S.3538 is back: Senators Want EARN IT Bill to Scan All Online Messages

Natural Citizen

American Made
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 8, 2016
Another day in the neighborhood. Like most other tyrannies, it's all for the childrens.

''A group of lawmakers led by Sen. Richard Blumenthal (D-CT) and Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) have re-introduced the EARN IT Act, an incredibly unpopular bill from 2020 that was dropped in the face of overwhelming opposition. Let’s be clear: the new EARN IT Act would pave the way for a massive new surveillance system, run by private companies, that would roll back some of the most important privacy and security features in technology used by people around the globe. It’s a framework for private actors to scan every message sent online and report violations to law enforcement. And it might not stop there. The EARN IT Act could ensure that anything hosted online—backups, websites, cloud photos, and more—is scanned.

The bill empowers every U.S. state or territory to create sweeping new Internet regulations, by stripping away the critical legal protections for websites and apps that currently prevent such a free-for-all—specifically, Section 230. The states will be allowed to pass whatever type of law they want to hold private companies liable, as long as they somehow relate their new rules to online child abuse.

The goal is to get states to pass laws that will punish companies when they deploy end-to-end encryption, or offer other encrypted services. This includes messaging services like WhatsApp, Signal, and iMessage, as well as web hosts like Amazon Web Services. We know that EARN IT aims to spread the use of tools to scan against law enforcement databases because the bill’s sponsors have said so. In a “Myths and Facts” document distributed by the bill’s proponents, it even names the government-approved software that they could mandate (PhotoDNA, a Microsoft program with an API that reports directly to law enforcement databases).

The document also attacks Amazon for not scanning enough of its content. Since Amazon is the home of Amazon Web Services, host of a huge number of websites, that implies the bill’s aim is to ensure that anything hosted online gets scanned.''

Continued - It’s Back: Senators Want EARN IT Bill to Scan All Online Messages

R.27aa20c8625f3171bef7a9c965fe6eec

IMO? This is just paving the way for the VAX Passport system, to create a social credit system, which the government continually denies it is going to allow private business to use to collect & collate all data on the populace on.

Naomi Wolf - Why Vaccine Passports Equal Slavery Forever​

Another day in the neighborhood. Like most other tyrannies, it's all for the childrens.

''A group of lawmakers led by Sen. Richard Blumenthal (D-CT) and Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) have re-introduced the EARN IT Act, an incredibly unpopular bill from 2020 that was dropped in the face of overwhelming opposition. Let’s be clear: the new EARN IT Act would pave the way for a massive new surveillance system, run by private companies, that would roll back some of the most important privacy and security features in technology used by people around the globe. It’s a framework for private actors to scan every message sent online and report violations to law enforcement. And it might not stop there. The EARN IT Act could ensure that anything hosted online—backups, websites, cloud photos, and more—is scanned.

The bill empowers every U.S. state or territory to create sweeping new Internet regulations, by stripping away the critical legal protections for websites and apps that currently prevent such a free-for-all—specifically, Section 230. The states will be allowed to pass whatever type of law they want to hold private companies liable, as long as they somehow relate their new rules to online child abuse.

The goal is to get states to pass laws that will punish companies when they deploy end-to-end encryption, or offer other encrypted services. This includes messaging services like WhatsApp, Signal, and iMessage, as well as web hosts like Amazon Web Services. We know that EARN IT aims to spread the use of tools to scan against law enforcement databases because the bill’s sponsors have said so. In a “Myths and Facts” document distributed by the bill’s proponents, it even names the government-approved software that they could mandate (PhotoDNA, a Microsoft program with an API that reports directly to law enforcement databases).

The document also attacks Amazon for not scanning enough of its content. Since Amazon is the home of Amazon Web Services, host of a huge number of websites, that implies the bill’s aim is to ensure that anything hosted online gets scanned.''

Fascists want to fascist. It's what they do.

Isn't this why olympic athletes were told to use burner phones in China?

I am disappointed but not surprised to see so many names of co-sponsors followed by the “R.” On its face, this bill sounds reprehensible. That’s a first take. But anything sponsored by the hack Blumenthal is likely to be some stupid and bad shit.
That's exactly right. Blumenthal is like a Covid virus. So is Cornyn, Durbin, Feinstein, etc.

Well we are likely kidding ourselves if we think they are not already doing this but ya I am definitely against making it legal.

Oh, it gets waaaay better than that:
Think about this. YOUR money can be programmed so that you have to spend it on what the government "approves of".

Oh, it gets waaaay better than that:
Think about this. YOUR money can be programmed so that you have to spend it on what the government "approves of".
I posted about this and covered it back in January. They are known as Central Bank Digital Currencies. The only way to fight it, is to use cash as much as possible. . . refuse to use it.

The Davos Agenda Reveals Governance 4.0 - #NewWorldNextWeek​

Story #2

Visa launches platform to test out central bank digital currencies​

I posted about this and covered it back in January. They are known as Central Bank Digital Currencies. The only way to fight it, is to use cash as much as possible. . . refuse to use it.

The Davos Agenda Reveals Governance 4.0 - #NewWorldNextWeek​

Story #2

Visa launches platform to test out central bank digital currencies​

Yanno Mr B, most of us ,myself included, barely can get our heads around a fiat system

Here i sense the prostitution of it

and so we ask, to who's gain? well , it would appear the 'powers that be'

This all seems a click away , too easy to find, too many speaking about it.....

an ex, where 'digital currency' is (yet again) brought up>>>>

~S~

Yanno Mr B, most of us ,myself included, barely can get our heads around a fiat system

Here i sense the prostitution of it

and so we ask, to who's gain? well , it would appear the 'powers that be'

This all seems a click away , too easy to find, too many speaking about it.....

an ex, where 'digital currency' is (yet again) brought up>>>>

~S~

I have followed this a little bit, and I do tell folks, that national borders, are now, just an illusion. I agree with this analysis.

Yeah. . . the question is, which I really ponder, how much are the Russians and Chinese in on this? I have seen Xi in on the WEF & Davos meetings . . . OTH, I have not seen the former Soviet blocs involved much. . .

I have followed this a little bit, and I do tell folks, that national borders, are now, just an illusion. I agree with this analysis.

Yeah. . . the question is, which I really ponder, how much are the Russians and Chinese in on this? I have seen Xi in on the WEF & Davos meetings . . . OTH, I have not seen the former Soviet blocs involved much. . .

This Lukenshenko dude is....basically sayin' the same thing Mr B!

1644264551560.png

~S~

Forum List

Back