Russia preparing for ‘Big, Colossal War’ with NATO, says Major General

Remember the Kramatorsk Train station attack?

More of those missiles "Russia doesn't have" arrived in Melitopol yesterday...

There's a video, I counted 7 launchers and at least one resupply truck.

SS21.jpg

Judging from Russian history, their "common state of mind" is blatant stupidity.

Why do the Russians always need a tyrant to rule over them? Is Democracy too complicated for them to understand?

Nicholas II
Lenin
Stalin
Khruchev
Brehznev (sp?)
Yeltsin
Putin

Nothing to be proud of!

Their greatest leader, Peter the Great, caused the deaths of millions of Russians - and the only thing he did good for the Russian people was to get them to emulate Western Europeans.
I don't know, that is their history and their mentality. They always strive for good Tsar-father who will protect them from bad boyars and foreign enemies. This good tsar may turn out to be not actually good, but that is nuances.

Russian tsarism never had internal real competitors for power. The church was subjugated to the state, there weren't free merchant cities, independent social groups and so on. The Tsar and the Fatherland were and are synonymous. You can't support one side and be in opposition to the other.

'Gathering Russian lands' became a focal point of Russian foreign policy since 16th century. It is already deeply rooted in their mindset. It is pretty naive to think it can be changed overnight.
Actually, Oleg of Novgorod (Oleg the Prophet), who captured Kiev back in 882, also was a 'gatherer of Russian lands'.
Anyway, Zelenskiy, who recently declared that Ukraine is the only rightful heir of Kievan Russia, pretend to gather all Russian lands, too, only under power of Kiev, not Moscow.

Actually, Oleg of Novgorod (Oleg the Prophet), who captured Kiev back in 882, also was a 'gatherer of Russian lands'.
Anyway, Zelenskiy, who recently declared that Ukraine is the only rightful heir of Kievan Russia, pretend to gather all Russian lands, too, only under power of Kiev, not Moscow.
Nah, 1991 boundaries would be quite enough.

I don't know, that is their history and their mentality. They always strive for good Tsar-father who will protect them from bad boyars and foreign enemies. This good tsar may turn out to be not actually good, but that is nuances.

Russian tsarism never had internal real competitors for power. The church was subjugated to the state, there weren't free merchant cities, independent social groups and so on. The Tsar and the Fatherland were and are synonymous. You can't support one side and be in opposition to the other.
Actually, there were four main Russian political mindsets since at least XVI century -
1) East -tyrany, Great Duchy of Moscow, centralised and militarised "The State like Army". All members of the society (both high classes and low classes) are enslaved and must to serve (one way or another)
2) South - anarchy (militia) , Zaporojye. Christian ISIS, nonregular military fighting against all neighbors and making alliances with everybody.
3) West - westernization of elites, Lithuania. Discrimination and suppression of low class, Russian-speaking, Orthodox Christian majority.
4) North - Trade Republic, Novgorod. Low population density, export of simple natural goods, oligarchy, Veche (old Slavic and Scandinavian democracy), personal political freedom, etc...

All those mindsets (in different combinations) have been actual all their history.

Actually, there were four main Russian political mindsets since at least XVI century -
1) East -tyrany, Great Duchy of Moscow, centralised and militarised "The State like Army". All members of the society (both high classes and low classes) are enslaved and must to serve (one way or another)
2) South - anarchy (militia) , Zaporojye. Christian ISIS, nonregular military fighting against all neighbors and making alliances with everybody.
3) West - westernization of elites, Lithuania. Discrimination and suppression of low class, Russian-speaking, Orthodox Christian majority.
4) North - Trade Republic, Novgorod. Low population density, export of simple natural goods, oligarchy, Veche (old Slavic and Scandinavian democracy), personal political freedom, etc...

All those mindsets (in different combinations) have been actual all their history.
Mostly yes. The Russian Empire and today's Russia is the Grand Duchy of Moscow on steroids.

Mostly yes. The Russian Empire and today's Russia is the Grand Duchy of Moscow on steroids.
In some way, Eltsine's Russia was a heir of Novgorod's Republic and, as Ivan the Terrible hunged Novgorod's oligarchy - the Golden Belts, on their own belts, same way Putin hanged Abramovich on his own scarf in London. Same way Maidan in Kiev was a reminiscent for Zaporojskaya Sech, and post-Maidan Ukraine returned to 'One Hohol is a cheapscate, two Hohols are a guerilla squad, three Hohols are the guerilla squad with a traitor (or with three traitors).'
The problem is, that Anarchic Russia can't win a war against Dictatorship Russia, and, what is much worse, it can turn against its previous masters (especially if those 'masters' are incompetent imbiciles from Biden's Administration).

In some way, Eltsine's Russia was a heir of Novgorod's Republic and, as Ivan the Terrible hunged Novgorod's oligarchy - the Golden Belts, on their own belts, same way Putin hanged Abramovich on his own scarf in London. Same way Maidan in Kiev was a reminiscent for Zaporojskaya Sech, and post-Maidan Ukraine returned to 'One Hohol is a cheapscate, two Hohols are a guerilla squad, three Hohols are the guerilla squad with a traitor (or with three traitors).'
The problem is, that Anarchic Russia can't win a war against Dictatorship Russia, and, what is much worse, it can turn against its previous masters (especially if those 'masters' are incompetent imbiciles from Biden's Administration).
Not sure what this word salad should mean. Are you trying to push Russian narrative that Ukraine is a failed state and the US should stop supporting it? Don't bother, this narrative has been pushed since 2014. Nothing new and a bit tiresome.

Better tell about your new forecasts. Wasn't it you who claimed Russia would take over the whole of the Donbas till the end of July? They need some adjustment it seems.

Not sure what this word salad should mean. Are you trying to push Russian narrative that Ukraine is a failed state and the US should stop supporting it? Don't bother, this narrative has been pushed since 2014. Nothing new and a bit tiresome.
No. We have a dilemma:
1) To continue support of 'Small (or even fake) Russia' in its conflict against 'Great Russia' - useless and ineffective way, because Small Russia can't win by the definition.
2) Crush Moscow, transform Small Russia into Great Russia, gather all Russian lands under the banners of Kiev, and have the same problems because reunited Russia will be the same (or even larger) threat.

Better tell about your new forecasts. Wasn't it you who claimed Russia would take over the whole of the Donbas till the end of July? They need some adjustment it seems.
The whole Lugansk region is already under Moscow control. Only minimal parts of Donetsk region are under control of Kiev - the DPR's forces are already in Soledar. Few weeks, may be, even few days - and Slavyiansk and Kramatorsk will fall, too.

No. We have a dilemma:
1) To continue support of 'Small (or even fake) Russia' in its conflict against 'Great Russia' - useless and ineffective way, because Small Russia can't win by the definition.
2) Crush Moscow, transform Small Russia into Great Russia, gather all Russian lands under the banners of Kiev, and have the same problems because reunited Russia will be the same (or even larger) threat.

The whole Lugansk region is already under Moscow control. Only minimal parts of Donetsk region are under control of Kiev - the DPR's forces are already in Soledar. Few weeks, may be, even few days - and Slavyiansk and Kramatorsk will fall, too.
Who is we? You and your cat Yashka?

Yeah, so minimal, around 40% or so, including the territories controlled by Russia proxies since 2014-15.

Whatever. I asked because I was sure that Russia would take the Donbas, though my time frame was till the end of August. But since the last several days I see some estimations that the Russian army won't be able to do it in the coming months at least. And these estimations are not from Ukrainian officials or military.

And I was interested what is said from your side of the fence. Okay, everything is going in a line of the plan. Got it.

Who is we? You and your cat Yashka?

Yeah, so minimal, around 40% or so, including the territories controlled by Russia proxies since 2014-15.

Whatever. I asked because I was sure that Russia would take the Donbas, though my time frame was till the end of August. But since the last several days I see some estimations that the Russian army won't be able to do it in the coming months at least. And these estimations are not from Ukrainian officials or military.

And I was interested what is said from your side of the fence. Okay, everything is going in a line of the plan. Got it.
Sure. The Russians are quite optimistic about this operation.

Putin might try to go with tactical nukes to scare the hell out of everybody and force capitulation. I don’t see him winning a convention war.

The question is do we submit to nuclear blackmail or do we exchange tactical nukes?

It‘s not all that big a move from tactical nuclear war to all out nuclear war and if we reach that point it will be the end of the world as we know it. Forget global warming as we will have nuclear winter.

Hopefully some sane people in Russia will find a way to replace Putin.
Our problem is we have Joe Biden in charge.

Even before his dementia, Joe was not known to be tough enough to stand up to anyone except Corn Pop at the pool.

Forum List

Back