S&P 500 heads to worst first half since 70s as recession fears loom

Worst first 6 months of a year in the stock market since 1970 and what are liberals focusing on?

January 6th.

Talk about out of touch! Nobody gives a fuck about Trump, fake steering wheel grabbing from the back seat of the beast, etc. They care about their pay being low, prices being high and crime rates through the roof. Get with reality, you stupid fucking liberals!

what is the Govt's role in keeping the stock market high?

Consumer inflation rose 8.6% in May, a fresh 40-year high

Stocks are about to turn in the worst first half in fifty years when the second quarter wraps on Thursday as inflation sits at a 40-year high.

The S&P 500, the broadest measure of stocks, is down nearly 18% this year the worst since 1970, as tracked by Dow Jones Market Data Group. That makes 2022 the fifth-worst half performance on record.

Stocks are falling as the possibility of a recession rises.

"I think there is a very real risk of a recession, it is perhaps inevitable we do have an economic downturn before 2024," said John Lonski, president of economic forecasting firm Thru the Cycle.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/...lf-since-1970s

Thank you Democrats!!
This has been building ever since the pandemic started, don't put all the blame on democrats, what did trump do to stop it. Nothing. What did the Republicans do to stop it. nothing. Shit happens, at least Russia hasn't invaded Poland and started WWIII yet.

This has been building ever since the pandemic started, don't put all the blame on democrats, what did trump do to stop it. Nothing. What did the Republicans do to stop it. nothing. Shit happens, at least Russia hasn't invaded Poland and started WWIII yet.
he gave us 52.3% returns instead of negatives like dumbass in charge now

Wait a couple...you know damned well anything outa their mouths takes it one way or another.
I thought that hell was right there?

Now I have to wait a day or two or weeks or years or decades for your shit.

You people are so fucking financially illiterate.

You go on living in your cave, I will move into my shiny new house while laughing my ass off at you.
Have fun with the unpaid part time job.
I a renting now, by Oct I will not be. I will be living in my cool, new shiny home and nobody will ever be able to raise my rent on me, tell me I am not allowed to get that extra dog or cannot paint that wall that color.

I plan on living in this house for the next decade or two. Even if the bottom comes out of the housing market and the value of my house drops for a few years, all that does is mean I am saving money on property taxes.

Yes, there is a recession coming, and the worst part of a recession is the threat of losing employment. While there is no job 100%, the wife and I are both as about as secure as one can get in that area.

Our house is costing us less than half of the mortgage we could qualify for if we had asked for it. Even when we add the house in to the mix our debt to income ratio is less than 20%.

So yeah, you enjoy your apartment living, you enjoy your landlord doubling your rent each year. I am sure that will be a good time for you.

The wife and I will be sitting on our screened in deck enjoying Mojitos.
And dreading the next tax bill. Or the next repair. I wish I'd dumped my house sooner.
No, basic math does not say different.

Yes, inflation is in double digits, but it will not stay that way.

Nothing is confusing me. Having control over where I live is more important to us than a little more money we might spend. Our monthly payment will be set in stone for the next amount of years it takes us to pay it off. Since we are not doing a ARM it will never changes. 10 years from now we will have the same monthly payment as we will the day we move in. 20 years from then it will still be the same if we have not paid it off, which we probably will have.

You though will continue to see your rent to up on a yearly basis. Rent nationwide is up almost 15% over the past year. You will never know one year to the next what your housing expense will be, or even where you will be living.

Our house is costing is less than 2 years gross wages for us, about 19 months to be exact. Add in that our wages will increase each year it will be less and less.

Yes, our house will own us for a while, your landlord will own you forever. You will forever be living by someone else's rules.
So...you believe property tax will never go up?
Renting is better if you don't already own a home because all repairs, taxes, insurance, and maintenance costs are in the rent.
Of course utility costs are higher in multi-family housing but it's insufficient to offset the other savings. (Multi-family housing has much much lower standards for insulation)

It's called quantitative analysis. Your personal income is irrelevant when determining investment opportunities and living quarters at the same time. AVERAGE household income vs average house costs are used. (Macro and micro)

Pay attention and you might actually get to make money instead of losing it.
What?

Have fun with the unpaid part time job.

Thanks, I will. We have rented longer than I had planned on doing so. Plus, if the house is gaining value, I am being paid.

Meeting with the window treatment lady today to measure all the windows for plantation shutters. Very exciting!
And dreading the next tax bill. Or the next repair. I wish I'd dumped my house sooner.

Taxes will be put into an escrow account and I will not dread them at all.

So...you believe property tax will never go up?

Not at the rate that rent has been going up. And I have some level of control on property taxes.

New Topics

Forum List

Back