Ron Paul on drugs.

Equality is garbage. There is no such thing. Nature knows no equality. .

The deficiency evident in stupid, racist comments like yours is proof enough of that.

I don't have a problem with saying racist things. I also don't have a problem with being called a racist. In fact the whole racism construct the left uses to push it's agenda has no effect on me.

That said, the above quote is not racist. Please tell me how there is equality in nature. Thanks.

While I know that alcohol is probably the MOST lethal legal drug out there--you have to be realistic at the same time. Marijuana doesn't kill anyone--there has NEVER been an incident of anyone showing up in an emergency room for an overdose of it. Because it is an organic plant. Millions of Americans are closet smokers.

No. But people certainly show up in the ER because of MJ. I saw someone the other day and this:

Cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Was on the differential. In addition, we are seeing a lot of people with pneumothorax:

Pneumothorax - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Associated with smoking THC. It's not this wonderfully benign drug that the rabidly pro-legalization crowd claims it is (and don't get me started on the bullshit claims it cures cancer).

Like any foreign substance people ingest, it has the potential to harm the body. What it is not is physiologically addictive. For that reason, I think it should be legal.

Compare that to the alcohol related incidents of violence and deaths---:lol: Your brain has been flooded with 60 years of non-sense propaganda regarding marijuana--bought an paid for by the pharmacutical industry in this country.

Marijuana is one of the most harmless drugs out there--and does less damage than over the counter aspirin. It has turned into MEXICO's--BLOOD DIAMOND---where 28,000 Mexican militia--US DEA agents--Mexican police--drug lords and innocent civilians--including US citizens have been killed in the cross-fire--over the last 8 years. Mexico is smuggleing in over 1 million tons of it a year to the United States--indicating that there are millions of Americans that use it.

Now you can choose to continue to fill the pockets of violent Mexican drug lords--or you can choose to legalize it--regulate it--and tax it like alcohol.

Because we have had 60 years of prohibition--1 trillion tax payer dollars wasted--that has proven that prohibition on Marijuana has not worked--nor will it ever work.

Last edited:
Equality is garbage. There is no such thing. Nature knows no equality. .

The deficiency evident in stupid, racist comments like yours is proof enough of that.

I don't have a problem with saying racist things. I also don't have a problem with being called a racist. In fact the whole racism construct the left uses to push it's agenda has no effect on me.

That said, the above quote is not racist. Please tell me how there is equality in nature. Thanks.

I was referring to your ridiculous, racist post in toto.

It's called freedom. How hard is that to understand?

Freedom means you are free to do as you wish, knowing there are consequences.

If a store owner wants to put up "Chinese only", with freedom the person can. If there are enough Chinese to support his business, good for him. If not, or if the majority of Chinese decide not to shop there because he won't allow others, then the business fails.

Freedom means unless you directly harm someone (discrimination doesn't count), you do as you wish.

But your big girl panties on. Pussies aren't fit to be free.

Its called stupid. Who wants to drive on streets with people loaded on drugs like heroin, cocaine and marijuana and god only know what else. Meth heads are the most dangerous because it makes them paranoid.
Druggies on the streeets is a danger to us all.

Watch out, they are already on the streets. Interdiction/incarceration is a failed policy that is too expensive and has not successfully curtailed our appetite for intoxication. IMHO it (the police state drug war mentality) is more harmful to our free-society than the effects of the drugs. All drugs.

While I know that alcohol is probably the MOST lethal legal drug out there--you have to be realistic at the same time. Marijuana doesn't kill anyone--there has NEVER been an incident of anyone showing up in an emergency room for an overdose of it. Because it is an organic plant. Millions of Americans are closet smokers.

No. But people certainly show up in the ER because of MJ. I saw someone the other day and this:

Was on the differential. In addition, we are seeing a lot of people with pneumothorax:

Associated with smoking THC. It's not this wonderfully benign drug that the rabidly pro-legalization crowd claims it is (and don't get me started on the bullshit claims it cures cancer).

Like any foreign substance people ingest, it has the potential to harm the body. What it is not is physiologically addictive. For that reason, I think it should be legal.

It is a much more benign than other legal recreational drugs. The DEA has known and has supressed the fact that THC suppresses cancerous tumors in lab rats since the mid 70's. More research is needed but being classified as a Class A narcotic the government has ruled that it has no medical value and real research in practically non-existant.

It is such a cash cow that legalization would hurt many people financially. In fact I think most people who strongly support the status quo have something to loose if it is ever made legal or have been convinced by someone who does to oppose it.

It is a much more benign than other legal recreational drugs. The DEA has known and has supressed the fact that THC suppresses cancerous tumors in lab rats since the mid 70's. More research is needed but being classified as a Class A narcotic the government has ruled that it has no medical value and real research in practically non-existant.

It is such a cash cow that legalization would hurt many people financially. In fact I think most people who strongly support the status quo have something to loose if it is ever made legal or have been convinced by someone who does to oppose it.

It's more that the pharmaceutical industry has suppressed all the good news coming out of the medical properties that marijuana has. And for good reason. Marijuana is something that can be grown in closets--and in backyards that is capable of wiping out 1/2 of your medicine cabinet.

I can think of several prescription drugs that could easily be replaced with marijuana. And any corporation would get the hee--bee-gees scared out of them over that. And YES law enforcement who like to pad their job security with marijuana busts. It's a lot harder to bust up a meth lab--where you know the people may be armed and violent--than some closet grower--that in all probability won't give law enforcement a hard time.

The pharmaceutical industry in this country is also the main reason why medical insurance rates are no longer affordable. Each and every week--they are "pushing" on the American public a new pill for such things like restless leg syndrome--dry eye syndrome--erectile dysfunction syndrome. You get a 10 second advertisement and then a 45 second warning of the side effects--which include: Sudden death--thoughts of suicide--weight gain--weight loss--joint pain--headaches--nausea--cramping--blindness--deafness--kidney--liver and heart damage--addiction--etc. etc. etc.

And yet people still get hysterical over a completely organic plant--Marijuana--that has yet sent anyone to the emergency room with an overdose--:cuckoo:

Last edited:
No, Ron Paul is not on drugs...this is his position on legalizing drugs in his own words:

Q: If you are elected president in 2008, what positive and significant legacy, if any, will you leave for Black Americans?

A: I would like to believe that if we had a freer society, it would take care of Blacks and whites and everybody equally because we’re all individuals. To me, that is so important. But if we had equal justice under the law, I think it would be a big improvement. If we had probably a repeal of most of the federal laws on drugs and the unfairness on how Blacks are treated with these drugs laws, it would be a tremendous improvement.

And also, I think that if you’re going to have prosperity, it serves everybody. And if this is done by emphasizing property rights and freedom of the individuals, making sure that the powerful special interests don’t control Washington, that the military industrial complex doesn’t suck away all the wealth of the country, and then we would have prosperity.

Not just Marijuana...all drugs...crack, coke, meth, heroin...all drugs legalized.

Discuss.

Not long after this, the courts agreed with Paul on the disparity of sentencing for cocaine possession versus crack and shortened a lot of sentences.

This is the 30% of things Paul says I agree with. Well, to an extent. I think MJ should be fully legalized (not just Medicinal MJ, which I think has (sadly) become a canard). I don't think crack, cocaine, methamphetamines, or heroin should be legalized. We have a give enough problem with people abusing prescription opiods. I can't imagine how bad it would be if people start managing their "chronic pain syndrome" with heroin.

Drugs that are dangerous and highly addictive should be illegal. (Spare me the alcohol and cigarettes lecture. The cat is out of the bag on those items and our society already absorbs the cost of abuse of those drugs).

Just as it's within the Federal Government's prerogative to regulate consumer products for purity and safety, I think it's within their scope to regulate inherently unsafe products. Even if that is telling people what they can and can't put into their body in the most extreme of cases.

Of course, I don't claim to be a libertarian.
regulating items for purity and safety is a far cry from prohibiting them
just like with booze and smokes put a label on them let the citizen choose if he/she wants to use them . many things that are dangerous for us to use are NOT PROHIBITED
dont get the point about its alright for alcohol and cigarettes cus society has *absorbed the cost of abuse * what does that mean ?
if you smoke and drink you can obtain your **drug of choice *** legally why should a pot / cocain uses NOT have the same right?
i am a libertarian and proud of it

Last edited:
Sounds good to me, if heroin were legal, I would no more use it than I do now and it being illegal, cigarettes is legal but I don't smoke.

I don't need government to baby sit my personal decisions and choices.

No, Ron Paul is not on drugs...this is his position on legalizing drugs in his own words:

Q: If you are elected president in 2008, what positive and significant legacy, if any, will you leave for Black Americans?

A: I would like to believe that if we had a freer society, it would take care of Blacks and whites and everybody equally because we’re all individuals. To me, that is so important. But if we had equal justice under the law, I think it would be a big improvement. If we had probably a repeal of most of the federal laws on drugs and the unfairness on how Blacks are treated with these drugs laws, it would be a tremendous improvement.

And also, I think that if you’re going to have prosperity, it serves everybody. And if this is done by emphasizing property rights and freedom of the individuals, making sure that the powerful special interests don’t control Washington, that the military industrial complex doesn’t suck away all the wealth of the country, and then we would have prosperity.

Not just Marijuana...all drugs...crack, coke, meth, heroin...all drugs legalized.

Discuss.

I do not agree that all drugs should be legalized--especially the ones that kill people. That would be meth--crack--cocain and heroin.

However--Marijuana--a completely organic plant- should be legalized--regulated and taxed. Estimates are that over 50% of this country uses marijuana-or have used it-and the majority are closet smokers. They come from all walks of life--including professionals--along with hard working--law abiding--tax paying citizens--that prefer marijuana to relax with--versus alcohol. This country simply cannot afford to lock up non violent citizens--simply because they got caught smoking pot.

16 states currently have voter approved medical marijuana. YES there are medical benefits to marijuana--in fact--the largest lobbyist against medical marijuana is none other than the pharmacutical industry in this country. In my medical marijuana state--we are regulated by the state--and have virtually seen no crime involved--unlike alcohol related crime and violence. It has added millions in state tax revenue and also created private sector jobs.

Furthermore there has never been one person that has ended up in an emergency room over an overdose of marijuana--and we certainly can't say that with any other drugs. Yet marijuana is right up there as a schedule 1 substance along with herion--crack/cocain--and now the worst meth. It's ridiculous--and it's all due to 60 years of nonsense propoganda.

We have wasted over 1 trillion tax payer dollars in the 60 year war on marijuana that hasn't even put a dent into the flow of it. It's time to stop this insanity--and legalize marijuana--so we can regulate it and tax it. Prohibition did not work with alcohol--and we have 60 years experience--along with 1 trillion taxpayer dollars wasted-- knowing it hasn't worked with marijuana.

Let me ask you this: should a non-violent drug offender ever be sentenced to more time than a rapist or child molester? When put in the perspective, it becomes very apparent just how flawed America's drug policy is.

All the war on drugs, a war on Americans, has achieved is successfully increasing the value and profitability of drug dealers. Oh, let us not forget about the now privatized and ever expanding prison industry.

Your logic in saying that only marijuana should be legalized is hypocritical and flawed.

Sounds good to me, if heroin were legal, I would no more use it than I do now and it being illegal, cigarettes is legal but I don't smoke.

Well I know that I for one only refrain from heroin because it's illegal. It's got NOTHING to do with having to stick a needle in my arm 5-10 times a day to avoid violent withdrawal and continue chasing one of the most powerful addictions known to man. :rolleyes:

Well I know that I for one only refrain from heroin because it's illegal. It's got NOTHING to do with having to stick a needle in my arm 5-10 times a day to avoid violent withdrawal and continue chasing one of the most powerful addictions known to man. :rolleyes:

The first thing I, and probably everyone, would do if drugs were legalized is rush out to be the first in line to become a heroin addict. If it weren't for the government parenting us we'd all be addicts. Thank god for the DEA.

If Ron Paul is such this racist that people are claiming, then why is he one of the few politicians that want to end one of the most racists institutions in America: The War on Drugs?

If Ron Paul is such this crazy isolationist, then why does he want to open up diplomacy and trade with more countries than we are currently doing?

I don't care if people criticize or don't like Paul, but at least understand the issues and his stances first. It is amazing that years later, people are still spewing the same ol' ignorance.

If Ron Paul is such this racist that people are claiming, then why is he one of the few politicians that want to end one of the most racists institutions in America: The War on Drugs?

If Ron Paul is such this crazy isolationist, then why does he want to open up diplomacy and trade with more countries than we are currently doing?

I don't care if people criticize or don't like Paul, but at least understand the issues and his stances first. It is amazing that years later, people are still spewing the same ol' ignorance.

Well you can't really blame them, the TV doesn't teach that.

Discuss.

I do not agree that all drugs should be legalized--especially the ones that kill people. That would be meth--crack--cocain and heroin.

However--Marijuana--a completely organic plant- should be legalized--regulated and taxed. Estimates are that over 50% of this country uses marijuana-or have used it-and the majority are closet smokers. They come from all walks of life--including professionals--along with hard working--law abiding--tax paying citizens--that prefer marijuana to relax with--versus alcohol. This country simply cannot afford to lock up non violent citizens--simply because they got caught smoking pot.

16 states currently have voter approved medical marijuana. YES there are medical benefits to marijuana--in fact--the largest lobbyist against medical marijuana is none other than the pharmacutical industry in this country. In my medical marijuana state--we are regulated by the state--and have virtually seen no crime involved--unlike alcohol related crime and violence. It has added millions in state tax revenue and also created private sector jobs.

Furthermore there has never been one person that has ended up in an emergency room over an overdose of marijuana--and we certainly can't say that with any other drugs. Yet marijuana is right up there as a schedule 1 substance along with herion--crack/cocain--and now the worst meth. It's ridiculous--and it's all due to 60 years of nonsense propoganda.

We have wasted over 1 trillion tax payer dollars in the 60 year war on marijuana that hasn't even put a dent into the flow of it. It's time to stop this insanity--and legalize marijuana--so we can regulate it and tax it. Prohibition did not work with alcohol--and we have 60 years experience--along with 1 trillion taxpayer dollars wasted-- knowing it hasn't worked with marijuana.

Let me ask you this: should a non-violent drug offender ever be sentenced to more time than a rapist or child molester? When put in the perspective, it becomes very apparent just how flawed America's drug policy is.

All the war on drugs, a war on Americans, has achieved is successfully increasing the value and profitability of drug dealers. Oh, let us not forget about the now privatized and ever expanding prison industry.

Your logic in saying that only marijuana should be legalized is hypocritical and flawed.

Yeah--that's what I am saying--Of course not. Here we are spending 45K per year--per prisoner--for a NON-VIOLENT person--and whom is not considered a THREAT to our society--because they were caught doing illegal drugs.

In order to make room in our prisons for these people--we have to let out violent offenders--meaning child predetors--rapists--murderers--armed robber's--violent gang members--etc. etc. etc.

Here's another example. The state of Florida has become the oxycotton capital of the US--where doctors regularly write out prescriptions for ANYONE seeking pain pills. On a doc this weekend--drug gangs are sending people into Florida--and they gather up around 2000 pills--and then take it back to Mass. to sell. Oxycotton is a schedule 2 drug--Marijuana is still a schedule 1 drug. In the documentary--kids were actually getting addicted and dying from Oxycotten. Yet--the person who gets caught selling it--because it is a schedule 2 drug--would do much less time in a federal prison that some guy selling marijuana on the street--that didn't kill anyone.

Again--I am not for legalizing all drugs. The hard core drugs are cut with chemicals and that's what makes them addictive and that's what kills people. Marijuana is not within this group--and shouldn't be treated as such.

It's not just that you can overdose on oxycontin. Oxycontin is a powerful opiate derived from the same place heroin is. Oxy users eventually turn to heroin because not only does it get you even higher than the oxy pills, but it's much cheaper to sustain the progressing addiction.

It's not just that you can overdose on oxycontin. Oxycontin is a powerful opiate derived from the same place heroin is. Oxy users eventually turn to heroin because not only does it get you even higher than the oxy pills, but it's much cheaper to sustain the progressing addiction.

Yeah--that's what the documentary said. They move to heroin because it is much cheaper to get.

I want to make clear--that I understand where Ron Paul is coming from--BUT--we cannot just legalize all illicit drugs without a clear a present danger to the youth of this country.

Marijuana I wanted legalized--regulated and taxed- just like alcohol-because it is NOT a threat to anyone--and it certainly does not deserve it's schedule 1 status--right up there with crack--cocain--meth and heroin.

Last edited:
Do you own your own body? If so, then by what right does anybody tell you what you can or can't ingest, inhale, inject, or otherwise into it?

I tend to agree with one caveat... if you, under the influence, fuck up and injure someone else in any way, fuck you, you go to jail for a long while.

I'm tired of these drunks runing into shit and these drug addicts stealing anything that isn't nailed down to support their "freedom of choice".

Yeah--that's what the documentary said. They move to heroin because it is much cheaper to get.

I want to make clear--that I understand where Ron Paul is coming from--BUT--we cannot just legalize all illicit drugs without a clear a present danger to the youth of this country.

Marijuana I wanted legalized--regulated and taxed- just like alcohol-because it is NOT a threat to anyone--and it certainly does not deserve it's schedule 1 status--right up there with crack--cocain--meth and heroin.

I'd be ecstatic to see even just marijuana legalized. Let the changes and effects of it happen over time and allow the public to get comfortable with it and then maybe one day we'll try it with another one.

I'd be ecstatic to see even just marijuana legalized. Let the changes and effects of it happen over time and allow the public to get comfortable with it and then maybe one day we'll try it with another one.

Yeah brah... right on!

:eusa_drool:

New Topics

Forum List

Back