Russo Japanese War

SandyGirl

Rookie
Dec 24, 2013
I have a few questions about the Russo Japanese war

1. Why in the fuck would the British sell a bunch of 3,000 year BC bonsai samurai dickheads the best warship in the world that nothing at the time could beat ?

BONSAI, WE SANK A COMMERCIAL CARGO VESSEL AND STOLE ITS OIL !! YIPPEEE BONSAI !!!!

NOW WE HAVE A OIL MARKET FOR FREE !! BONSAI !!

lmfao !

2. What fuckin' dickhead got the well... BRIGHT LOL idea to paint the Russian ship's smokestacks gaudy yellow, AND shine a light right at the Japanese battleships when they're trying to hide in the fog ?

3. Thousands of shells the Russians fired at a fishing boat being used as a target, being towed by a Russian destroyer,
not a single round hit the fishing boat, but they did sink their own destroyer with ONLY ONE HIT !

lmfao !

Why the fuck did the Russian even dare enter a sea battle with that STUPID performance ?

That whole war AND its results were born of RETARDS !

BONSAI !!!

lmfao !

1. Why in the fuck would the British sell a bunch of 3,000 year BC bonsai samurai dickheads the best warship in the world that nothing at the time could beat ?

BONSAI, WE SANK A COMMERCIAL CARGO VESSEL AND STOLE ITS OIL !! YIPPEEE BONSAI !!!!

lmfao !

2. What fuckin' dickhead got the well... BRIGHT LOL idea to paint the Russian ship's smokestacks gaudy yellow, AND shine a light right at the Japanese battleships when they're trying to hide in the fog ?

3. Thousands of shells the Russians fired at a fishing boat being used as a target, being towed by a Russian destroyer,
not a single round hit the fishing boat, but they did sink their own destroyer with ONLY ONE HIT !

lmfao !

Why the fuck did the Russian even dare enter a sea battle with that STUPID performance ?

BONSAI !!!

lmfao !

Why are you so hateful and bigoted? Your parents teach you that?

• Banned

lmfao !

lmfao !

BONSAI !!!

lmfao !

Why are you so hateful and bigoted? Your parents teach you that?

Hey, its nobodys problem that the Russians made themselves perfect targets, that's their problem.
lol

Did your parents teach you that could win a war by wearing yellow ?
lol

If you can restrain your enthusiasm for racial and ethnic slurs, I can answer some of your questions.

Like most navies in the world circa 1860--1920, Japan began by ordering warships from established naval powers of which Britain was the most notable. If the designs were acceptable, the next generation of warships was usually built in local shipyards from British plans. Full design was the last step.

The Russo-Japanese War of 1905 occurred exactly when the Dreadnought was built. Britain knew in 1903 what effect this project would have on the world, making all existing warships dangerously obsolete. They were happy to sell anyone even the best of current designs (4 gun broadsides vs Dreadnought's 8 guns). That export market is what allowed the Royal Navy to build the new class of battleships.

No one has ever held up the Czarist navy as a model of good naval administration. A lot has to do with the fact the Russian Navy was designed primarily for the Baltic, Black Sea, and Mediterranean rather than as an ocean-going force. It showed on the trip from Kronstadt and Sevastopol to the Sea of Japan.

I haven't heard of this one, but it doesn't surprise me. In the 30s the U S Navy lengthened the towropes on target gliders because cadet pilots were shooting down the tow planes. I have a great-uncle who was one of the shot down pilots (he was a Marine pilot) and the cause of inter-service cooperation took a bit of a blow.

Everything in war and life is obvious after the fact. [/quote]

I seem to recall a number of wars initiated by the United States for which the justification was rather thin. Why did we declare war unilaterally on the British in 1812 again? And how did that turn out?

Why did we declare war unilaterally on the British in 1812 again? And how did that turn out?

Because they were interfering with our trade, stopping US ships on the open seas and illegally impressing US citizens into the British Navy against their will? Those were just a couple of the reasons. It turned out better than anyone could have expected, and ended with us kicking the British's asses in the Battle of New Orleans.

Of course, the British burned DC. And the Canadians (okay, technically still British) beat back a much larger American force that invaded Canada. American history tends to leave out that "got our asses kicked by Canada" part.

Thus, all sides could claim victory. Which made selling peace to the people much easier.

The Anglo-Japanese Alliance primarily served Britain's national interests because Imperial Japan contained the expansion of the Russian Empire into Asia and the British Empire supported Japan during the Russo-Japanese War to check Russia's southward move. The British also supported Japanese progress into Korea in exchange for Japanese support of British interests in India and Korea became a Japanese protectorate in 1906 in this broad geopolitical context. Korea was under Russian influence at the time and it could have become a Russian colony without the Russo-Japanese War, after which Russia recognised Korea as part of the Japanese sphere of influence and ceded the southern half of Sakhalin Island to Japan.

Roosevelt really screwed Korea in negotiating the 'peace' agreement in Portsmouth. Even got a Nobel Prize for it.

Why did we declare war unilaterally on the British in 1812 again? And how did that turn out?

Because they were interfering with our trade, stopping US ships on the open seas and illegally impressing US citizens into the British Navy against their will? Those were just a couple of the reasons. It turned out better than anyone could have expected, and ended with us kicking the British's asses in the Battle of New Orleans.

After the Sack of Washington & Tarrytown Races and the signing of the Treaty of Paris, the Battle of New Orleans main effect was on Andy Jackson's political career and 50s pop music.

Of course, the British burned DC. And the Canadians (okay, technically still British) beat back a much larger American force that invaded Canada. American history tends to leave out that "got our asses kicked by Canada" part.

Thus, all sides could claim victory. Which made selling peace to the people much easier.

You left out how this made Tecumseh a Canadian national hero.

After the Sack of Washington & Tarrytown Races and the signing of the Treaty of Paris, the Battle of New Orleans main effect was on Andy Jackson's political career and 50s pop music.

It had a wider effect than that, as did the naval battles where the nascent American Navy acquitted itself unexpectedly well against the vaunted British fleet.

It had a wider effect than that, as did the naval battles where the nascent American Navy acquitted itself unexpectedly well against the vaunted British fleet.

Since the Treaty was signed before the Battle of New Orleans, I think I am correct on the main effects of the Battle. You of course are correct as to the effect of American frigate design on naval architecture, as was shown in the film "Master & Commander".

Since the Treaty was signed before the Battle of New Orleans, I think I am correct on the main effects of the Battle.

The effects to which I refer were beyond the scope of the war itself.

Three of my relations fought and died in the Russian Army in 1904/5 in the war against Japan ! The war was a disaster for Russia ! The British trained and supplied the Jap Navy all political !

Forum List

Back