Russia's Aircraft Carrier Killer

bitterlyclingin

Silver Member
Aug 4, 2011
(Now just whom might this ship be aimed for? The Chicomms?)

"The Varyag guided missile cruiser knows no fear – not even the old one about having women aboard. RT’s female reporter admires the might of the Pacific flagship, samples sea bread, looks into the hearts of its crew, and meets the ship’s cats.

His wide green eyes were studying me. I was studying him, too. It just seemed too strange. A red cat with a sly face – it really was sly – was lying by the ship’s gun. It then stretched itself, yawned as if we were no longer of any interest, and slowly walked away.

“Madame, look sharp! It’s a warship, please do get inside,” a loud voice from behind brought me back to reality. I was standing aboard the Varyag missile cruiser, the flagship of the Pacific Fleet, which has been aptly dubbed the ‘aircraft carrier killer.’"

‘Aircraft carrier killer’: RT goes aboard flagship Varyag — RT

It only fires 8 missiles? ... It reloads and launches again ... Quickly ... Right?

The cabin’s residents were having an all-night party. But I didn’t feel confident enough to disobey the curfew and risk incurring the captain’s wrath. I’ll try the crabs next time.

The cabin’s residents were having an all-night party. But I didn’t feel confident enough to disobey the curfew and risk incurring the captain’s wrath. I’ll try the crabs next time.

I understand that on some Russian ships, crabs is a major issue :)

It does look very clean, which is a dramatic improvement over the Russian ships I have seen at sea. Of course it's new, they will have to keep up the corrosion control program after the cameras leave.

Does the reporter know enough about US warship capability to ask what the survival rate to target is on those eight missiles when one or possible two Arleigh Burke destroyers are protecting said carrier? Like I said ... It reloads quickly doesn't it? Maybe VLS or something?

Ok, I looked the ship up ... It's a Slava class missile cruiser ... No reloads. One Burke destroyer has it for lunch any day of the week and twise on Sunday

Last edited:

Forum List

Back