Russia Just Lost Its Most Advanced Operational Tank In Ukraine

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
It's looking more and more that the Russian military might we've all thought existed, has been greatly exaggerated.

The war in Ukraine has had its fair share of embarrassments for the Kremlin. From the sinking of the Slava class cruiser Moskva in April to the infamous 40-mile-long Russian military convoy holdup near Kyiv seen earlier in the conflict, Moscow has had little to cheer about in terms of projecting competent military strength. The latest hit comes via visual evidence that a Russian T-90M Proryv-3 (Breakthrough-3) — a modern and rare main battle tank — has been destroyed on the battlefield by Ukrainian forces.

Shared on Twitter by The Kyiv Independent’s defense reporter Illia Ponomarenko, the image, dated May 4, shows what appears to be the remnants of a T-90M tank, still smoldering after a direct hit somewhere within Ukraine’s northeastern Kharkiv Oblast. Andriy Tsaplienko is seen reporting in the foreground.

Pootin will win on May 9th and God and the Angels will sing his praise of the glorious victory and anyone that says Pootin and Roosia will fail, well they already have and my opening was trolling anyone thinking Pootin is winning this stupid war!

As for the tank and failure, well Nancy we both know Roosia has been nothing but a bluff even when it was the Soviet Union!

In WWII, Russian had lot's of cannon fodder. American steel and American engineering produced T34 tanks. Like swarming ants, the Russians were a thorn in the side of the Nazis. For every Panzer destroyed, 17 T34's were destroyed. But it didn't matter, they were cheap as were Russian lives. They just kept swarming while the Americans fought the strategic war.

That worked at the time.

But times change. Technology means cannon fodder no longer wins wars.

Prior to Xi's man Biden, Jimmy Carter was the most treasonous president in history - a puppet of the USSR. Carter tried to get America to surrender to the Soviets in 1977 based on satellite images of what appeared to be THOUSANDS of T72 tanks, that supposedly were high tech weapons platforms. Of course those turned out to be tin foil decoys once Reagan defeated the Soviets. The entire Soviet war machine was a total fraud.

After the fall of Carter's allies, funding for the military sharply DECLINED. What was a ruse and a fraud in the 1970's was a pathetic joke by the 1990's. Russia is a paper gerbil. Russia has the world convinced that it has nuclear weapons, but I suspect that like North Korea, the claim is louder than the bang if it got down to it.

Xi's Biden regime plays up the fiction that Russia is a true danger, because it serves the war they wage on America. But what we've seen in Ukraine just confirms what we knew - it's all a fraud. Russia is a third world shithole run by a two bit dictator who would crushed in moments by Nato.

Russia looks to be a Paper Tiger, and Putin is in way over his dumbass head.
I think you guys are missing the mark Russia is not a paper tiger; it's not that the Russians are so weak; it is that the Ukrainian people are so strong. The Ukrainians have suffered much more than we'd be willing to suffer. I suspect by now we'd be suing for peace. Don't get me wrong, The United States has an outstanding military, but they're not that big, and we have no significant civilian backup. In Ukraine, the Russians could wipe out the entire Ukrainian army, and civilians would be lined up behind them to take their place.

I think you guys are missing the mark Russia is not a paper tiger; it's not that the Russians are so weak; it is that the Ukrainian people are so strong. The Ukrainians have suffered much more than we'd be willing to suffer. I suspect by now we'd be suing for peace. Don't get me wrong, The United States has an outstanding military, but they're not that big, and we have no significant civilian backup. In Ukraine, the Russians could wipe out the entire Ukrainian army, and civilians would be lined up behind them to take their place.
The US could field a million troops within six weeks of a war starting. Like in WWI the hold up would be heavy weapons production. The troops would be mostly armed with civilian AR-15s which would be either donated or purchased from their civilian owners. With mortars for support weapons. Mortars are cheap, simple and easy to build. There are plenty of recently discharged Iraq and Afghanistan war veterans for experienced cadre for the new divisions, and superannuated Vietnam era veterans like me could be slotted into training cadre positions. You don’t have to be young, healthy and strong to teach basic soldier skills. Officers would be “ninety day wonders” just like in WWI and WWII. Once the initial emergency was over, the survivors of the emergency divisions would form the cadre for whatever sized army was needed. Armed with proper heavy weapons, armor and artillery from factories converted to war production.

Forum List

Back