Russian Confirms: ‘There Were Contacts’ During Trump Election Campaign

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
“There were contacts,” Interfax news agency cited Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Sergei Ryabkov as saying.

MOSCOW, Nov 10 (Reuters) - The Russian government was in touch with members of President-elect Donald Trump’s political team during the U.S. election campaign and knows most of his entourage, one of Russia’s most senior diplomats told the Interfax news agency on Thursday.

Accused by defeated Democratic contender Hillary Clinton of being a puppet of President Vladimir Putin after praising the Russian leader, Trump has dismissed suggestions he had anything to do with the Russian government during the campaign.

But in comments that could prove politically awkward for the president-elect, Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Sergei Ryabkov said there had indeed been some communications.

“There were contacts,” Interfax cited Ryabkov as saying. “We are doing this and have been doing this during the election campaign.”

Such contacts would continue, he added, saying the Russian government knew and had been in touch with many of Trump’s closest allies. He did not name names.

“Obviously, we know most of the people from his (Trump’s) entourage. Those people have always been in the limelight in the United States and have occupied high-ranking positions,” he said.

“I cannot say that all of them, but quite a few have been staying in touch with Russian representatives.”

Moscow was just beginning to consider how to go about setting up more formal channels to communicate with the future Trump administration, said Ryabkov.

A spokeswoman for Trump did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

When will this be seriously investigated by the Republican House and the FBI?

This shit is fucking scandalous.

I knew he was being fed resources and directives by the Russian government, but I never thought there would be proof. Hopefully it turns out to be true so they can stop them from becoming ruler in chief.

978348f21a36e401a6b777c2edbc76bb.jpg

Mate, again, this is an actual scandal. I called you tools out for not giving a fuck in the past, and you are just proving my point.

I knew he was being fed resources and directives by the Russian government, but I never thought there would be proof. Hopefully it turns out to be true so they can stop them from becoming ruler in chief.

Rachel Maddow just did about 20 minutes or more on this a few minutes ago. This is serious.

“There were contacts,” Interfax news agency cited Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Sergei Ryabkov as saying.

MOSCOW, Nov 10 (Reuters) - The Russian government was in touch with members of President-elect Donald Trump’s political team during the U.S. election campaign and knows most of his entourage, one of Russia’s most senior diplomats told the Interfax news agency on Thursday.

Accused by defeated Democratic contender Hillary Clinton of being a puppet of President Vladimir Putin after praising the Russian leader, Trump has dismissed suggestions he had anything to do with the Russian government during the campaign.

But in comments that could prove politically awkward for the president-elect, Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Sergei Ryabkov said there had indeed been some communications.

“There were contacts,” Interfax cited Ryabkov as saying. “We are doing this and have been doing this during the election campaign.”

Such contacts would continue, he added, saying the Russian government knew and had been in touch with many of Trump’s closest allies. He did not name names.

“Obviously, we know most of the people from his (Trump’s) entourage. Those people have always been in the limelight in the United States and have occupied high-ranking positions,” he said.

“I cannot say that all of them, but quite a few have been staying in touch with Russian representatives.”

Moscow was just beginning to consider how to go about setting up more formal channels to communicate with the future Trump administration, said Ryabkov.

A spokeswoman for Trump did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

When will this be seriously investigated by the Republican House and the FBI?

It gets worse:

Trump's foreign policy approach almost same as that of Putin: Kremlin

The Kremlin said on Thursday U.S. President-elect Donald Trump's foreign policy approach was "phenomenally close" to that of President Vladimir Putin, giving Russia hope that tattered U.S.-Russia relations could gradually be improved.

Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov, speaking in New York, said he saw incredible similarities between the two men's foreign policy ideas, and this meant there was a solid basis to start a meaningful dialogue between Moscow and Washington.

Peskov, in the United States for a chess tournament, said he was struck by how similar parts of Trump's victory speech were to a speech Putin gave in southern Russia last month.

Trump's foreign policy approach almost same as that of Putin: Kremlin

• Thanks
Reactions: xyz

Rachel Maddow just did about 20 minutes or more on this a few minutes ago. This is serious.
---------------- :lol:

Is this another liberal 'fearful' thread? They are all over the news tonight telling us how fearful they are, poor things. But Trump has BIG trouble ahead, Elizabeth Warren told Rachel Maddow that she's going to organize...holy shit man is Trump ready for that? I mean, I'm feeling fearful. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Is this another liberal 'fearful' thread?

No, this is a 'senior Russian diplomat confirming that the Trump campaign was in league with several officials within the Russian Federation and Trumps campaign denies it' thread.

You tools would be eating this shit up if it were Clinton this was being reported on.

THE RUSSIANS... THE RUSSIANS... THE RUSSIANS.... LMFAO...

The Russians just told the American people that some of their government officials were influencing the Trump campaign.

Is this another liberal 'fearful' thread?

No, this is a 'senior Russian diplomat confirming that the Trump campaign was in league with several officials within the Russian Federation and Trumps campaign denies it' thread.

You tools would be eating this shit up if it were Clinton this was being reported on.

So a leftwit fearful thread, got it.

Russia hacked the DNC emails - and 17 U.S. national security agencies have verified that. Now, Russia openly admits to having numerous contacts with numerous Trump officials during the campaign. That is serious and should be seriously investigated.

So a leftwit fearful thread, got it.

So you are not wavered at all by the fact that a Russian insider is confirming communication with the Trump campaign, despite his spokesman denying it?

Now you are just fear mongering. Fearful, fear, afraid, we get it the liberal talking point of the day. Tomorrow you idiots will be fearful that Trump is going to have French toast for breakfast. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

This is serious stuff...

It was just reported by the NY Times 30 minutes ago.

Thomson Rueters and CNBC also reported on it.

Now you are just fear mongering. Fearful, fear, afraid, we get it the liberal talking point of the day. Tomorrow you idiots will be fearful that Trump is going to have French toast for breakfast. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

The irony...

hillary_monster.jpg

There's no such thing as an illegal immigrant dummy. If you are in my country illegally you are a criminal and Trump is going to deport your ass. Try getting over the Trump wall to sneak back in, its not happening.

Forum List

Back