Rugby World Cup 2011

idb

Gold Member
Dec 26, 2010
We have what is supposedly the third largest sporting event in the world happening in our small country at the moment.
Official RWC 2011 Site - Home
20 national teams from all over the world.

The USA are putting up a pretty good performance for being such a minor sport in their own country.
They had a very good game in losing to Ireland, and took a hard-fought victory over Russia.

This is a huge event for us with estimated visitor numbers around 95,000 and a global audience in the billions (four billion estimated) - all in a country of 4 million.

The rugby has been generally excellent and there are plenty of sleep-deprived people turning up for work.

The whole event is just one long seven week party, I'm loving it!

USA take on Australia in about 2 1/2 hours.
NZ take on France in the big one tomorrow.
Ireland play Russia on Sunday.
Samoa play Fiji in what's bound to be a good match on Sunday.
Argentina Scotland on Sunday as well.

A mouth-watering lineup of rugby again this weekend.
Oh well better open a beer and get into training!

I played loosehead prop in high school in Taiwan, we didn't have American football there.

I wondered why you were one of my favourites on this site.

Rugby is getting big in Asia...Japan especially.
I assume that means you don't play anymore?

The USA are taking a bit of a hiding I'm afraid...

I played loosehead prop in high school in Taiwan, we didn't have American football there.

I wondered why you were one of my favourites on this site.

Rugby is getting big in Asia...Japan especially.
I assume that means you don't play anymore?

I played the one season, graduated high school and immediately joined the Navy before I was drafted. After I got out two years latter I went to college and focused on academics during the day and singing in a band at night, no time for sports. :lol:

USA bow out of the cup with a loss to Italy.
They ended up with the one win over Russia and are now on their way home having failed to progress past pool play.
Having said that they gave good account of themselves and certainly weren't disgraced.
It seems odd to be able to describe the USA as a minor nation - in the context of this sport anyway!

Sorry to say your guys are away home not having got past pool play.
Never disgraced though, it's a minor sport in your country and you can only improve.
It seems strange to refer to the US as a 'minor country'.

New Zealand are world champions!!!
All is right with the world again...except my head hurts!!!!

Attachments

• $5838320_600x400.jpg
    $5838320_600x400.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 35

Forum List

Back