Russell Wilson vs. Peyton Manning - Can Wilson Best Manning's Legacy?

Peyton isn't even the best Manning.

True story :thup:

Then in your opinion is the best Manning? Archie who never played for a winning team in his career or Eli whose life time record is 62-52 with a RTG of 82, 185 picks and 86 fumbles.

True story.....

Archie and Eli tied for best, Peyton a distant third.

Don't remember archie but Eli is easily ahead of Peyton regardless of how crappy he has been the last few years.Eli did not get scared and panic in big games.He beat EASILY one of the top five greatest quarterbacks to ever play the game TWICE!!!. Look who the QB was that manning beat when he won the superbowl.a washed up has been backup now who I am not even sure is still in pro football now,big wow.:asshole: when he had to face top notch completion in the big game facing GREAT quarterbacks Brees and Wilson,manning couldn't cut the mustard so its a no brainer that Eli is better.
How many Super Bowls has Brees won?

Sometimes you get lucky, but you still need to capitalize on luck. Onside kick bounced off of #86 face. Seahawks played aggressive in OT and won. I felt bad for cheeseheads.

Colts started out okay. Fair catch bounced off of #16s face. Several dropped balls from Luck. Bad passes too. I wonder if the game would have been much closer if you replayed the first 10 minutes. Things really snowballed for NE and I had to turn off the game.

Me too.

:sad:

Rings are far from the only factor in what makes a great QB.

True...or just a great player in general. I think some of it though is just the "mystique". For example, Ricky Watters has Hall of Fame stats. He has the yards, he has the touchdowns, he has the rings, he has the awards, but he will probably never be in the Hall of Fame because he just never had that mystique about him where people said "oh wow this guy is something special". From a purely statistical standpoint Watters was a "great" player although he never gets recognized for it.

Manning has that mystique, Wilson has it right now but he needs to sustain it and probably at some point in his career he will have to re-invent himself (when he gets too old to run like he does now), Marino had it, Elway had it, Montana had it, Warren Moon had it, etc.

That being said it's hard to make the Hall of Fame without a ring in today's NFL. Those who have (Dickerson, Thurmond Thomas, Marino, etc) are in because they have such ridiculous stats that you can't keep them out. Rings sure help and the more you have the better your odds. If Lynch, for example, was to get his second ring in a couple weeks, he is starting to make a case for the Hall of Fame. Even though he doesn't have the stats quite yet to make a solid case, give him 3 more years and a second ring, and he would have all he needs to make a strong argument. .

Wait...I just saw this thread. Who in the world would think Russell Wilson will ever hold a candle to Peyton Manning?!?!?!!

No disrespect to Wilson - he's a good young player, but Peyton is one of the best to ever play the game!

With one Super Bowl ring.....

Team sport. I think if peyton had RW type defenses he would have more rings.

Wait...I just saw this thread. Who in the world would think Russell Wilson will ever hold a candle to Peyton Manning?!?!?!!

No disrespect to Wilson - he's a good young player, but Peyton is one of the best to ever play the game!

With one Super Bowl ring.....

It's good to be Russell Wilson.

His teams never had enough money to fund a good defense after he was done gouging them for record setting salaries.

When RW's rookie contract expires he's going to gouge the Seahawks for a record breaking contract.

His teams never had enough money to fund a good defense after he was done gouging them for record setting salaries.

When RW's rookie contract expires he's going to gouge the Seahawks for a record breaking contract.
No he won't, RW is different, he cares more about team and the Seahawks future and championships, he won't want a big contract. He will take what he has been making because he loves Seattle and the fans so much. In fact when Golden Tate had an affair with his wife he got rid of his wife so they could try to keep Golden Tate. He has no agent who gets a percentage of his contract. In fact he won't even want to be paid. He is a special player that is going to forego money.

Wilson has EARNED the right to expect a high salary.

And Peyton Manning didnt? Get real.

Manning was a first round draft pick. He didn't have to prove anything to get paid.

What do you expect Wilson to get, I'm think the 20 mill range, which is why they won't be able to resign Lynch and a couple of other players.

Manning was a first round draft pick. He didn't have to prove anything to get paid.

That's insane. Manning has proven himself Waaaaaaaay more than RW has ever proven himself. Wilson is not, and will never be in, the same stratosphere as Manning.

What do you expect Wilson to get, I'm think the 20 mill range, which is why they won't be able to resign Lynch and a couple of other players.

That's what his market value is. He wants to three peat though. He keeps saying he's all about trying to be the best ever. He's smart. He knows he can't do it by himself. He will probably put a contract together something like Kaepernick's that is Cap friendly. He WILL get his money but he'll get it in a way that does the least amount of damage to the team.

Exactly! With today's salary cap that's what happens when your QB is due to get paid.

That's insane. Manning has proven himself Waaaaaaaay more than RW has ever proven himself. Wilson is not, and will never be in, the same stratosphere as Manning.

Ya...he sure showed it at home against the Colts two weeks ago. :lol:

Bullshit!

Ya...he sure showed it at home against the Colts two weeks ago. :lol:

Youre out of your mind. Manning is almost 40 YEARS OLD AND HE WAS PLAYING HURT AND HE'S STILL BETTER THAN WILSON!

Exactly! With today's salary cap that's what happens when your QB is due to get paid.

Nothing much really. Seattle has been preparing for Russell's payday for three years. Schneider is the smartest GM in the NFL. Allen is smart also. Microsoft didn't do so bad when he was running the money. I'm going to trust that Paul Allen and John Schneider will sit down with Russell and they will bang something out that will benefit all parties.

Forum List

Back