Russia Sucks at War

Oh, right, It was a gesture of goodwill.

Is that why they left all that equipment there?

And yet they have lost their Flagship, a large Amphibious Landing Ship and another one out of commission. One newer missile corvette out of commission, and several smaller vessels sunk or out of commission. And they cannot venture within 100km of the Ukrainian coast, and a Russian flagged gas platform near Snake Island has been burning for ten days...

They have the ability to control only where if it's uncontested...

But my comments were not about that- they were addressing the idea that Snake Island had no strategic value. To the Russians, that was obviously not the case. Just the air defenses alone were of strategic value because they could threaten Ukrainian air operations in the area.

Moskva was providing the air defenses for that area and the fleet, they tried to use the Island to replace that loss. They failed.
So Hohols are winning again? Hm, they are just amazing.

Don't be obtuse. ... :cuckoo:
I clearly said unbiased objective news from credible sources.
Okay, and what can you say being based on your unbiased credible sources? What result of the 'special military operation' will be as of late September, say?

You need to stop believing the nonsense the Ukrainian propaganda spin masters feed the gullible public and access some unbiased objective news sources in order to find out what's really happening in the Ukraine conflict. ... :cool:
Oh stop it. I do not listen to propaganda. I'm talking about visually confirmed losses. I can go back to Feb 25 and post all the pro-Russian gloating about Snake Island if you like- it was a major strategic position for Russia back in February as per the Russian milbloggers.

The same ones who say now it's just a useless rock....

It was the Russian MOD who called the withdrawal a "Goodwill gesture", not my words...

Fact is, this must be the most transparent war ever fought. Cell phone videos, drone footage, commercial satellite imaging, updates from people on the ground- every single day. All streamed to the Internet in real time, and analyzed by professionals (and yes, there is a lot false interpretation and phonies, which are easy to spot and ignore).

Videos of Ukrainian or Russian strikes that are posted get geolocated and compared to satellite imagery within 24 hours. Real and fake are quickly identified. Virtually all of the fakes come from the Russian side. Recently there was a claim of M777's getting destroyed, but the video was really a 2S4 that was hit a couple months prior. They've re-used wreckage from a TB2 at least twice, claiming a new shoot down each time. They've claimed weapons captured in Syria were purchased on the black market from Ukraine, and misidentified them as Javelins. This is all documented in contemporaneous reporting.

The actual level of uncertainty is almost zero. The territories under control by each side are in flux, but it is a tiny amount of flux- a little village changes hands a couple times, or "Have the Russians entered Lysychansk, or are they just on the outskirts?". That is minimal uncertainty compared to any other war we've ever witnessed.

We knew about the evacuation of Snake Island within about 3 hours? We'd been watching the nightly strikes for over a week, at least some of us were...

The movements of materiel coming out of storage in Belarus and Russia are posted daily, with videos of the trains and convoys. There really are no secrets in this war.

I watch daily updates from one Ukrainian mapper, the one from ISW, and one pro-Russia mapper in Belarus. They almost always matchup virtually exactly as far as the lines of control- the only variation is in their analysis of the importance of one particular piece of dirt or another. Of the three, ISW is the most cautious in their analysis.

Last edited:
So Hohols are winning again? Hm, they are just amazing.
Is a Hohol a Ukrainian? I'm not up on all the Russian slurs.

They drove an invader from one of their islands- an invader who was inhibiting Ukrainian freedom of movement in Ukrainian airspace and navigation in Ukrainian waters.

So to answer your question- yes, as it apples to Snake Island, the "Hohols" won.

Is a Hohol a Ukrainian? I'm not up on all the Russian slurs.

They drove an invader from one of their islands- an invader who was inhibiting Ukrainian freedom of movement in Ukrainian airspace and navigation in Ukrainian waters.

So to answer your question- yes, as it apples to Snake Island, the "Hohols" won.
As I've said, those people are masters of the universe.
P.S. Not just Ukrainians, Ukrs rather. Who dug up the Black Sea. Did you hear about that? Mighty people, I'm telling you. They must have left the Snake Island there undug as a future trap for the evil Russians.

Russia Sucks at War​

They sure do, in fact, in June they had to rely on troops from the LPR to take Uke territory larger than the three Baltic states. Sadly inept.

Russia Sucks at War​

They sure do, in fact, in June they had to rely on troops from the LPR to take Uke territory larger than the three Baltic states. Sadly inept.
I guess the Baltic States are smaller than I thought...

june1.pngjune30.png

No one needs these maps. Pro-Putin loons will never admit that Ukraine since March has retaken far more territory than Russia has captured since then.
Incorrect Poindexter. ... :cuckoo:
Russia army now totally controls the entire eastern border of Ukraine consisting of the two oblast areas of Donetsk and Luhansk known collectively as the Donbas region.
Plus the southern border on the Black Sea from Crimea to almost Odessa.

Incorrect Poindexter. ... :cuckoo:
Russia army now totally controls the entire eastern border of Ukraine consisting of the two oblast areas of Donetsk and Luhansk known collectively as the Donbas region.
Plus the southern border on the Black Sea from Crimea to almost Odessa.
Almost three months ago, it controlled all border from the Sea of Azov through Zhytomyr oblast (do you even know where this region is located, Sherlock?).

'Almost Odesa' is somewhat 250 kilometres, if count the shortest route through Mykolaiv. Btw, your buddies had to withdraw from Mykolaiv outskirts to the vicinity of Kherson.

No one needs these maps. Pro-Putin loons will never admit that Ukraine since March has retaken far more territory than Russia has captured since then.
The battle of the Donbas has been going for 77 days. The Battle of the Bulge lasted 40 days. Pretty remarkable.

The campaign against the Russian artillery logistics has to be paying off. 19 ammunition storage sites destroyed in 14 days. The one in Popasna was huge- that was a corp-level depot. The Russians have no choice but to disperse their ammunition into smaller dumps and more locations. That strains their logistics even further, especially when their artillery is so concentrated.

Today is the 100th day of Russia's humanitarian special military operation into Ukraine and now controls approximately 20% of the country. ... :thup:
You are really slow, aren't you? Today is 130th day of the war.

Oops.....I made a typo.
But that doesn't change the fact the valiant Russian Army under the awesome leadership of Putin now controls 20% of Ukraine and is steadily advancing every day. ... :thup:
Yes, that doesn't change the fact that out of 11 oblasts that were partially occupied by Russia 5 are liberated completely from Russian troops.

Forum List

Back