Roundup Bullshit

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
EPA Science Could Torpedo Roundup Lawsuits

I have been using Roundup for a long time, and it's great for the purposes I have (removing vegetation from cracks on driveways, sidewalks and mulch beds). I have recently purchased the product at "fire sale" prices because the idiotic claims that it causes cancer have cratered public demand for Roundup.

I just love it when I can financially benefit from other peoples's stupidity.

So now we have the EPA finally putting a damper (if not the brakes) on this outrageous money grab by sleazy tort lawyers, aided and abetted by compromised trial court judges in various states. I have no illusion that this long-overdue SCIENTIFIC review of the science and literature will stop or defeat these thousands of cases around the country, but I hope that AT LEAST the defendant companies are permitted to introduce the contrary evidence to the often brain-dead juries.

I have long advocated for a national "science court" where government-funded scientists and lawyers (I would suggest members of the Patent Bar, who by definition are not scientifically illiterate) can examine legal claims of a scientific nature and make findings that bind tort courts, rather than allowing our unsophisticated juries to make these scientific determinations.

Utopian to be sure, but long overdue nevertheless.

Written by a member of the "Anti-Science Party."

I have been using Roundup for a long time, and it's great for the purposes I have (removing vegetation from cracks on driveways, sidewalks and mulch beds). I have recently purchased the product at "fire sale" prices because the idiotic claims that it causes cancer have cratered public demand for Roundup.

So now we have the EPA finally putting a damper (if not the brakes) on this outrageous money grab by sleazy tort lawyers, aided and abetted by compromised trial court judges in various states. I have no illusion that this long-overdue SCIENTIFIC review of the science and literature will stop or defeat these thousands of cases around the country, but I hope that AT LEAST the defendant companies are permitted to introduce the contrary evidence to the often brain-dead juries.

I have long advocated for a national "science court" where government-funded scientists and lawyers (I would suggest members of the Patent Bar, who by definition are not scientifically illiterate) can examine legal claims of a scientific nature and make findings that bind tort courts, rather than allowing our unsophisticated juries to make these scientific determinations.

What this nation badly needs is a legal system where frivolous lawsuits result in dire consequences for both lawyers and judges who perpetrate this kind of insanity, usually only for their own gain.

Good. Then Maybe I won't have to see all those stupid TV commercials from those scumbag ambulance-chasers begging for victims to sue Roundup. It seems like they're on between every segment.

I never had any problems with it

Now they are suing over talcum powder

Funny how people want to use these folks establishment science to defend corporation profits and products. . . but then when they tell you AGW is real and we must tax energy usage?

source.gif

:auiqs.jpg:

Everything is just one OJ jury from causing cancer. Science is irrelevant.

ISSN 1177-4258 6 Journal of Organic Systems, 9(2), 2014 ORIGINAL PAPERGenetically engineered crops, glyphosate and the deterioration of health in the United States of America
https://www.organic-systems.org/journal/92/JOS_Volume-9_Number-2_Nov_2014-Swanson-et-al.pdf
Great doc. thank you.

Glyphosate and disease The connection between glyphosate and chronic disease has been outlined in a recent review paper by Samsel & Seneff (2013a). The authors show how glyphosate disrupts the metabolic process by interfering with the Cytochrome P450 (CYP) pathways. The CYP is known as a super-family of enzymes that are present in most tissues of the body. They are responsible for around 75% of the reactions involved in drug metabolism and the oxidation of organic molecules. According to the authors, “glyphosate enhances the damaging effects of other food borne chemical residues and environmental toxins. Negative impact on the body is insidious and manifests slowly over time as inflammation damages cellular systems throughout the body. Here, we show how interference with CYP enzymes acts synergistically with disruption of the biosynthesis of aromatic amino acids by gut bacteria, as well as impairment in serum sulfate transport. Consequences are most of the diseases and conditions associated with a Western diet, which include gastrointestinal disorders, obesity, diabetes, heart disease, depression, autism, infertility, cancer and Alzheimer’s disease. We explain the documented effects of glyphosate and its ability to induce disease, and we show that glyphosate is the 'textbook example' of exogenous semiotic entropy: the disruption of homeostasis by environmental toxins” (p. 1416).

My state of Idaho produces a third of the nations sugar consumption.
Roundup ready seed is used around here.
I haven't seen weeds in Sugarbeet fields in years.
9th circuit in San Fran tried shutting us down, but we prevailed.
9th circuit in San Fran likes to dictate what we do clear over here in Idaho.
No wonder Eastern Washington and Oregon wanna be part of Idaho

One cannot by Oats or any cereal without it in it.

"Along with wheat and oats, glyphosate is used to desiccate a wide range of other crops including lentils, peas, non-GMO soybeans, corn, flax, rye, triticale, buckwheat, millet, canola, sugar beets and potatoes."
Why Is Glyphosate Sprayed on Crops Right Before Harvest?

"In 2007, glyphosate was the most used herbicide in the United States agricultural sector, with 180 to 185 million pounds (82,000 to 84,000 tonnes) applied, the second-most used in home and garden with 5 to 8 million pounds (2,300 to 3,600 tonnes) and government applied 13 to 15 million pounds (5,900 to 6,800 tonnes) in " by 2016 "There are approximately 280 million pounds of glyphosate applied to 298 million acres annually in agricultural settings (MRD, 2012-2016)." https://www.epa.gov/sites/productio...te-response-comments-usage-benefits-final.pdf

Roundup is more than likely the reason folks are more obese today than they were 35 years ago.

Same food (except GMO) same exercise. . .

but with poison.

Concerns over use of glyphosate-based herbicides and risks associated with exposures: a consensus statement
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4756530/pdf/12940_2016_Article_117.pdf

Glyphosate and Roundup Disrupt the Gut Microbiome by Inhibiting the Shikimate Pathway
Glyphosate and Roundup Disrupt the Gut Microbiome by Inhibiting the Shikimate Pathway - GMO Science

Health
Why It Was Easier to Be Skinny in the 1980s
A new study finds that people today who eat and exercise the same amount as people 20 years ago are still fatter.
It's Harder for Millennials to Stay Thin Than It Was for Boomers

Roundup is more than likely the reason folks are more obese today than they were 35 years ago.

Same food (except GMO) same exercise. . .

but with poison.

Concerns over use of glyphosate-based herbicides and risks associated with exposures: a consensus statement
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4756530/pdf/12940_2016_Article_117.pdf

Glyphosate and Roundup Disrupt the Gut Microbiome by Inhibiting the Shikimate Pathway
Glyphosate and Roundup Disrupt the Gut Microbiome by Inhibiting the Shikimate Pathway - GMO Science

Health
Why It Was Easier to Be Skinny in the 1980s
A new study finds that people today who eat and exercise the same amount as people 20 years ago are still fatter.
It's Harder for Millennials to Stay Thin Than It Was for Boomers

The application of glyphosate to crops has increased about 15-fold since Roundup-ready crops were introduced in 1996. What has happened to the rates of [non-Hodgkin lymphoma] over the past 25 years? As shown in the figure below, while the use of glyphosate increased markedly, the incidence of NHL has remained flat, and mortality from NHL has decreased.

upload_2020-2-28_20-7-52-png.309398

Remember the questionable study claiming glyphosate boosts cancer risk 41%? Lead author reasserts her claim, EPA refutes it, and we take a second look | Genetic Literacy Project

Forum List

Back