Ron Paul spreading same message as always, resonating finally

Kevin_Kennedy

Defend Liberty
Aug 27, 2008
Ron Paul framed it as "a fight that could literally change our country" and laid out a plan: Return to the gold standard, end U.S. military interventions overseas, demolish the Federal Reserve and stop bailouts.

"Overwhelmingly, people said they wanted a man of principle in Washington," his campaign manifesto read. "They said they want someone who was really against budget deficits, big spending and high taxes, not someone who says one thing and does another."

The fundraising letter could have arrived yesterday.

But it was written in 1984.

As he seeks the 2012 Republican presidential nomination, the Texas congressman is spreading the same message — and people are finally listening.

His persistent bleating about federal spending and the national debt, for years ignored by both Democrats and Republicans, has proven prophetic. Paul's Republican rivals today sound like he did in 2008, when he was viewed as the kooky older guy on the campaign trail warning about an impending crash.

Ron Paul spreading same message as always, resonating finally - St. Petersburg Times

this is the only person that can save this country

The problem is he is not charismatic enough.

Oh, and I disagree. I think Chris Christie, maybe Herman Cain and basically anyone who understands that you must make sacrifices at all costs to reduce the deficit.

We need an Article V convention.

Mike

Ron Paul framed it as "a fight that could literally change our country" and laid out a plan: Return to the gold standard, end U.S. military interventions overseas, demolish the Federal Reserve and stop bailouts.

"Overwhelmingly, people said they wanted a man of principle in Washington," his campaign manifesto read. "They said they want someone who was really against budget deficits, big spending and high taxes, not someone who says one thing and does another."

The fundraising letter could have arrived yesterday.

But it was written in 1984.

As he seeks the 2012 Republican presidential nomination, the Texas congressman is spreading the same message — and people are finally listening.

His persistent bleating about federal spending and the national debt, for years ignored by both Democrats and Republicans, has proven prophetic. Paul's Republican rivals today sound like he did in 2008, when he was viewed as the kooky older guy on the campaign trail warning about an impending crash.

Ron Paul spreading same message as always, resonating finally - St. Petersburg Times

He has held these positions for a long time.....the difference between now and in the past is that reality is showing people he had some very astute points and positions on the government and the economy.

Honesty,Integrity,and Persistence. That's Dr. Paul. And just like when he put our Soldiers back together during War,he will put our Nation back together if given the chance.

The media tells me Romney will win, so that's who I'm voting for.

I do like Paul but i understand he does have electability issues with the masses. However, imagine him as someone's VP, at least we know we would have a good voice yapping at the president all the time and a principled man as the tiebreaker vote in the senate.

The media tells me Romney will win, so that's who I'm voting for.

I do like Paul but i understand he does have electability issues with the masses. However, imagine him as someone's VP, at least we know we would have a good voice yapping at the president all the time and a principled man as the tiebreaker vote in the senate.

I'm not hard headed, I'll take whatever I can get. VP, so be it.

But not if it means Perry, Romney, Bachman, Palin, Giuliani, or Gingrich are president.

I don't think any one of those candidates are good for conservatism.

You think if Dr. Paul grew an afro and started listening to hip hop, people would like him better?

Well Prodigy from Mobb Deep wants Ron Paul to be President, so is that close enough?

Thats cool but he still needs to get some more flavor to appeal to more people, a few appearances on BET 106th and Park and maybe a Jersey Shore cameo and boom, he will be your new President.

You think if Dr. Paul grew an afro and started listening to hip hop, people would like him better?

Well Prodigy from Mobb Deep wants Ron Paul to be President, so is that close enough?

Thats cool but he still needs to get some more flavor to appeal to more people, a few appearances on BET 106th and Park and maybe a Jersey Shore cameo and boom, he will be your new President.

Well he's got a mixtape out.

Ron Paul - Street Politician - DJ Keyz

I'd be willing to bet Lupe Fiasco does too.

Maybe, but I've never heard him mention Ron Paul.

No, but he's very political and his positions seem to be in line with Paul the most, at least on the Empire building side of things. I don't know where he leans economically.

He called Obama a terrorist though.

Forum List

Back