Saints vs Broncos, would you go all in for 5%?

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
I'm not going to do anything crazy as I only bet relatively small, but, would you go all in for a 5% return on the Moneyline? The line is -16 for the Ravens, which might actually be the better bet.

Is a practice squad QB on a relatively weak team going to be guaranteed a lost for 5%? Does a "run all game strategy" have the potential for a major upset today?

Considering I can get Denver at +1050 I'd be more apt to just place a small wager on them rather than a "guaranteed bet for 5% return" on the Ravens. I'm sure some heavy hitters are placing big bets on the Ravens though.

Last edited:
If it was guarantied, they wouldn't play the game ... I'd put $10 on the Broncos ... but then again, I've put $10 down on a single roll of the dice ...

Odds already went down to +950. Looks like there has been some heavy action on the underdog M/L.

I'm not even sure I see the game on Covers.com. So it may not be offered by all sites. I'm looking at a European one.

I'm not going to do anything crazy as I only bet relatively small, but, would you go all in for a 5% return on the Moneyline? The line is -16 for the Ravens, which might actually be the better bet.

Is a practice squad QB on a relatively weak team going to be guaranteed a lost for 5%? Does a "run all game strategy" have the potential for a major upset today?

Considering I can get Denver at +1050 I'd be more apt to just place a small wager on them rather than a "guaranteed bet for 5% return" on the Ravens. I'm sure some heavy hitters are placing big bets on the Ravens though.

The Ravens play in Baltimore. ;) Or were you talking about the Ravens line in contrast to the Saints/Broncos line?

From what I read, the practice squad QB is actually a practice squad WR who is being forced into QB duty because all of the actual QBs on the team are having to quarantine.

I'm actually surprised this game might be played rather than rescheduled.

The Ravens play in Baltimore. ;) Or were you talking about the Ravens line in contrast to the Saints/Broncos line?

From what I read, the practice squad QB is actually a practice squad WR who is being forced into QB duty because all of the actual QBs on the team are having to quarantine.

Yes I mean I'm a saints fan 100% and I would be fine with them rescheduling this game. It's not fair to Denver.

Yes I mean I'm a saints fan 100% and I would be fine with them rescheduling this game. It's not fair to Denver.

What if they all were on IR for injuries; high ankle sprains or broken collarbones. Would you be as willing to reschedule the game?

I get the point spread but not the rest of what you mean. As far as I knew all in is a TV poker term. Old school.

I get the point spread but not the rest of what you mean. As far as I knew all in is a TV poker term. Old school.

I meant "all in" as a general term for "put all your bankroll on one bet" or simply make a massive bet that you wouldn't normally make. If you normally bet $50, you bet $3000 for this game or something.

As it were I rarely lay money on big favourites. So I placed a small bet on Denver. Meh, 10-1 in a professional sport is the type of odds you don't get ever, except today, so it will be a stress free game.

I meant "all in" as a general term for "put all your bankroll on one bet" or simply make a massive bet that you wouldn't normally make. If you normally bet $50, you bet $3000 for this game or something.

As it were I rarely lay money on big favourites. So I placed a small bet on Denver. Meh, 10-1 in a professional sport is the type of odds you don't get ever, except today, so it will be a stress free game.
Oh, no then in my experience high point spreads can go either way easily.

Oh, no then in my experience high point spreads can go either way easily.

I didn't even take the spread, I went for the M/L lol.

They got 3 points. I didn't see the game. Game like that You just go and play for the fun of it and go full blast.

The game was pretty ugly. The Broncos had 1 completion for 13 yards all game; the 'quarterback', Kendall Hinton, was 1/9 for 13 yards with 2 int's. The Saints were better, but only in comparison: Taysom Hill was 9/16 for 78 yards with 1 int.

Denver had 112 total yards in the game. If the Saints had a decent QB playing (sorry, Hill didn't look anything like a decent QB this game) I think they might have gotten the 31 points they finished with by halftime. The Denver D did what it could, but they had to keep getting back on the field when the O once again couldn't move the ball.

Considering the other games that were rescheduled this year, this one definitely should have been.

New Topics

Forum List

Back