Rowan and Martin's Laugh In

TroglocratsRdumb

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2017
The TV Show Laugh In was from 68 to 73. (available on streaming services)
It was highly popular.
It had topical and political humor.
It was counter culture.
The Left had many of same cultural hang ups that they still do today.
It was liberal, but it also had some cringe worthy stereotyping that would make today's Snowflakes head explode.
They had some great performers such as Judy Carne, Henry Gibson, Arte Johnson, Jo Anne Worley, Lily Tomlin...
They had an army of writers, one of which was SNL Lorne Michaels which he started in 75.
One of the interesting things about it are the jokes that they made about the Politicians and Celebrities of that time.
The Left was not as unhinged back then.
It's worth watching.

Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In - Wikipedia
Watching 'The Smothers Brothers,' 'Laugh-In' and the Democratic National Convention - Los Angeles Times (latimes.com)

It was highly popular.
It was counter culture.
It was liberal, but it also had some cringe worthy stereotyping that would make today's Snowflakes head explode.
They had some great performers such as Judy Carne, Henry Gibson, Arte Johnson, Jo Anne Worley, Lily Tomlin...
They had an army of writers, one of which was SNL Lorne Michaels which he started in 75.
One of the interesting things about it are the jokes that they made about the Politicians and Celebrities of that time.
It's worth watching.

Watching 'The Smothers Brothers,' 'Laugh-In' and the Democratic National Convention - Los Angeles Times (latimes.com)

Laugh-In is still on TV.

Back then they had a black fellow who did impressions of famous white people. And there white performers who did famous black celebrities and it never upset anyone The jokes were great and I remember a very young Goldie Hawn being apart of the cast. Too bad performers can't do there stuff without the P.C. police causing trouble today.

I’ve watched it recently
Cant believe I used to think it was funny

Smothers Brothers was better

It was highly popular.
It was counter culture.
It's worth watching.

It was cancelled due to conservative's assholes closing up over the jokes and the anti-war statements about Nam..

Back then they had a black fellow who did impressions of famous white people. And there white performers who did famous black celebrities and it never upset anyone The jokes were great and I remember a very young Goldie Hawn being apart of the cast. Too bad performers can't do there stuff without the P.C. police causing trouble today.
The Smothers Brothers were cancelled for being too political (anti-war). They were warned and went on the following week and said fuck you (well in so many words) and that was the end of that show.

It was highly popular.
It was counter culture.
It's worth watching.

One of my all time favs; at times it could be poignant. You may remember; a walk don the wars with Dan Rowan playing an aging soldier..............and then called up again for Vietnam......

I still remember that vividly and I was only a teenager at the time.

Can't find it.

Greg

It was highly popular.
It was counter culture.
It's worth watching.

It was cancelled due to conservative's assholes closing up over the jokes and the anti-war statements about Nam..

got a link to back up that troll??

1608336500445.png

~S~

It was highly popular.
It was counter culture.
It's worth watching.

Is that another chicken joke?

It was highly popular.
It was counter culture.
It's worth watching.

Not even close, dummy.

The best talent on the show (Goldie Hawn and Lily Tomlin among them) left the show for other projects and ratings went down. When ratings go down, shows get cancelled.

Unless you're a brain-dead liberal and then orange man bad...

It was highly popular.
It was counter culture.
It's worth watching.

Not even close, dummy.

The best talent on the show (Goldie Hawn and Lily Tomlin among them) left the show for other projects and ratings went down. When ratings go down, shows get cancelled.

Unless you're a brain-dead liberal and then orange man bad...

Shove yer orange bitch he has not a damn thing to do with this OP.

It was highly popular.
It was counter culture.
It's worth watching.

It was shown in the UK. I was a teenager but remember it well.
Tiny Tim was on as a guest.
Sock it to me, sock it to me, sock it to me.... never sure what that was about!
Other US shows at the time-
Alias Smith & Jones - with Pete Duel and Ben Murphy. I think was the last of the TV westerns before Kojack and detective shows took over.
Batman - that was ace!
High Chaparral.
Kojak
Payton Place
The Fugitive
Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea
The Invaders
The Monkees
H R Puff 'N' Stuff

I just heard tonight that Cher was the first woman to show her belly button on TV.
How could shows be taken off TV by conservative censors? Does the First Amendment not apply to TV shows?

It was highly popular.
It was counter culture.
It's worth watching.

Alias Smith & Jones - with Pete Duel and Ben Murphy. I think was the last of the TV westerns before Kojack and detective shows took over.
Batman - that was ace!
High Chaparral.
Kojak
Payton Place
The Fugitive
The Invaders
The Monkees
H R Puff 'N' Stuff

I just heard tonight that Cher was the first woman to show her belly button on TV.
How could shows be taken off TV by conservative censors? Does the First Amendment not apply to TV shows?

It was the conservatives then but the P.C. left now doing it. I will always be opposed to censorship.

It was highly popular.
It was counter culture.
It's worth watching.

Batman - that was ace!
High Chaparral.
Kojak
Payton Place
The Fugitive
The Invaders
The Monkees
H R Puff 'N' Stuff

It was the conservatives then but the P.C. left now doing it. I will always be opposed to censorship.

I'm left-wing but have always thought that PC had gone far too far way back. Blatant racist etc insults said in a derogatory manner for no other reason than to cause upset and offence, then fair enough the culprits should be called out and shamed. The likes of Benny Hill though labelled sexist to the extent we are no longer allowed to watch him was totally ridiculous.

Football commentators have recently acquired the habit of saying-
"I must apologise if you have been able to hear any of that swearing from the stands!"
Why does he feel he needs to apologise?
Why does he assume I'd be offended? It is a football match and passions can run high.
It's ironic that you can never hear the swearing anyway and we'd be unaware if he hadn't mentioned it.

Forum List

Back