Russia is winning

Putin certainly would have strongly urged Finland and Sweden not to join the defensive coalition.

Such solidarity among European democracies constitutes a strong disincentive for his rebuilding the Soviet empire.
1). Yes, Putin did urge Finland and Sweden not to join.

2). It has nothing to do with "democracies" in fact the US isn't a democratic nation and Sweden has tossed its democratic principles out the window by applying for membership in NATO without a vote .... as well as throwing Julian Assange to the lions and allowing CIA spy planes the use of the airport at Arlanda to shift innocent "suspects" to Guantanamo. There are more examples.

3). I see no indication that Putin is striving to reestablish a Soviet empire. Of course, if you subscribe to the western MSM then you'll believe he's already preparing the Gulag for another incarceration marathon. His assertions regarding the neo-Nazi Azov Brigade is (by all ears to the ground) true and their treatment of ethnic Russians in the Donbas region is also apparently true.

1). Yes, Putin did urge Finland and Sweden not to join.

2). It has nothing to do with "democracies" in fact the US isn't a democratic nation and Sweden has tossed its democratic principles out the window by applying for membership in NATO without a vote .... as well as throwing Julian Assange to the lions and allowing CIA spy planes the use of the airport at Arlanda to shift innocent "suspects" to Guantanamo. There are more examples.

3). I see no indication that Putin is striving to reestablish a Soviet empire. Of course, if you subscribe to the western MSM then you'll believe he's already preparing the Gulag for another incarceration marathon. His assertions regarding the neo-Nazi Azov Brigade is (by all ears to the ground) true and their treatment of ethnic Russians in the Donbas region is also apparently true.
The fact is that Trump's "savvy genius" bungled badly when he launched his unprovoked, savage attack on Ukraine, a miscalculation that has resulted in the strengthening and expansion of his abhorred, previously declared "obsolete," defensive alliance of democratic nations.

Screen Shot 2022-05-21 at 10.03.45 AM.png

"We'll always have Belarus!"

Jan. 6 accused rioter seeks asylum in Belarus

Screen Shot 2022-05-21 at 10.06.12 AM.png

"Vlady, I think this is the beginning
of a beautiful friendship!"

The fact is that Trump's "savvy genius" bungled badly when he launched his unprovoked, savage attack on Ukraine, a miscalculation that has resulted in the strengthening and expansion of his abhorred, previously declared "obsolete," defensive alliance of democratic nations.
You are relying on the American MSM and you don't really know if any of it is true:

* "unprovoked"? There is plenty of reason to disbelieve that statement.

* "savage"? Is it? I don't know.

* "alliance of democratic nations"? This is certainly untrue.

* I don't know what "obsolete" refers to .... who said it .... and why. So tell me.

What do you mean "He's right"? Are you not following this dialogue?
Well, maybe I didn't get it correctly. From what I understood the guy had said Sweden wouldn't be obliged to take part in wars similar to the Iraq War. You disagreed with that.

If that is so, I think he was right. Not all NATO members took part in it. The same was true in the Vietnam War, iirc.

Well, maybe I didn't get it correctly. From what I understood the guy had said Sweden wouldn't be obliged to take part in wars similar to the Iraq War. You disagreed with that.

If that is so, I think he was right. Not all NATO members took part in it. The same was true in the Vietnam War, iirc.
Rather than try to extricate you from the forest ... just read my post again.

Forum List

Back