Russia Re-establishes Ties with Cold War Ally Cuba.

Donald H

Platinum Member
Nov 26, 2020

Most reports are saying that the Russian economy is booming and so Russia may have regained the ability to play in America's backyard, along with China.

Is this going to be seen as another escalation of the war between Russia and America? Does Russia intend to park nuclear armed warships in Havana?

Russia had an opportunity to establish economic ties with the west.

Instead, they end up with economic ties with Iran, N Korea and Cuba

Russia had an opportunity to establish economic ties with the west.

Instead, they end up with economic ties with Iran, N Korea and Cuba
And China and India and a whole bunch of other countries who are joining Brics.

But the point of this happening should be watched with caution. The last time America decided to keep Russian missiles out of Cuba there was a compromise offered by Kruschev and both sides went home reasonably happy.

This shows signs of an escalation by Russia and I doubt that America is going to be willing to make a tradeoff with S.K., the Ukraine, or any other US missile base.

Oh, and it's not like China isn't already there!

And China and India and a whole bunch of other countries who are joining Brics.

But the point of this happening should be watched with caution. The last time America decided to keep Russian missiles out of Cuba there was a compromise offered by Kruschev and both sides went home reasonably happy.

This shows signs of an escalation by Russia and I doubt that America is going to be willing to make a tradeoff with S.K., the Ukraine, or any other US missile base.
Even Putin knows better than to stage nukes in Cuba

Even Putin knows better than to stage nukes in Cuba
Actually I think that Russia is ready for war now. The Ukraine's dambusting exercize was no small thing.

But I think too that China getting what they're determined to have will cause them to enter the war at a time when Russia is putting the greatest pressure on America.

The trouble is that the China/Russia alliance is written in stone and I suspect it has been since as far back as Ho Chi Minh's win.

And only in the last couple of weeks, America has started to portray Russia and China as the great alliance of America's enemies.

Forum List

Back