Sales Taxes

Stock Transactions are investments, not purchases.
Then stop buying and selling them.

Next.

If people stop investing in business, who will provide the money for manufacturing, farming, commerce, mining? Big government? Is a bureaucrat or politician better at determining what a good idea to risk money at than investors in the market.

The idea of punishing people for doing the right thing and saving for their retirement doesn't seem to be very wise. How do you think having millions more impoverished seniors living in the homes of their younger relatives going to work out?
Invest in business.

When you buy and sell stocks repeatedly you aren't investing in business, you buying and selling stocks. Pay sales tax.
It is pure speculation
Pay a fee on each transaction

I suppose that the millenials will have no problem supporting the old timers and having them in their homes when they are destitute?

To me, its best for people to save for their own retirement, instead of ending up as an indigent geezer.

I guess that's what libs want, however.
Kind of being hyperbolic aren’t you?
No, a small fee on transactions will not put old people in the poor house
It will keep the wealthy from protecting their riches

1% isn't a "small fee" at all. Its actually quite high will billions of shares of stock being traded on every business day.

Most pension funds trade stocks back and forth all the time, as checks are written, the formula gets out of balance and contributions are received. Stock purchases aren't a "one time " expense.
Exactly
Think of the revenue that would be generated

It will become the cost of doing business

I am thinking about the revenue it would generate. Do you really think its that smart to make Big Government even wealthier and more powerful than they are right now?
Yes. Republicans have starved the government to the point where they can't feed the needy.
The government is more expensive than ever.

It's the politicians that can't responsibly manage our tax dollars that are the problem

Good things for a modern society
Subsidizing a dependent class is not a good thing for any society.
Helping people who need help
What civilized societies do
There's a difference between helping and fostering dependence

We also have programs to provide educational and jobs training opportunities. Millions have taken advantage of them
And millions haven't because we do not require it

Sales Taxes:
individuals' annual purchases rather than their paid income taxes, are more accurate indications of their comparative proportional incomes and wealth.
Sales taxes are only regressive in comparison to income taxes, when levied upon those who do not otherwise pay income taxes, (i.e. upon those of much less or no taxable incomes).
[Depending upon the product purchased and the drafting of the law, sales taxes can to some extent be drafted to effectively be greater or lesser regressive].

At some point increases of tax revenues less justify the economic consequences of the increases; those points differ for different tax schemes and their purposes. It's my opinion those points are of comparatively lesser rates for sales taxes rather than taxes on incomes or upon almost any other matters. I also believe it's desirable for all while in the USA, and all USA citizens to the extent we're able, should be equitably required to contribute to our tax revenues.

Respectfully, Supposn
Sales taxes are regressive because poor people spend all or most of their money and wealthy folks do not.

Next.
Wow so that's why they're poor, and rich people are rich..

I was always wondering why
images (1).jpeg

Yes, folks. They really are this stupid.

Helping those in need isn't the same as subsidizing a dependent class, retard.

What are Republicans doing other than building more prisons?

Actually, Republicans aren't building new prisons at all. The GOP likes the idea of the PRIVATE SECTOR doing the construction and operating private penitentiaries.

The D's are the ones who want to close up this industry and build new government run gulags.

Helping those in need isn't the same as subsidizing a dependent class, retard.

What are Republicans doing other than building more prisons?

Actually, Republicans aren't building new prisons at all. The GOP likes the idea of the PRIVATE SECTOR doing the construction and operating private penitentiaries.

The D's are the ones who want to close up this industry and build new government run gulags.
Republicans created Prisons for Profit
With an incentive to keep them filled

Show me ANY Republican initiative that helps poor and working families more than it helps the wealthy
I'm not a virtue signaling simp like you, kid. I don't care whether or not an initiative helps the poor or the wealthy. I'd prefer no initiatives unless they both slash federal spending and reduce the unsustainable deficit/debt. Of course, I'm an adult and you're a useful idiot.

Blue Man, there's a limit to what's an acceptable sales tax rate. I don't believe we can entirely replace federal income taxes with a federal sales tax. ...
Look it up.
The Fair Tax plan is revenue neutral with the current tax system
Blues Man, tax's revenue neutrality isn't the issue. Sales taxes are only regressive in comparison to income taxes, when levied upon those who do not otherwise pay income taxes, (i.e. upon those of much less or no taxable incomes.

Reducing federal rates of taxes effectively taxing incomes, while simultaneously increasing the rates of a federal sales tax is only fair to those people who currently have incomes and currently pay those taxes effectively upon their incomes.

Payroll taxes paid by Employers are effectively indirect taxes upon their customers. Transferring payroll taxes to be sales taxes is of some financial harm to the poor and the dependents of those poor that are not among the working-poor or social security retirees.

To the extent the fair tax is fully enacted without compensating federal programs for those of lesser incomes or wealth, the tax is less fair to poorer people.
Respectfully, Supposn

A consumption tax is a fine motivation to increase one's earnings, too.
Not to mention a consumption tax encourages saving. Disagree if you'd like, but people who save money are far better off in the long run than those who don't. Better prepared for job loss, better prepared for life's unexpected costs, better prepared for retirement, and far less stressed on a daily basis, which equates to better health outcomes.
The great thing about the Fair Tax is that only new goods are taxed.

Used goods aren't.
Blues Man, refer to Text - H.R.25 - 116th Congress (2019-2020): FairTax Act of 2019
Goods, services, and "used" goods are all subject to tax within most, (if not all of) USA's sales tax states. It's anticipated to be similar for any proposed general sales tax to be enacted as federal law. Respectfully, Supposn

Blue Man, there's a limit to what's an acceptable sales tax rate. I don't believe we can entirely replace federal income taxes with a federal sales tax. ...
Look it up.
The Fair Tax plan is revenue neutral with the current tax system
Blues Man, tax's revenue neutrality isn't the issue. Sales taxes are only regressive in comparison to income taxes, when levied upon those who do not otherwise pay income taxes, (i.e. upon those of much less or no taxable incomes.

Reducing federal rates of taxes effectively taxing incomes, while simultaneously increasing the rates of a federal sales tax is only fair to those people who currently have incomes and currently pay those taxes effectively upon their incomes.

Payroll taxes paid by Employers are effectively indirect taxes upon their customers. Transferring payroll taxes to be sales taxes is of some financial harm to the poor and the dependents of those poor that are not among the working-poor or social security retirees.

To the extent the fair tax is fully enacted without compensating federal programs for those of lesser incomes or wealth, the tax is less fair to poorer people.
Respectfully, Supposn
Once again which is why necessities should be exempt.

The Fair tax would also replace FICA taxes.

If things like clothing, food and medical services, medicine and utilities are exempted and people no longer pay FICA taxes people would end up with more money left over every week not less

Sales Taxes:
individuals' annual purchases rather than their paid income taxes, are more accurate indications of their comparative proportional incomes and wealth.
Sales taxes are only regressive in comparison to income taxes, when levied upon those who do not otherwise pay income taxes, (i.e. upon those of much less or no taxable incomes).
[Depending upon the product purchased and the drafting of the law, sales taxes can to some extent be drafted to effectively be greater or lesser regressive].

At some point increases of tax revenues less justify the economic consequences of the increases; those points differ for different tax schemes and their purposes. It's my opinion those points are of comparatively lesser rates for sales taxes rather than taxes on incomes or upon almost any other matters. I also believe it's desirable for all while in the USA, and all USA citizens to the extent we're able, should be equitably required to contribute to our tax revenues.

Respectfully, Supposn
Sales taxes are regressive because poor people spend all or most of their money and wealthy folks do not.

Next.

Businesses have the option to pass on taxes they pay whereby poor people can't. They just wear it.
Some countries have a goods and services tax and it is cruel on the lower incomes.

New Topics

Forum List

Back