Ryder Cup crowds

I cant believe that the rabble watching this are actual golf fans. You cheer a good shot and not an opponents mistake. Disgusting behaviour which is overshadowing a great US win.
Do you watch soccer? Do you only cheer when your side scores a point, or do you cheer when their side misses a shot? Just asking?

behavior
[bəˈhāvyər]

NOUN
  1. the way in which one acts or conducts oneself, especially toward others.
    "his insulting behavior toward me" ·
    [more]

I cant believe that the rabble watching this are actual golf fans. You cheer a good shot and not an opponents mistake. Disgusting behaviour which is overshadowing a great US win.
I'm a little sickened by it too. At times, it almost reminds me of a Trump rally. However, the US get its ass kicked so many times by the Europeans, I wouldn't put a come from behind victory for Europe during the singles matches today. It's unlikely, but not unheard of.

Do you watch soccer? Do you only cheer when your side scores a point, or do you cheer when their side misses a shot? Just asking?

behavior
[bəˈhāvyər]

NOUN
    [more]
Different sport entirely. Different setting. The rivalries and loyalties of the fans of the clubs makes that atmosphere.
It's to be expected. I don't expect golf claps at a soccer match.

What I do expect at golf matches is a modicum of civility. From golfers and fans. Not constant reminders of boorishness.
I understand the Ryder Cup has become a partisan event since 1999. And the US gets its ass handed to it so many times, when they go up big like this, it can be a release for the crowds...some of
whom by the looks of it...don't watch or play a whole lot of golf. :)

Yes America has gone into the crapper since Joe Biden became POTUS. No worries though. He is a one termer.

Ryder Cup crowd?...or Trump MAGA rally?...no gear to speak of, but you might have trouble telling the difference otherwise. :)
1632662911492.png

Who the hell actually watches golf on TV? Watching snails crawl would be more exciting.

The Ryder Cup is one of the better sporting events ON at the moment, Galt! Great golf on a brutally hard golf course by the best players in the world! What's not to like?

My idea of golf is whacking a 240 grain piece of lead with 7.5 grains of Alliant Unique at 950 fps, and putting it on a 4" diameter spot 100 yards away.

Kinda sorta the same as what those duffers do, but much louder. :laughing0301:

Patriotic people really chafe your ass...don't they, Jack! Would you feel "safer" if they were an Antifa crowd and were all wearing black and had their faces covered with masks?
At a Trump rally??..no, this kind of behavior wouldn't bother me. First off, they aren't patriotic. They are nationalistic, chest thumping lemmings. Feeling safe is irrelevant. I feel sick that this is what these people (and people like you) have brought this country to.

At a golf tournament? Yes, this kind of behavior is boorish and uncalled for. You want to cheer. Fine. Dispense with the constant USA!!..USA!!. It's a golf match, not an international soccer match. But what I've seen over the last two days of catcalling and taunts, calling for a miss (before a shot is taken or a putt made), and just the general level of ignorance of the crowds, it makes me want to see Europe pull off an upset just to shut the crowd up.

And yes, when the Ryder Cup is held in Europe, their fans cheer raucously for their team. It can be just as intense, if not more than over here. But there's a difference. Over there, the Americans are not subjected to nearly the behavior and treatment that I've seen the Europeans subjected to this week.

My idea of golf is whacking a 240 grain piece of lead with 7.5 grains of Alliant Unique at 950 fps, and putting it on a 4" diameter spot 100 yards away.

Kinda sorta the same as what those duffers do, but much louder. :laughing0301:
My idea of golf is taking on a long dog leg over water and ripping a three hundred yard drive to a fairway that you can barely see while your opponent winces in pain.

I'm a little sickened by it too. At times, it almost reminds me of a Trump rally. However, the US get its ass kicked so many times by the Europeans, I wouldn't put a come from behind victory for Europe during the singles matches today. It's unlikely, but not unheard of.
I think the US team is on another level at the moment. Very strong.

At a Trump rally??..no, this kind of behavior wouldn't bother me. First off, they aren't patriotic. They are nationalistic, chest thumping lemmings. Feeling safe is irrelevant. I feel sick that this is what these people (and people like you) have brought this country to.

At a golf tournament? Yes, this kind of behavior is boorish and uncalled for. You want to cheer. Fine. Dispense with the constant USA!!..USA!!. It's a golf match, not an international soccer match. But what I've seen over the last two days of catcalling and taunts, calling for a miss (before a shot is taken or a putt made), and just the general level of ignorance of the crowds, it makes me want to see Europe pull off an upset just to shut the crowd up.

And yes, when the Ryder Cup is held in Europe, their fans cheer raucously for their team. It can be just as intense, if not more than over here. But there's a difference. Over there, the Americans are not subjected to nearly the behavior and treatment that I've seen the Europeans subjected to this week.
With all due respect, Jack...cat calling and taunts are present at MOST sporting events! I was a hockey goalie up through college and there were almost always a group of fans behind my net at away games trying their best to get under my skin. You don't pay attention. It's just a part of the game.

behavior
[bəˈhāvyər]

NOUN
    [more]
Firstly there is no such sport as "soccer". Its football and bears no relation to golf. In football you play the other side. In golf you play the course.

My idea of golf is taking on a long dog leg over water and ripping a three hundred yard drive to a fairway that you can barely see while your opponent winces in pain.

I can dig that. But golf would sound more fun if you could see the ball knock something over when it hits. Or at least kick up some dirt. :04:

New Topics

Forum List

Back