Rumor has it Adele attributes her huge success to Sarah Palin

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Palin has since sent her a signed copy of her book.

http://theweek.com/speedreads/590111/adele-attributes-huge-success-sarah-palin
Adele attributes her huge success to Sarah Palin

Viewers in Britain got to watch Adele's first live performance in two years on Thursday night in a BBC One special, Adele - Live at the BBC, recorded on Nov. 2. (Viewers outside Britain will be able to watch it, retitled Adele - Live in London, at some future date.) Along with the live performances, Adele sat down with host Graham Norton to talk about her career, life, and new album, 25. Among her revelations was the role 2008 Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin played in her rise to worldwide fame.

When she made her debut on Saturday Night Live, she told Norton, Palin had been scheduled to appear the following weekend, but "because something came up in the campaign, she came and did the week I was doing it." Palin was ratings gold in 2008, "so it was one of the most watched SNLs ever, and then it was two weeks before the Grammy ballot, which is when people decide what songs they want to maybe nominate, so, like, literally the stars aligned for me," Adele told Norton. "And then the album shot to No. 1 on iTunes, I was nominated for a Grammy, and I won one. I mean it was a joke. It was a joke. All thanks to Sarah Palin."

It seems like Tina Fey should get a bit of thanks, too. But for those not interested in Palin's role in Adele's success, the show also contained a sketch where Adele, disguised in a wig and prosthetics, auditioned for a TV show as an Adele impersonator named Jenny,

Absolutely. If not for Palin advising her on song choices and giving her vocal coaching, Adele wouldn't have sold a single CD.

Does it matter to you that people tuned in to that show to watch Palin get mocked? We were laughing at her, not with her. Truly something she ought to take pride in.

Absolutely. If not for Palin advising her on song choices and giving her vocal coaching, Adele wouldn't have sold a single CD.

Does it matter to you that people tuned in to that show to watch Palin get mocked? We were laughing at her, not with her. Truly something she ought to take pride in.

There were various reasons people tuned in to see her. Curiosity likely the main reason.

Viewers in Britain got to watch Adele's first live performance in two years on Thursday night in a BBC One special, Adele - Live at the BBC, recorded on Nov. 2. (Viewers outside Britain will be able to watch it, retitled Adele - Live in London, at some future date.) Along with the live performances, Adele sat down with host Graham Norton to talk about her career, life, and new album, 25. Among her revelations was the role 2008 Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin played in her rise to worldwide fame.

When she made her debut on Saturday Night Live, she told Norton, Palin had been scheduled to appear the following weekend, but "because something came up in the campaign, she came and did the week I was doing it." Palin was ratings gold in 2008, "so it was one of the most watched SNLs ever, and then it was two weeks before the Grammy ballot, which is when people decide what songs they want to maybe nominate, so, like, literally the stars aligned for me," Adele told Norton. "And then the album shot to No. 1 on iTunes, I was nominated for a Grammy, and I won one. I mean it was a joke. It was a joke. All thanks to Sarah Palin."

It seems like Tina Fey should get a bit of thanks, too. But for those not interested in Palin's role in Adele's success, the show also contained a sketch where Adele, disguised in a wig and prosthetics, auditioned for a TV show as an Adele impersonator named Jenny,

Kinda like crediting your success in dance by dancing next to a train wreck. Everyone wants to see the train wreck, and if they see you along with it well you owe your success at being discovered to the train wreck. :)

Kinda like crediting your success in dance by dancing next to a train wreck. Everyone wants to see the train wreck, and if they see you along with it well you owe your success at being discovered to the train wreck. :)

I'm certain we can come up with many metaphor's.

I'm certain we can come up with many metaphor's.

Wont find a better one about Palin than 'train wreck' :)

There were various reasons people tuned in to see her. Curiosity likely the main reason.

Please. By the time that show aired....that idiot had already satisfied curiosity. People tuned in to watch her get roasted. She was.....and is.....a sad joke that was played on people like you.

Actually I was never a big fan of hers. She started out great, but we all soon realized there wasn't much more there.
Anyway, especially at that point she had millions of fans and obviously many of those tuned in to see her.
Mean-spirited dicks like you also tuned in.

Forum List

Back