Ruth Bader Ginsburg Dead

Also... there is a likelihood that Republicans can lose three votes and the vote results in a tie. In that case, Pence will be the 51st vote.

Four and its over. If you can convince Graham to change his mind, that means a new justice will be in place before the election.

This country is in limbo. In crisis. I am truly afraid for where it is headed.
You should be............because they are pushing the envelope..........You KNOW THIS.......you must pick a side..........

I know you don't stand with them.............You see where they rule and people leaving.......picking and choosing which laws they will OBEY......and DEMAND YOU OBEY..........you know this.........

You know they pushed the destruction now...........do they really care about lives.....tell me honestly .....have they pushed the violence........

You know the answer........they will deny it as always.......buy you KNOW THE TRUTH.

That does not mean I abandon my values in the process of acknowledging the truth or picking a side. I know what side I'm on, but I have always treasured my values. I will not abandon them to speak ill of the dead.
I haven't trashed her.......I have trashed the DNC for their actions and made my opinion crystal clear that we should ram a nomination down their throats.

You want to play nice now.............that's on you....I don't want to.....I KNOW they would do it to us.......and SO DO YOU.

Do what your conscience dictates. I won't stop you. All I can do is try to convince you, regardless of whether I succeed or fail.

However, in so doing, you must remember never to demand fairness from anything or anyone else when something unjust or unfair is done to you.
cycle of payback. sooner or later everyone feels "owed".

then what? you're not right just because you wanna be. that mindset is why we're at this stage.

I'm right. Not because I do or do not want to be, it is because that's the way things are. Decency and decorum demand respect.

To be honest, this overly negative reciprocal mindset is why we are where we're at. To react to hatred with hatred... it only makes the chasm wider.

What I have heard and what makes sense to me, is term limits. Right now, SCOTUS opportunities are so rare, they assume outsize political importance, Term limits would reduce that.
Term limits for all three branches. Pelosi is just as much a problem as McConnell.

I don’t know. Your generation, Templar, is going to be affected than mine. I am on my way out so to speak

I may also be unfortunate enough to be alive to see the death of this country too. She is dying. It makes me very afraid. If someone doesn't act soon to preserve this union, I will in my old age be telling little kids stories of what America once was before she fell to ruin.
Democrats have no concept of unification unless you submit to everything they want.

Also... there is a likelihood that Republicans can lose three votes and the vote results in a tie. In that case, Pence will be the 51st vote.

Four and its over. If you can convince Graham to change his mind, that means a new justice will be in place before the election.

You should be............because they are pushing the envelope..........You KNOW THIS.......you must pick a side..........

I know you don't stand with them.............You see where they rule and people leaving.......picking and choosing which laws they will OBEY......and DEMAND YOU OBEY..........you know this.........

You know they pushed the destruction now...........do they really care about lives.....tell me honestly .....have they pushed the violence........

You know the answer........they will deny it as always.......buy you KNOW THE TRUTH.

That does not mean I abandon my values in the process of acknowledging the truth or picking a side. I know what side I'm on, but I have always treasured my values. I will not abandon them to speak ill of the dead.
I haven't trashed her.......I have trashed the DNC for their actions and made my opinion crystal clear that we should ram a nomination down their throats.

You want to play nice now.............that's on you....I don't want to.....I KNOW they would do it to us.......and SO DO YOU.

Do what your conscience dictates. I won't stop you. All I can do is try to convince you, regardless of whether I succeed or fail.

However, in so doing, you must remember never to demand fairness from anything or anyone else when something unjust or unfair is done to you.

then what? you're not right just because you wanna be. that mindset is why we're at this stage.

I'm right. Not because I do or do not want to be, it is because that's the way things are. Decency and decorum demand respect.

To be honest, this overly negative reciprocal mindset is why we are where we're at. To react to hatred with hatred... it only makes the chasm wider.
then please show the examples of that from the lefts leadership.

i'll wait.

or, was it when ginsburg spoke out against trump and broke protocol?
pelosi ripped up the speech?
the entire russia ordeal?
fighting trump at every single turn and inventing impeachment proceedings?
kavanaugh?

if you "feel" those actions were justified, then you certainly fit my description of the left.

So what will it take to get a new justice named?

Step 1: The presidential pick

The first thing to know is that the Constitution of the United States gives the power of nomination to the president.

Article II, section 2 provides that the president “shall nominate, and by and with the advice and consent of the Senate, shall appoint … judges of the Supreme Court.”

Step 2: The Senate Judiciary Committee

Once the president has made a choice, the nomination is referred to the United States Senate. Since the early 19th century, this has meant that the nomination will first be considered by a smaller group within the Senate, the Senate Judiciary Committee.

The Judiciary Committee currently has 20 members – 11 Republicans and 9 Democrats – and has a three-step process of its own.

First, it conducts a prehearing investigation into the nominee’s background.

Second, it holds a public hearing, in which the nominee is questioned and may give testimony about everything from her judicial philosophy to her stand on abortion.

Finally, the committee will “report” its recommendation to the full Senate. The committee can report the nomination with a favorable recommendation, a negative recommendation or no recommendation.

If a majority of the committee opposes confirmation of the nominee, it can technically refuse to report the nomination, therefore preventing the full Senate from considering the nominee at all.

This hasn’t happened since 1881, and would deviate from the committee’s “traditional practice.” But that does not mean it is out of the question.

Step 3: The full Senate

Let’s assume that the committee does report the nomination to the full Senate.

There are 100 senators in the United States Senate – two for each state. Currently, the Senate is majority Republican, with 54 senators to the Democrats’ 44, with two independents for added flavor.

This is where it gets interesting, because the Senate follows rules so arcane and incomprehensible that otherwise reasonable writers freely refer to them as “insane.”

In order to consider the nomination, the Senate has to enter a special “executive session.” This is typically achieved by having the Senate majority leader ask for unanimous consent to have the Senate consider the nomination.

Step 4: The vote

But let’s assume that the nomination does emerge from the Judiciary Committee, makes it to an “up or down” vote and weathers any filibuster attempts.

A vote to confirm then requires a simple majority of the senators present and voting. If all goes well, the secretary of the Senate will transmit the confirmation vote to the president.

The president then can breathe a sigh of relief and sign a commission appointing the person to the Supreme Court.

But I wouldn’t count on it.

Takes two to tango dude. If it is this low, look in a mirror, this isn’t happening in a vacuum.
Said the person cheer leading when the democrats were pushing the laughable Russia hoax day and night.

Too bad Ginsburg wasn't holding hands with John Roberts when she finally gave in (two for one deal).
Those newspaper pieces showing the RBG workout and tales of how indestructible she was were
a farce low even for what passes for "journalism" these days.

In this time of divisiveness, we could all learn from RBG and Scalia’s friendship

T H I S ^^^

Those two knew how to put their political differences aside and also how to value their friendship more.

Why can't some of you do that?

Why?

Because they have been such assholes for so long.

That doesn't mean we should repay it in kind.

Yes it does actually.
They brought politics to the low level we see today. If we dont respond in kind we have no chance of winning in the future.
Takes two to tango dude. If it is this low, look in a mirror, this isn’t happening in a vacuum.
time to dance baby

You must be young

If 33 is young, then sure. But I have the wisdom and teachings of my 78 year old grandmother backing me. She of all people would know what it means to be decent and respectful. She was a rare type who thought racism was a bad thing... in the Jim Crow Era south.

They play by fire.........we haven't burned anything........we only respond in kind.........where does that end...............Do as I say or we'll burn the place down.

Honestly, it may come to a point where we have to fight fire with fire, but not now. We must not let this country be destroyed.

Said the person cheer leading when the democrats were pushing the laughable Russia hoax day and night.

Too bad Ginsburg wasn't holding hands with John Roberts when she finally gave in (two for one deal).
Those newspaper pieces showing the RBG workout and tales of how indestructible she was were
a farce low even for what passes for "journalism" these days.
democrats have no honor nor memory

Naive..........and your choice.........I choose to live in the real world..........they know what they are doing.........they know gaslighting is getting people killed.........THEY SWORE AN OATH.......to serve and protect the people........

You don't do that by ordering the police to stand down as people terrorize their citizens......PERIOD.......they are the problem .............NOT ME.......

When the JFK dems or blue dogs return let me know.......if you even know what I'm talking about.........these cats......there is NO NEGOTIATION ANYMORE..............NONE.

You must be young

If 33 is young, then sure. But I have the wisdom and teachings of my 78 year old grandmother backing me. She of all people would know what it means to be decent and respectful. She was a rare type who thought racism was a bad thing... in the Jim Crow Era south.

They play by fire.........we haven't burned anything........we only respond in kind.........where does that end...............Do as I say or we'll burn the place down.

Honestly, it may come to a point where we have to fight fire with fire, but not now. We must not let this country be destroyed.
I have a son older than 33 so yes 33 is young

RIP.

Well, that will crank up the Senate.

Conservatives will be dancing in the streets.

McConnewill show himself to be a hypocrite.
Are you going to try to tell us with a straight face that in exactly four years if the democrats held the white house and senate and Clarence Thomas dropped dead Your side wouldn’t ram the most liberal jurist it could find through the confirmation process?

CNN just reported that RBG told her granddaughter before she died that she did not want Trump picking her successor.

I guess that's just tough shit, because Donald J Trump is President, and will be making an appointment.

Since Sleepy Joe doesn't like the Biden Rule that McConnell honored last time, we can expect the appointment for replacement immediately.

Remember Merrick Garland? The American people should make that decision in the upcoming election - which is only 45 days away. Remember Mitch McConnell's words for not allowing a Senate vote on Merrick Garland?

I do remember the big fuss about Merrick Garland, and I'm sure that Sen. McConnell does as well.

He took a lot of heat, a lot of senators felt that the sitting President should have been allowed to have a justice confirmed in his last year.

He isn't going to take that kind of heat again, especially as the author of the Biden Doctrine is now leader of the Dem Party.
You mean the McConnell doctrine. He set a precedent.

He deserved to take heat. But he is a hypocrite. What he does now has nothing to do with taking heat.
Just wait til after the election to appoint someone

I predict confirmation hearings by mid December

You must be young

55.......been in the gulf twice........somalia..........legal ops South America anti drug ops.......Team spirit.....plane guard of vlad USSR.....yes.......USSR......

What they are doing now.......is sickening..........I'm not the problem...........they have pushed this violence and abuse of power to extremes...........Sorry........I DON'T NEGOTIATE WITH TERRORIST.

Naive..........and your choice.........I choose to live in the real world..........they know what they are doing.........they know gaslighting is getting people killed.........THEY SWORE AN OATH.......to serve and protect the people........

You don't do that by ordering the police to stand down as people terrorize their citizens......PERIOD.......they are the problem .............NOT ME.......

When the JFK dems or blue dogs return let me know.......if you even know what I'm talking about.........these cats......there is NO NEGOTIATION ANYMORE..............NONE.

that's the only way America will ever unify again democrats wake up and rid themselves of the evil leftists that have taken control of their party.

Forum List

Back