Run Run Shaw passes away.

Sallow

The Big Bad Wolf.
Oct 4, 2010
New York City
Made some of my favorite movies..

Entertainment mogul Run Run Shaw, a major figure in Asia's film industry, has died at the age of 107.

The Hong Kong resident founded Shaw Brothers Studios, which produced almost 1,000 films and brought the kung fu genre into the mainstream.

He also launched Hong Kong's biggest local TV station, TVB, in 1967 and remained its chairman until 2011.

Mr Shaw died peacefully at home in Hong Kong, TVB (Television Broadcasts Limited) said in a statement.
BBC News - Hong Kong kung fu film pioneer Run Run Shaw dies

Entertainment mogul Run Run Shaw, a major figure in Asia's film industry, has died at the age of 107.

The Hong Kong resident founded Shaw Brothers Studios, which produced almost 1,000 films and brought the kung fu genre into the mainstream.

He also launched Hong Kong's biggest local TV station, TVB, in 1967 and remained its chairman until 2011.

Mr Shaw died peacefully at home in Hong Kong, TVB (Television Broadcasts Limited) said in a statement.

They helped to bring us Blade Runner.
Sir RunRunShaw productions,
a very innovative movie production company.
Way ahead of their time.

They helped to bring us Blade Runner.
Sir RunRunShaw productions,
a very innovative movie production company.
Way ahead of their time.

Absolutely.

Bruce Lee ring a bell? :cool:

he turned Bruce Lee down Sallow.....Raymond Chow picked up Lee.....and the rest is History....

Well if you dig cinema, the art itself owes a huge debt to Run Run Shaw.

Being strapped of cash makes a movie outfit very innovative with such things as camera angles, the narrative and sound.

It was Shaw that started making Kung Fu movies into a high art.

hey i hear ya.....but i think if it wasnt for Bruce being in those types of movies they would not have gotten as big as they were.....IMO.....

Forum List

Back