Saints/Seahawks...

HUGGY

I Post Because I Care
Mar 24, 2009
Seattle at large...Ballard lately
I'm glad the Saints won. That give the Hawks coaches an extra day to prepare a game plan. It also give the players an extra day to plan thier apre game celebrations. These things take time to organize!!!

It will be exciting to see what Percy Harvin brings to the table after hearing about him all season and only see him touch the ball twice againt the Vikings.

Brees and the Saints were restrained by the Hawks on December 2nd to thier lowest offensive output in several years. They will certainly have to do better than that to have any chance next weekend in Seattle.

I believe if Wilson plays mistake free football as he is quite capable of doing the Seahawks should score more than enough points to win against N O.

I'm glad the Saints won. That give the Hawks coaches an extra day to prepare a game plan. It also give the players an extra day to plan thier apre game celebrations. These things take time to organize!!!

It will be exciting to see what Percy Harvin brings to the table after hearing about him all season and only see him touch the ball twice againt the Vikings.

Brees and the Saints were restrained by the Hawks on December 2nd to thier lowest offensive output in several years. They will certainly have to do better than that to have any chance next weekend in Seattle.

I believe if Wilson plays mistake free football as he is quite capable of doing the Seahawks should score more than enough points to win against N O.

The Saints now know what to expect. It will be a different game then last time.

So this time they will pack extra Kleenex and crying towels?

I hate to say it Huggly, the Saints are gonna kick your ass and it will be ugly.

It's gonna be ugly, Huggly.

Woogie boogie, ******! Woogie boogie!

I hate to say it Huggly, the Saints are gonna kick your ass and it will be ugly.

It's gonna be ugly, Huggly.

Woogie boogie, ******! Woogie boogie!

Well...if anybody knows ugly it's the Or'leans folks. That place stinks to high heavens. Drove through it once...was gonna stop to eat but the city has such a foul stench I just drove on through till the air was beathable.. lucky I had some snacks in the car. I had my next prepared meal in Texas.. Then headed North ..turned left in Colorado and on up to Seattle.

I hope it's a clean and sudden kill next weekend..We need to just reach in and rip thier hearts out early in the first qtr and remove all will to live. I hate to see suffering.. :lol:

Last edited:
Well...if anybody knows ugly it's the Or'leans folks. That place stinks to high heavens. Drove through it once...was gonna stop to eat but the city has such a foul stench I just drove on through till the air was beathable.. lucky I had some snacks in the car. I had my next prepared meal in Texas.. Then headed North ..turned left in Colorado and on up to Seattle.

I hope it's a clean and sudden kill next weekend..We need to just reach in and rip thier hearts out early in the first qtr and remove all will to live. I hate to see suffering.. :lol:
Have you ever driven through Sacramento or Truckee?

I'm glad the Saints won.

You would have been saying you were glad the Eagles won if they had won....Just sayin'

No... I wasn't just flapping my gums...

We have already seen N O. We know what they can do.. we know what they cannot do. I'm not saying we beat them down like a month ago but we haven't played the Eagles. We won't have to make any last second adjustments to counter what the Eagles bring. Ya sure the ball bounces funny any sometimes the refs make "interesting" calls but as you can see from the first two games and this morning that the officials have been told to let the teams play. That's right in the Seahawks wheelhouse. I am very happy to have the Saints come to town next weekend. I would have ben happy to see SF also for the same reason. We know how to match up against them. We also enjoy a history of huge home field advantage against the 9ers. I'm not saying I was scared to see the Eagles but it is always better to go with what you know...especially if what you know has been success.

The best way to predict the future is from past results...

That being said, Drew Brees is one of the best, never count him out HUGGY...

Seattle is clearly the favorite, especially at home. But I think it will be a very close game. This is the playoffs- all the players are pumped.

:thup:

I agree. Brees has proven that at least at home in his dome he is nearly unbeatable. Now they went up to Philly and pulled out a close game with a last second field goal. I don't think a squeaker like that neccessarily gets the monkey off thier back in never winning a playoff game on the road before yesterday. It certainly wasn't a close loss in Seattle.

The Saints have a lot to work on and improve upon to be competitive at Century Link. They didn't lose just because Brees had a bad day. They got spanked in every measurable phase of the game. They came out tenative and found themselves behind 17-0 in the first qtr.

Unfortunately for the Saints what they do best when they were winning Seattle does better on defense. The sad truth for Brees passing attack is that Seattle has three official pro bowlers in the secondary and truth be told we have at least five players that should be all pro in the defensive backfield.

The Saints had 188 total yards on Dec 2nd 44 of those being run yards. So it isn't just a tweak here and a nip and tuck there that they have to tune up to be competative with the Hawks.

The crowd noise is part of the problem but really it is a whole lot more than the distraction caused by the 12th man.

Anything is possible though. If they get lucky bounces of the ball...fortunate officiating...and play thier A plus game thruout the contest and the Seahawks stumble and make a lot of mistakes and shoot themselves in the foot like they did against the Cardinals..anything can happen.

No I don't think so.I see this game as being another blowout again.It was no surprise to me at all the saints finally won a cold weather game and beat the eagles last week because one,the Eagles don't have a defense,2-Nick Foles has never played an entire season.Only half a season the last two years so he has really only had ONE full season as a quarterback now and is still learning.

This time The saints will be facing a GREAT defense on the road in the cold weather and have to deal with a much louder and noiser crowd and not having a good defense playing on the road,always catches up with you in the end.

Its the winner of the panthers/niners game I am more concerned about since they both have good defenses.

Last edited:
Seattle is clearly the favorite, especially at home. But I think it will be a very close game. This is the playoffs- all the players are pumped.

:thup:

Naw expect another blowout.remember,the saints play horrible on the road especially in cold weather,they won in philly cause they have a terrible defense and were playing against a quarterback who has never played an entire season before playing only half the season last year and this year.

THIS time the saints will be facing a GREAT defense in a much more hostile and louder environment and when you don't have a good defense,that always comes back to bite you on the road.I expect with the weeks rest,the Hawks offense will be in gear now and finally ready to go.

except he doesn't have a defense worth a shit.:lol: that will cost him on the road.one man cant win the entire game for ya.:lol: its a TEAM game.

You just better hope it's not close HUGGY, because if it is Pete Carroll will surely find a way to blow it.

I agree. Brees has proven that at least at home in his dome he is nearly unbeatable. Now they went up to Philly and pulled out a close game with a last second field goal. I don't think a squeaker like that neccessarily gets the monkey off thier back in never winning a playoff game on the road before yesterday. It certainly wasn't a close loss in Seattle.

The Saints have a lot to work on and improve upon to be competitive at Century Link. They didn't lose just because Brees had a bad day. They got spanked in every measurable phase of the game. They came out tenative and found themselves behind 17-0 in the first qtr.

Unfortunately for the Saints what they do best when they were winning Seattle does better on defense. The sad truth for Brees passing attack is that Seattle has three official pro bowlers in the secondary and truth be told we have at least five players that should be all pro in the defensive backfield.

The Saints had 188 total yards on Dec 2nd 44 of those being run yards. So it isn't just a tweak here and a nip and tuck there that they have to tune up to be competative with the Hawks.

The crowd noise is part of the problem but really it is a whole lot more than the distraction caused by the 12th man.

Anything is possible though. If they get lucky bounces of the ball...fortunate officiating...and play thier A plus game thruout the contest and the Seahawks stumble and make a lot of mistakes and shoot themselves in the foot like they did against the Cardinals..anything can happen.

very true.if they come out and stumble like they did in the cards game its going to be a long day for the Hawks and they wont win the game if they play like that. But I am very confidant the Hawks after having time off to rest and recuperate,that they will bring their A game this time and it will be another blowout.

I also was happy that the saints won and this is the team they are playing because the saints play horrible on the road especially in the cold. they won in philly because they don't have a defense where the Hawks do and the fact they just barely beat the eagles proves they are not that good a team.

Come on the Eagals are a crappy team.They were only in the playoffs because their division is the weakest in the NFL.A complete joke.SOMEBODY had to win the divison and go on in the playoffs,thats the only reason the Eagles got as far as they did.

well this time the saints wont be playing another pushover and it will be another long and miserable day for Brees. assuming they don't come out and play like they did against the cards again which I don't see happening:lol:

Once again, technically, this is a 'bye week' game and the Seahawks, given they are not as bad as the Panthers coming off a bye, have more 'L's' then 'W's in their last 7 'bye' situations.
Is it enough for the Saints to be able to win? I think not.
Seahawks will be slow out of the gate, but will overcome it and be pulling away at the end with a comfortable, but not an overwhelming margin. They have too much class stacked up against the Saints.

Forum List

Back