Rush wants to know where the Union was? Mines.

Zona

A guy in ariZONA
Aug 15, 2009
Phoenix, AZ.
"RUSH: There you go. "We worked on mine safety. Byrd, Rockefeller, we worked on mine safety in the Senate. But more needs to be done." Well, they didn't get anything done. Was there no union responsibility for improving mine safety? Where was the union here? Where was the union? The union is generally holding these companies up demanding all kinds of safety. Why were these miners continuing to work in what apparently was an unsafe atmosphere?"

TalkAbout Topic: Rush wants to know where the Union was?

What an idiot. Ditto heads, defend and deflect please.

Massey energy is non-union and apparently has one of the worst safety records - not just that one mine.

"RUSH: There you go. "We worked on mine safety. Byrd, Rockefeller, we worked on mine safety in the Senate. But more needs to be done." Well, they didn't get anything done. Was there no union responsibility for improving mine safety? Where was the union here? Where was the union? The union is generally holding these companies up demanding all kinds of safety. Why were these miners continuing to work in what apparently was an unsafe atmosphere?"

Rush doesn't want to KNOW anything. All he wants is to talk. But if by some miracle I'm wrong, tell him 'right to work' that he supports is what happened to the union.

Last edited:
This has to be a joke. He can't be this stupid. I mean, a guy arguing for weakning unions then complains that unions didn't have the clout to protect their members.

What is this, bizarro world?

This has to be a joke. He can't be this stupid. I mean, a guy arguing for weakning unions then complains that unions didn't have the clout to protect their members.

What is this, bizarro world?
No, this is DittoLand. And comments like this will be supported, be ignored, or be spun....whatever it takes for his loyal syncophants to wrap their pinheads around his inconsistancies and lies.

how about osha.....why was a non-union mine with such a horrific saftey record even allowed to be opperating....

He's saying the Union was derelict in its duties.

Do all liberals need translators?

He's saying the Union was derelict in its duties.

Do all liberals need translators?

Derelict implies capable of duties. Considering all that Rush and his right leaning friends have advocated and done when it comes to weakening unions, is is any surpise that they can't protect their members?

A mine operates under competing constraints - Safety versus Profitability. A union is not a guarantee of safety as they, in a manner akin to owners, can be obsessed with better wages (profitability of the mine is required for continued operation with higher wages)

Mining engineers can generally calculate the requirements for safety, but even the best calculations can fail if an unexpected condition exists or unpredictable event occurs. Nothing can be made completely safe, and the inherent risk should be part of the consideration of miners when choosing that career.

It's called "Illustrating absurdity by being absurd". Unlike those on the left who blamed GWB for the SAGO mine disaster who were just being petty.

Rush doesn't want to KNOW anything. All he wants is to talk. But if by some miracle I'm wrong, tell him 'right to work' that he supports is what happened to the union.

So, you disapprove of an American's right to work without having to join a union?

it's a non union mine.

do all dittoheads need readers?

why weren't the unions pickiting and and calling for osha to shut it down.....or do unions only try to protect workers that pay their dues....

Congrats on being #2 :clap2::clap2:

actully by your definition i was no one....none the less....where was osha on this.....whith such a horrible safety record why was there no picketing by the union to protect these workers ....why hadn't osha shut these guys down....

or is your opinion fuck em they were scabs....

Thanks!

And, BTW, I'm just pointing out how douchy it is to be so humorless as to not understand what he was really saying. Had you listened to the entire bit you'd have known that... maybe.

Congrats on being number 9,999,998,765,897,456 to be a petty Rush basher! YAY YOU.. you free-thinking, rugged individualist!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back