Ruth Bader Ginsburg Dead

Also... there is a likelihood that Republicans can lose three votes and the vote results in a tie. In that case, Pence will be the 51st vote.

Four and its over. If you can convince Graham to change his mind, that means a new justice will be in place before the election.

This country is in limbo. In crisis. I am truly afraid for where it is headed.
this is like an event that will put covid in the rear view window. if they lose another scotus seat, it's a death blow for a long long time for the left. trump has already re-seeded california.

this will go through. the left will cry foul.

and no one will give a shit.

and they'll cry even more about that.

and even less shits will be given.

nasty waters ahead. i'll be hitting the gun range this weekend and just emptying a few mags.

just make sure everything is good.

Also... there is a likelihood that Republicans can lose three votes and the vote results in a tie. In that case, Pence will be the 51st vote.

Four and its over. If you can convince Graham to change his mind, that means a new justice will be in place before the election.

You should be............because they are pushing the envelope..........You KNOW THIS.......you must pick a side..........

I know you don't stand with them.............You see where they rule and people leaving.......picking and choosing which laws they will OBEY......and DEMAND YOU OBEY..........you know this.........

You know they pushed the destruction now...........do they really care about lives.....tell me honestly .....have they pushed the violence........

You know the answer........they will deny it as always.......buy you KNOW THE TRUTH.

That does not mean I abandon my values in the process of acknowledging the truth or picking a side. I know what side I'm on, but I have always treasured my values. I will not abandon them to speak ill of the dead.

thats understandable.

You should be............because they are pushing the envelope..........You KNOW THIS.......you must pick a side..........

I know you don't stand with them.............You see where they rule and people leaving.......picking and choosing which laws they will OBEY......and DEMAND YOU OBEY..........you know this.........

You know they pushed the destruction now...........do they really care about lives.....tell me honestly .....have they pushed the violence........

You know the answer........they will deny it as always.......buy you KNOW THE TRUTH.

That does not mean I abandon my values in the process of acknowledging the truth or picking a side. I know what side I'm on, but I have always treasured my values. I will not abandon them to speak ill of the dead.
I haven't trashed her.......I have trashed the DNC for their actions and made my opinion crystal clear that we should ram a nomination down their throats.

You want to play nice now.............that's on you....I don't want to.....I KNOW they would do it to us.......and SO DO YOU.

When the hell have the DNC played Fair in recent history.............they set up the rules of engagement and now cry when KARMA comes a calling.

Karma works both ways...
And here is the problem.

PRECEDENTS GET SET.

and then what?

Both sides do it, but it has become far more extreme in recent years with an utter trashing of norms and standards.

Precisely what I meant. If one side takes the initiative of breaking that precedent, a new precedent would take its place. But our politicians lack any personal or moral integrity.

When the hell have the DNC played Fair in recent history.............they set up the rules of engagement and now cry when KARMA comes a calling.

Karma works both ways...
And here is the problem.

PRECEDENTS GET SET.

and then what?

Both sides do it, but it has become far more extreme in recent years with an utter trashing of norms and standards.

Precisely what I meant. If one side takes the initiative of breaking that precedent, a new precedent would take its place. But our politicians lack any personal or moral integrity.
What used to be considered standards of behavior, codes of conduct...unwritten codes we all followed by consensus, are broken. When that happens...we are forced to create laws to cover them...I.e. the PC culture. Political precedents are being created at a rapid pace...in just the last 4 years, upending norms. If the Democrats follow suit (and looking at the outspoken new generation such as AOC, I see that as possible)...what then?

I am conservative in certain small things...like respecting established political norms.

I don’t know. Your generation, Templar, is going to be affected than mine. I am on my way out so to speak.
they were broken under obama. just because you're ok with the break doesn't mean they were not broken.

you keep crying about payback coming. well it is, but here it is for all the left has done lately. doesn't matter what anyone thinks about it. time for talking this through is over.

y'all started the fire. now get ready for...payback.

I don’t know. Your generation, Templar, is going to be affected than mine. I am on my way out so to speak

I may also be unfortunate enough to be alive to see the death of this country too. She is dying. It makes me very afraid. If someone doesn't act soon to preserve this union, I will in my old age be telling little kids stories of what America once was before she fell to ruin.

In this time of divisiveness, we could all learn from RBG and Scalia’s friendship

T H I S ^^^

Those two knew how to put their political differences aside and also how to value their friendship more.

Why can't some of you do that?

Why?

Because they have been such assholes for so long.

That doesn't mean we should repay it in kind.
no we should do it 20 fold

I will not take part in this savagery.
Neither will I ........I'm not an elected official............sorry....replacing a SCOTUS is not savage.

I didn't say anything about not replacing her. This country needs to move on. We cannot put our justice system in stasis to sate the sensibilities of overly sensitive people.

I am more taken aback by the savage behavior being displayed here on this thread.
You want to play fair while the democrats are burning the country down? Really?

Actually, nobody wants to play fair.

I know what it means to lose... and regain one's honor. Losing it a second time is far worse than the first.

I am sorry, but I have my limits, reb.
DEMOCRATS HAVE NO HONOR THE LAST 3 AND A HALF YEARS SHOULD HAVE SHOWN YOU THAT

In this time of divisiveness, we could all learn from RBG and Scalia’s friendship

T H I S ^^^

Those two knew how to put their political differences aside and also how to value their friendship more.

Why?

Yes it does actually.
They brought politics to the low level we see today. If we dont respond in kind we have no chance of winning in the future.

T H I S ^^^

Why?

Yes it does actually.
They brought politics to the low level we see today. If we dont respond in kind we have no chance of winning in the future.
Takes two to tango dude. If it is this low, look in a mirror, this isn’t happening in a vacuum.

I don’t know. Your generation, Templar, is going to be affected than mine. I am on my way out so to speak

I may also be unfortunate enough to be alive to see the death of this country too. She is dying. It makes me very afraid. If someone doesn't act soon to preserve this union, I will in my old age be telling little kids stories of what America once was before she fell to ruin.
was the ruin you speak of likely in a democratic city they set on fire in protest?

that the union you wish to preserve?

gonna pass on that one.

I haven't trashed her.......I have trashed the DNC for their actions and made my opinion crystal clear that we should ram a nomination down their throats.

You want to play nice now.............that's on you....I don't want to.....I KNOW they would do it to us.......and SO DO YOU.

Do what your conscience dictates. I won't stop you. All I can do is try to convince you, regardless of whether I succeed or fail.

However, in so doing, you must remember never to demand fairness from anything or anyone else when something unjust or unfair happens to you.

Murkowski, Collins, Graham and Romney are more than likely not going to vote for the nominee. That's it. That's all. Stew in your anger, it isn't happening before the election.

All Trump has left before him now is to make a recess appointment. And that is doubtful.
You don’t think Graham would?

Do what your conscience dictates. I won't stop you. All I can do is try to convince you, regardless of whether I succeed or fail.

However, in so doing, you must remember never to demand fairness from anything or anyone else when something unjust or unfair is done to you.
cycle of payback. sooner or later everyone feels "owed".

then what? you're not right just because you wanna be. that mindset is why we're at this stage.

We should not celebrate her death. Treat the woman with respect damn it.

As far as many are concerned....she didn't treat the Constitution or our rights with respect...

Hence the celebration
I hope our fellow republicans don't show their rear like the dems when Scalia passed.
They are no different.
and if the democrats right now had the chance to get a SCOTUS in quickly - would they?

or would they wait til after the election?

be honest.

Murkowski, Collins, Graham and Romney are more than likely not going to vote for the nominee. That's it. That's all. Stew in your anger, it isn't happening before the election.

All Trump has left before him now is to make a recess appointment. And that is doubtful.
You don’t think Graham would?

I see him as the swing vote, really. I am also seeing him as the one most likely to be convinced to vote in favor of the nominee.

However, in so doing, you must remember never to demand fairness from anything or anyone else when something unjust or unfair is done to you.
You must be young ...........They play by fire.........we haven't burned anything........we only respond in kind.........where does that end...............Do as I say or we'll burn the place down.

You have the problem and not me............I see it for what it is........That is by definition terror......violence to intimidate and create fear for a political agenda............

I served against it overseas.............COLD DAY IN HELL I BEND A KNEE TO IT HERE.

You must be young ...........They play by fire.........we haven't burned anything........we only respond in kind.........where does that end...............Do as I say or we'll burn the place down.

You have the problem and not me............I see it for what it is........That is by definition terror......violence to intimidate and create fear for a political agenda............

I served against it overseas.............COLD DAY IN HELL I BEND A KNEE TO IT HERE.
when you see no accountability for the things you've done...
the things you've done cease to become wrong.

this is where telling them to stop becomes the new wrong and where they must offer their payback.

Forum List

Back