Rush Limbaugh nominated for 2007 Nobel Peace Prize

Little-Acorn

Gold Member
Jun 20, 2006
San Diego, CA
Yes, he actually was, this year.

Of course, the nominating process has degenerated to a farce. Virtually any professor, legislator, or judge in any country, can nominate anyone they want. How else could Al Gore, Jimmy Carter, Tookie Williams, Yasser Arafat, and Adolf Hitler have gotten their nominations. (Arafat actually WON the prize, which tells you all you need to know about the Nobel committee itself.)

Limbaugh was nominated by Mark Levin, founder of the Landmark Legal Foundation. Limbaugh is on the LLF's board of Directors.

-------------------------------

http://news.yahoo.com/s/usnw/200702...nates_rush_limbaugh_for2007_nobel_peace_prize

Landmark Legal Foundation Nominates Rush Limbaugh for 2007 Nobel Peace Prize

Thu Feb 1, 1:27 PM ET

LEESBURG, Va., Feb. 1 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Landmark Legal Foundation today nominated nationally syndicated radio talk show host Rush Limbaugh for the 2007 Nobel Peace Prize.

Limbaugh, whose daily radio show is heard by more than 20 million people on more than 600 radio stations in the United States and around the world, was nominated for the prestigious award for his "nearly two decades of tireless efforts to promote liberty, equality and opportunity for all humankind, regardless of race, creed, economic stratum or national origin. These are the only real cornerstones of just and lasting peace throughout the world," said Landmark President Mark R. Levin.

"Rush Limbaugh is the foremost advocate for freedom and democracy in the world today," explained Levin. "Everyday he gives voice to the values of democratic governance, individual opportunity and the just, equal application of the rule of law -- and it is fitting that the Nobel Committee recognize the power of these ideals to build a truly peaceful world for future generations."

The Nobel Peace Prize, which is given by a committee of the Norwegian Storting (the Norwegian Parliament), was created by inventor Alfred Nobel in his will in 1896 to be given to the individual or organization who "shall have done the most or the best work for fraternity between nations, for the abolition or reduction of standing armies and for the holding of peace congresses." The first Nobel Peace Prize was awarded in 1901 to Henry Dunant and Frederic Passy.

Should Limbaugh become the 2007 Nobel Laureate for Peace, he will receive the Nobel Peace Prize medal and a cash award of $10 million Norwegian Kroner (approximately $1.6 million). The prize would be presented at a ceremony in the Oslo City Hall presided over by King Harald V and Queen Sonja of Norway on December 10, 2007, the anniversary of Alfred Nobel's death. As the 2007 Nobel Laureate for Peace, Limbaugh would deliver the 2007 Nobel Peace Prize Lecture at that ceremony.

Founded in 1976, Landmark Legal Foundation is the leading conservative public interest law firm in the United States. Rush Limbaugh serves as an unpaid member of Landmark's Board of Advisors.

While I am a big Rush fan. I wonder if he is listening to a different program.

Heh, I'm sure Rush Limbaugh's getting a kick out of this. If he wins, he'll be in the company of:

Amnesty International
Mikhail Gorbachev
Kofi Annan
Various agencies of the United Nations
Yasser Arafat
Mohamed Anwar al-Sadat
Jimmuh Carter
International Labor Organization
Mohamed El Baradei and the IAEA

so he'd probably decline it.

Heh, I'm sure Rush Limbaugh's getting a kick out of this. If he wins, he'll be in the company of:

Amnesty International
Mikhail Gorbachev
Kofi Annan
Yasser Arafat
Mohamed Anwar al-Sadat
Jimmuh Carter

No joke! I'm sure he would.

You know what their reaction will be: 'He was nominated by a corporate board which he is a member- what a joke!'

I think it was a dumb idea.

Anything that pisses of the left is a good thing

I really feel Rush deserves the award

Anything that pisses of the left is a good thing

I really feel Rush deserves the award

I agree with rsr. A man such as Rush Limbaugh does more for PEACE during his radio show, than a boat load of John Kerry's, Al Gore's, or Ted Kennedy's have done in their WHOLE LIFE.

If you don't face the tough issues, you haven't looked at what it takes to make peace a reality.

The left will never understand that simple truth.

If you don't stand up to be counted as being FOR peace, and aren't willing to be part of the process to insure it. They don't understand what peace is, or how its achieved.

All troops in harms way today could explain that, and have been trying to do so for four years now.

They would ALL be my nomination for the Nobel Peace Prize.

Amnesty International
Mikhail Gorbachev
Kofi Annan
Yasser Arafat
Mohamed Anwar al-Sadat
Jimmuh Carter

He is getting a kick out of it. I dont think he takes it very seriously.

It's nothing to get excited about. The Nobel selection committee has laid out the criteria for persons and organizations which may make recommendations to the selection committee.

<blockquote>Any one of the following persons is entitled to submit proposals:

* members of national assemblies and governments;
* members of international courts of law;
* university chancellors; university professors of social science, history,
philosophy, law and theology;
* leaders of peace research institutes and institutes of foreign affairs;
* former Nobel Peace Prize laureates;
* board members of organisations that have received the Nobel Peace
Prize;
* present and past members of the Norwegian Nobel Committee; (committee members must present their nomination at the latest at the first committee meeting after February 1);
* former advisers at the Norwegian Nobel Institute.</blockquote>

So far as I can tell from his bio, Mark Levin fits none of the above categories. It's just another case of media whoring on behalf of drug-addled gas bag, Rush Limbaugh.

It's nothing to get excited about. The Nobel selection committee has laid out the criteria for persons and organizations which may make recommendations to the selection committee.

Prize;
* present and past members of the Norwegian Nobel Committee; (committee members must present their nomination at the latest at the first committee meeting after February 1);

So far as I can tell from his bio, Mark Levin fits none of the above categories. It's just another case of media whoring on behalf of drug-addled gas bag, Rush Limbaugh.

Awww, another case of Bully taking the "high road".:eusa_liar:

The Nobel Peace Prize is a complete joke. Like the UN, it no longer represents anything it is/was supposed to. Now, it's little more than a celebration of leftist nonsense.

Rush hasn't a chance... but I don't think he minds that at all.

Prize;

BP< if Al Bore loses will you head his recount team? Will hanging chads count this time on the ballots?

Forum List

Back