Samsung is moving 500 jobs from Mexico to the US

Is this a good or bad thing?

I mean, people come here from Mexico because they lack opportunity. This makes us increase our border patrol, build a wall, flood our courts with deportations, and yes, costs us taxpayers a ton of money.

If they had more opportunity, perhaps it would help us in or immigration goals. But if we keep taking opportunity away from them, what else are these people supposed to do to support their families?

Is this a good or bad thing?

I mean, people come here from Mexico because they lack opportunity. This makes us increase our border patrol, build a wall, flood our courts with deportations, and yes, costs us taxpayers a ton of money.

If they had more opportunity, perhaps it would help us in or immigration goals. But if we keep taking opportunity away from them, what else are these people supposed to do to support their families?

Ray, here is a good article. Seems NAFTA really shafted the Mexicans as well

After 20 Years, NAFTA Leaves Mexico’s Economy in Ruins

Good thing trump repealed nafta! !

Oh wait . He hasn't changed shit

Is this a good or bad thing? I mean, people come here from Mexico because they lack opportunity. This makes us increase our border patrol, build a wall, flood our courts with deportations, and yes, costs us taxpayers a ton of money.If they had more opportunity, perhaps it would help us in or immigration goals. But if we keep taking opportunity away from them, what else are these people supposed to do to support their families?
Yeah, that's a fair question, I've thought about that myself.

In the long run, what really needs to be done is for Mexico to get its shit together, and turn itself into something other than a shit hole from which its own people are desperate to escape.

Can they do that on their own, or would we have to get involved somehow? I dunno.

Great seeing jobs coming back to Americans. And i do think Trump has played a significant role in this trend. Good on him. :thup:

Forum List

Back