Saddam got a trial, Qaddafi got a bullet

JRK

Feb 27, 2011
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/21/w...ay-qaddafi-stronghold-has-fallen.html?_r=1&hp

You know it amazes me how much history is decided to be right or wrong by what the media says
Without our fighter jest Qaddafi is probably still alive, no congress, no reason we are ever told. Saddam is given years, congress twice concludes we are better off without him by resolve, he is arrested, has a fair trial and hanged for crimes against his own people. Some-how GWB is the bad guy in all of this and not sure what BHO is suppose to be any-more

URGENT: A U.S. Predator drone, along with a French fighter jet, fired on a 'large convoy' — part of which is shown here — said to be carrying Muammar Qaddafi in the moments before he was caught and killed, a U.S. defense official tells Fox News.
BREAKING NEWS
U.S. Predator Drone Fired On Qaddafi Convoy, Official Says | Fox News

Last edited:
Very good point. And this was the most blatant up front 'War for Oil' i've ever seen. Shame on the Liberal Press and all others who were cheerleading for this war.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/21/w...ay-qaddafi-stronghold-has-fallen.html?_r=1&hp

You know it amazes me how much history is decided to be right or wrong by what the media says
Without our fighter jest Qaddafi is probably still alive, no congress, no reason we are ever told. Saddam is given years, congress twice concludes we are better off without him by resolve, he is arrested, has a fair trial and hanged for crimes against his own people. Some-how GWB is the bad guy in all of this and not sure what BHO is suppose to be any-more

Not true. The Brits, the French, and plenty of other nations participated in the air strikes against Gadaffi.

This was not our call. It was the Libyans. Just like Saddam was the Iraqi's call.

Pretty gruesome stuff. I don't see anything to celebrate here. Our new puppets could be even more brutal than Ghaddafi. So excuse me if i don't jump for joy.

Last edited:
The point is that I am not sure why Obama gets a free pass on this stuff. It matters not that the brits an French also attacked.
Why did we then?
iLet me add that there was close to 50 other countries that helped us with Iraq, yet the two are treated so different

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos
The point is that I am not sure why Obama gets a free pass on this stuff. It matters not that the brits an French also attacked.
Why did we then?
iLet me add that there was close to 50 other countries that helped us with Iraq, yet the two are treated so different

The difference is that American forces caught Saddam and had him in custody and could control what happened. If Iraqi forces had caught him, he would have died on the spot too.

Why did we then?

The difference is that American forces caught Saddam and had him in custody and could control what happened. If Iraqi forces had caught him, he would have died on the spot too.

Bingo.

• Thanks
What's Human Rights Watch saying today? I don't usually give them credibility anymore but i find them entertaining sometimes. I'll check out what they have to say about this.

Dumb ass, Gaddafi was responsible for Lockerby. He ordered the deaths of Americans. His death was well deserved.

Bush went after Hussien, and failed to get Bin Laden, who was responsible for the deaths of 3000 Americans on American soil. Bush invaded Iraq on the basis of lies, and created a worse situation there than already existed.

Dumb ass, Gaddafi was responsible for Lockerby. He ordered the deaths of Americans. His death was well deserved.

Bush went after Hussien, and failed to get Bin Laden, who was responsible for the deaths of 3000 Americans on American soil. Bush invaded Iraq on the basis of lies, and created a worse situation there than already existed.

Obama gets hi 5's & Bush is demonized.... typical BULLSHIT :cuckoo:

I think see your point and agree wholeheartedly, which is I think that without us, the farcical opéra bouffe that was the nato effort in/over Libya would never have reached this point, period.

Qaddafi wold be alive and in power, still.

The whole point being, take the reaction of the media and the melange of human rights NGO's, the UN hum rights comm. etc. this week, or I should say the non reaction of those entities and balance that against the reactions to say Saddams hanging, the deaths of his sons ( I remember some serious questioning of the whys and where fores of that 'fire fight' etc.), the uproar over collateral damage casualties in Iraq, Afghanistan wherever, the barbarity of the 'Northern Alliance' that the CIA had a hand in funding etc etc etc...

its no secret; when a dem. president commits us to war, or assassinations or sppt of either, its a righteous cause, whens its a rep? they are bloodthirsty cowboys...

Last edited:
YAY!! WHOOPY!! They murdered his family too!! Seriously,why are Americans celebrating this? There will be no benefit to them at all. Cheap oil? Yea don't count on it. And their own country is still crumbling. Oh well,another convenient distraction i guess.

your memory is either faulty or is very selective.

we were in control of the process in Iraq. If we had dealt with Hussein the way the Iraqis wanted to, we would have been universally condemned.

The Libyans were in charge of this. From the story I saw and the pictures, they captured him alive and then just went "The hell with it" and blew him away. He pretty much died by his rules rather than ours.

• Thanks

Not sure why it matters not that the French and UK participated. Not sure why everything in the world is Obama's fault. That's no better than the idiot liberal wing-nuts who tried to blame everything in the world on Bush.

• Thanks
we were in control of the process in Iraq. If we had dealt with Hussein the way the Iraqis wanted to, we would have been universally condemned.

The Libyans were in charge of this. From the story I saw and the pictures, they captured him alive and then just went "The hell with it" and blew him away. He pretty much died by his rules rather than ours.

So they executed him with no trial. Americans better be very wary of their new puppets. They could end up being a much bigger problem than Gaddafi was.

Forum List

Back