Ryan Reynolds Politely Asks Americans To Stop Threatening To Move To Canada

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Always interesting to find fact in fiction. Or those who play fiction and aren't even aware of what they speak even in jest.

Beneath the surface, there is probably a bit of "we don't want you to see the old Soviet Union of the 1980s" which is what Canada has become, especially in Ontario the last 30 years.

Any American who believes they will be more free or prosperous in Canada needs to speak to me first. I will save them a wasted dream that doesn't exist. Canada is finished. It's why Reynolds got out, though he can pretend to be a spokesman for the border guards or something.

Also, Canada is a "welcoming country", but believe it or not, not so much for Americans. He is saying the quiet part out loud as Canada remains stuck in the horse and buggy economy...

In a new segment on "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon" titled "You Have To Stop", the actor pretended to complain about a few things from whispering "That looks good" after every movie trailer to Daylight saving time creating unnecessary hatred for farmers.

Among his complaints was the plea for Americans to stop threatening to come to Canada.

"You have to stop saying that you're going to move to Canada whenever you're mad at something in the U.S.," says Reynolds.

Canada is known to be a welcoming country, but hopeful Americans wanting to cross the border will have to look elsewhere Ryan Reynolds says.

"As a Canadian, I'm sorry, but we can't," he continues. "I know we're friendly, but Canada's not your safehouse."

Referencing the difficulty of crossing the border in the pandemic, he adds, "I mean, we barely let Canadians into Canada anymore, so please, pick somewhere else."

To persuade Americans, Reynolds offers an alternative location: "I hear Finland is really lovely this time of year."

Last edited:
To persuade Americans, Reynolds offers an alternative location: "I hear Finland is really lovely this time of year."
Oh, please, Americans.

Do NOT ruin Finland.

I know that many of you (actually your grandchildren or great-grandchildren) will want to leave this country in the coming decades.

But don't flood into those few countries that are still relatively harmonious and peaceful.

Where should you seek refuge from what will be happening here?

I have no idea.

Oh, please, Americans.

Do NOT ruin Finland.

I know that many of you (actually your grandchildren or great-grandchildren) will want to leave this country in the coming decades.

But don't flood into those few countries that are still relatively harmonious and peaceful.

I have no idea.

I've been suggesting some sort of cross-border citizenship exchange program for years on here. Let talented, ambitious Canadians who would excel in America exchange their plight in a failing shytehole in Canada with a trade with an American wanting to go to Canada. Those who falsely believe that America is in trouble can move to Canada and enjoy their own slice of East Germany.

Do the same for Finland and other nations. You want to bet that there are more people willing to accept that exchange to the U.S rather than vice versa? As a percent of a nations population, I would guarantee that more would want to move to the U.S than Americans wanting to leave.

Guarantee.

Always interesting to find fact in fiction. Or those who play fiction and aren't even aware of what they speak even in jest.

Beneath the surface, there is probably a bit of "we don't want you to see the old Soviet Union of the 1980s" which is what Canada has become, especially in Ontario the last 30 years.

Any American who believes they will be more free or prosperous in Canada needs to speak to me first. I will save them a wasted dream that doesn't exist. Canada is finished. It's why Reynolds got out, though he can pretend to be a spokesman for the border guards or something.

Also, Canada is a "welcoming country", but believe it or not, not so much for Americans. He is saying the quiet part out loud as Canada remains stuck in the horse and buggy economy...

In a new segment on "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon" titled "You Have To Stop", the actor pretended to complain about a few things from whispering "That looks good" after every movie trailer to Daylight saving time creating unnecessary hatred for farmers.

Among his complaints was the plea for Americans to stop threatening to come to Canada.

"You have to stop saying that you're going to move to Canada whenever you're mad at something in the U.S.," says Reynolds.

Canada is known to be a welcoming country, but hopeful Americans wanting to cross the border will have to look elsewhere Ryan Reynolds says.

"As a Canadian, I'm sorry, but we can't," he continues. "I know we're friendly, but Canada's not your safehouse."

Referencing the difficulty of crossing the border in the pandemic, he adds, "I mean, we barely let Canadians into Canada anymore, so please, pick somewhere else."

He's a comedian. It's a joke.

Yes, it would seem like a joke, wouldn't it?

In any joke there is always an element of truth. He probably speaks what he hears whispered, if not openly declared by some, especially in B.C.

The fact that Canada immediately demanded that Americans must be fully vaccinated AND provide PCR negative test to enter Canada (approx. $200 according to Canadian estimates), while the U.S only demands one be fully vaccinated, tells you what you need to know.

Go read Canadians responses to the NY congressman who didn't like this PCR test, without question about 95% of the comments were from Canadians applauding this test. "We don't want your virus here", they said. Showing a clear confusion about their own Faith in the vaccine, and, in Canadas continued issue with the virus even at 86% double vaxxed in Ontario ("another 512 cases today, why, we're all vaccinated!")...

Last edited:
Yes, it would seem like a joke, wouldn't it?

In any joke there is always an element of truth. He probably speaks what he hears whispered, if not openly declared by some, especially in B.C.

The fact that Canada immediately demanded that Americans must be fully vaccinated AND provide PCR negative test to enter Canada (approx. $200 according to Canadian estimates), while the U.S only demands one be fully vaccinated, tells you what you need to know.

Go read Canadians responses to the NY senator who didn't like this PCR test, without question about 95% of the comments were from Canadians applauding this test. "We don't want your virus here", they said. Showing a clear confusion about their own Faith in the vaccine, and, in Canada continued issue with the virus even at 86% double vaxxed in Ontario ("another 512 cases today, why, we're all vaccinated!")...

"We don't want your virus here"

lol

"We don't want your virus here"

lol

With the Lord as my witness I swear that a comment of that type was the most liked, if not, top three most liked comment from the article that was on CBC. I should try to find it to confirm this.

The most liked comments were overwhelmingly all in strong support of the PCR requirement. Generally with a healthy dose of arrogance and self-righteousness from many who THINK they understand the science and even the logic behind certain strategies (from the country that didn't stop flights from China until long after the U.S banned them).

Meanwhile, the test is for 72 hours. So you could get a negative test on Friday, come to Canada for a week, attend sporting events, shop downtown, go to a club to party and then head home. Canada will assume that during all of that you surely didn't catch and spread the virus, "remember, he was negative last week!".

We are becoming far closer to East Germany than people understand. Stop trying to be like us and listen to some of us in the know. Find true allies and nations who want to be and are willing to fight for individual freedom.

Oh, please, Americans.

Do NOT ruin Finland.

I have no idea.
I say conservatives need to invade Greenland.

It has natural borders not allowing people in, global warming will make it have ideal temperatures in the future, and Denmark who owns it are all a bunch of pussies and can't make us leave.

It's good comedy fodder to complain about all the Americans threatening to move north but it's important
to remember threats are just that....threats without much if any action behind the threats.

And of course Canada itself makes it hard to relocate, unless one is Elon Musk bringing his billions of dollars
into Canada, and then why would Musk want to leave the US and it's vast lucrative markets for those of
Canada?

As a percent of a nations population, I would guarantee that more would want to move to the U.S than Americans wanting to leave.

Guarantee.
If you could see what the States will look like in 50 years' time, you might rescind that guarantee.

Simply politely saying, who does Ryan think he is? To come on an American talk show and say that? How many American roles has he played?

He has immigrated to America he lives in New York. I can't stand people like Ryan. Who come here and take work from American actors and lecture Americans. He plays the same role all the time. He should focus on not being a shitty actor! The man is no Bradley Cooper if you know what I mean!

Forum List

Back