RT's Ruptly was Most-Watched news agency on YouTube in 2020, raking in nearly 430mn views

Natural Citizen

American Made
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 8, 2016
I suppose competing news agencies could likely ask themselves what they can do better. Of course, that may very well defeat their own purpose. I dunno.

Anyway...

Ruptly, RT’s video agency, bested AFP, Reuters, the Associated Press and others to become the most-watched news agency on YouTube in 2020, a triumph attributed to its exclusive footage of some of the biggest stories of the year

According to data from online video measurement company Tubular Labs, Ruptly outperformed all of its competitors, with its content receiving 429 million views over the past 12 months.

Continued...

This time last year - RT - The First TV News Network in the World to Hit 10 Billion Views on Youtube...

The Russians can be congratulated. They finance their propaganda tools generously. That gives results.

The Russians can be congratulated. They finance their propaganda tools generously. That gives results.

I remember seeing a recording of Hillary Clinton really upset about the platform doing so well. I forget what she said specifically but she said something along the lines of American media needs to do better because they're winning.

But, then, that gets back to the thought on trying to do better perhaps defeating their own goals. The reality, in my view, is that an informed demographic isn't really in the interest of a lot of media outlets/platforms.

Ah well. It was just an interesting couple of reads I skipped over this morning.

Forum List

Back