Russian Spies in Shannon

Tadhg

Rookie
Nov 30, 2019
As you know Ireland is probably the most pro American country in the world, with mother like support of US policy regardless of world opinion. Lately the number of Russian spies in Shannon airport & Limerick, well know as a supportive base for the US, has increased along with there genius ways of sapping information & gaining advantage over the US. For the past years they drank in hotels & bars frequented by US personnel. These guys have now positioned themselves as taxi & limo operators for Shannon airport, meaning every American travelling will be interigated in a 'mild fashion'. This is really trawling for information casting a wide net. You check the odd statistics regarding the number of Russian men & women now offering services in Shannon but check Galway or Killarney & find almost none? The bait is always low fares which we all like but believe me, the cost is enormous.
I would ask you to call your taxi or limo or whatever car service to check are you travelling with a Russian interrogator or a local Irish guy who is more interested in telling you Blarney than asking about your travel intentions & times?
This is a warning which I hope you can pass on to friends & family travelling to Europe & Shannon in particular, the USA is worth more than 30 pieces of silver.

Would like to advise travellers from the USA particularly to avoid eastern European (AKA Russian) taxi services, limo services which have grown disproportionately in Shannon airport. These are trawling spies hoping to piece together US military movements from information gleaned from unsuspecting Americans travelling in Europe. Best practice is to just use local people, you will be supporting your troops by avoiding these guys. Tiny snippets of information can be crucial to them. Please let others know if you can.
Thank you
Happy Christmas

As you know Ireland is probably the most pro American country in the world, with mother like support of US policy regardless of world opinion. Lately the number of Russian spies in Shannon airport & Limerick, well know as a supportive base for the US, has increased along with there genius ways of sapping information & gaining advantage over the US. For the past years they drank in hotels & bars frequented by US personnel. These guys have now positioned themselves as taxi & limo operators for Shannon airport, meaning every American travelling will be interigated in a 'mild fashion'. This is really trawling for information casting a wide net. You check the odd statistics regarding the number of Russian men & women now offering services in Shannon but check Galway or Killarney & find almost none? The bait is always low fares which we all like but believe me, the cost is enormous.
I would ask you to call your taxi or limo or whatever car service to check are you travelling with a Russian interrogator or a local Irish guy who is more interested in telling you Blarney than asking about your travel intentions & times?
This is a warning which I hope you can pass on to friends & family travelling to Europe & Shannon in particular, the USA is worth more than 30 pieces of silver.

Link to -------- anything?

Would like to advise travellers from the USA particularly to avoid eastern European (AKA Russian) taxi services, limo services which have grown disproportionately in Shannon airport. These are trawling spies hoping to piece together US military movements from information gleaned from unsuspecting Americans travelling in Europe. Best practice is to just use local people, you will be supporting your troops by avoiding these guys. Tiny snippets of information can be crucial to them. Please let others know if you can.
Thank you
Happy Christmas
My family has done the DNA thing, and I'm 79% Irish. If I ever traveled towards Europe, I'd want to go to Ireland. I have ancestors there that I'd love to look up. I'd also like to see where the Titanic was built.

Thank you for the post, but as with anything, do you have any proof of what you say?

Thank you
Happy Christmas
My family has done the DNA thing, and I'm 79% Irish. If I ever traveled towards Europe, I'd want to go to Ireland. I have ancestors there that I'd love to look up. I'd also like to see where the Titanic was built.

Thank you for the post, but as with anything, do you have any proof of what you say?

Thank you. Well it may seem circumstantial but my proof is the sudden abundance of these inquisitive Russian drivers descending on this airport. It follows the expulsion of 2 Russians from a hotel that military people stayed in locally. Since then there is a sudden move on the transfer business. Oddly if you look at other locations they don't advertise but these very cheap taxis are suddenly advertising in a big way when no local guy would? I'm just an observer & I wouldn't be posting here if I had tons of proof to bring to the police, but I think its plenty to give a heads up to unsuspecting travellers who might not guess such a thing is possible? I might add there is a russian consulate 20 minutes away

Why would the Russian government place spies in Ireland? There is nothing there that would be of interest to them.

Why would the Russian government place spies in Ireland? There is nothing there that would be of interest to them.
That's not correct, it's a refueling point for the military for years.

Are the local taxi drivers not kicking off about this ?
That's the point, there isn't much there it's not a busy airport. Limerick city is much busier but they don't really operate there?
Who would drive a taxi in Stab City ?
Shannon airport is in Clare
Limerick is stab city.

Sorry, i lost track looking at your Hitler moustache

That's the point, there isn't much there it's not a busy airport. Limerick city is much busier but they don't really operate there?
Limerick is stab city.

You arent even Irish. Who are you?

Limerick is stab city.

You arent even Irish. Who are you?
Give me your email & I'll send you a copy of my passport

Limerick is stab city.

Not sure what you're saying here, but when I was in Limerick city there was a story in the paper about a murder, lamenting that this was already (in August) the 34th murder of the year. That was for the entire Republic of Ireland.

Forum List

Back