Ron Paul on drugs.

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
No, Ron Paul is not on drugs...this is his position on legalizing drugs in his own words:

Q: If you are elected president in 2008, what positive and significant legacy, if any, will you leave for Black Americans?

A: I would like to believe that if we had a freer society, it would take care of Blacks and whites and everybody equally because we’re all individuals. To me, that is so important. But if we had equal justice under the law, I think it would be a big improvement. If we had probably a repeal of most of the federal laws on drugs and the unfairness on how Blacks are treated with these drugs laws, it would be a tremendous improvement.

And also, I think that if you’re going to have prosperity, it serves everybody. And if this is done by emphasizing property rights and freedom of the individuals, making sure that the powerful special interests don’t control Washington, that the military industrial complex doesn’t suck away all the wealth of the country, and then we would have prosperity.

Not just Marijuana...all drugs...crack, coke, meth, heroin...all drugs legalized.

Discuss.

Do you own your own body? If so, then by what right does anybody tell you what you can or can't ingest, inhale, inject, or otherwise into it?

No, Ron Paul is not on drugs...this is his position on legalizing drugs in his own words:

Q: If you are elected president in 2008, what positive and significant legacy, if any, will you leave for Black Americans?

A: I would like to believe that if we had a freer society, it would take care of Blacks and whites and everybody equally because we’re all individuals. To me, that is so important. But if we had equal justice under the law, I think it would be a big improvement. If we had probably a repeal of most of the federal laws on drugs and the unfairness on how Blacks are treated with these drugs laws, it would be a tremendous improvement.

And also, I think that if you’re going to have prosperity, it serves everybody. And if this is done by emphasizing property rights and freedom of the individuals, making sure that the powerful special interests don’t control Washington, that the military industrial complex doesn’t suck away all the wealth of the country, and then we would have prosperity.

Not just Marijuana...all drugs...crack, coke, meth, heroin...all drugs legalized.

Discuss.

I do not agree that all drugs should be legalized--especially the ones that kill people. That would be meth--crack--cocain and heroin.

However--Marijuana--a completely organic plant- should be legalized--regulated and taxed. Estimates are that over 50% of this country uses marijuana-or have used it-and the majority are closet smokers. They come from all walks of life--including professionals--along with hard working--law abiding--tax paying citizens--that prefer marijuana to relax with--versus alcohol. This country simply cannot afford to lock up non violent citizens--simply because they got caught smoking pot.

16 states currently have voter approved medical marijuana. YES there are medical benefits to marijuana--in fact--the largest lobbyist against medical marijuana is none other than the pharmacutical industry in this country. In my medical marijuana state--we are regulated by the state--and have virtually seen no crime involved--unlike alcohol related crime and violence. It has added millions in state tax revenue and also created private sector jobs.

Furthermore there has never been one person that has ended up in an emergency room over an overdose of marijuana--and we certainly can't say that with any other drugs. Yet marijuana is right up there as a schedule 1 substance along with herion--crack/cocain--and now the worst meth. It's ridiculous--and it's all due to 60 years of nonsense propoganda.

We have wasted over 1 trillion tax payer dollars in the 60 year war on marijuana that hasn't even put a dent into the flow of it. It's time to stop this insanity--and legalize marijuana--so we can regulate it and tax it. Prohibition did not work with alcohol--and we have 60 years experience--along with 1 trillion taxpayer dollars wasted-- knowing it hasn't worked with marijuana.

Last edited:
It's called freedom. How hard is that to understand?

Freedom means you are free to do as you wish, knowing there are consequences.

If a store owner wants to put up "Chinese only", with freedom the person can. If there are enough Chinese to support his business, good for him. If not, or if the majority of Chinese decide not to shop there because he won't allow others, then the business fails.

Freedom means unless you directly harm someone (discrimination doesn't count), you do as you want.

Wipe your tears. Pussies aren't fit to be free.

Last edited:
Ron Paul is older than McCain. 75 years old and fading fast. Third oldest president candidate in history. Older than Dole and McCain.

If a store owner wants to put up "Chinese only", with freedom the person can. If there are enough Chinese to support his business, good for him. If not, or if the majority of Chinese decide not to shop there because he won't allow others, then the business fails.

Freedom means unless you directly harm someone (discrimination doesn't count), you do as you wish.

But your big girl panties on. Pussies aren't fit to be free.

Its called stupid. Who wants to drive on streets with people loaded on drugs like heroin, cocaine and marijuana and god only know what else. Meth heads are the most dangerous because it makes them paranoid.
Druggies on the streeets is a danger to us all.

Ron Paul is older than McCain. 75 years old and fading fast. Third oldest president candidate in history. Older than Dole and McCain.

I thought age discrimination was bad, like racial discrimination?

Actually, you're perfectly fine by me. You don't want to hire someone based on age and are using your freedom to not have to do so. Wouldn't it suck if regulation was passed that concealed (or worse yet mandated you hire old people) a person running for an office's age?

Discuss.

I do not agree that all drugs should be legalized--especially the ones that kill people. That would be meth--crack--cocain, heroin, asprin, alcohol, tobacco and raw milk (oh wait that's already illegal).

However--Marijuana--a completely organic plant--should be legalized--regulated and taxed. I would imagine that 50% of this country uses marijuana-or have used it-and many are closet smokers. They come from all walks of life--including professionals--along with hard working--law abiding--tax paying citizens--that prefer marijuana to relax with--versus alcohol.

16 states currently have voter approved medical marijuana--and their states haven't blown up yet--LOL. In my medical marijuana state our crime and violence comes from alcohol--not marijuana.

Furthermore there has never been on person that has ended up in an emergency room over an overdose of marijuana--and we certainly can't say that with our legal drugs-- alcohol and prescription drugs.

We have wasted over 1 trillion tax payer dollars in the 60 year war on marijuana that hasn't even put a dent into the flow of it. It's time to stop this insanity--and legalize marijuana--so we can regulate it and tax it.

I have added a few to your list... I don't understand why we want to make anything illegal. Why in the hell do we need laws to determine the content of our blood? I just don't get it. If we would end the war on drugs, raise the penalties for offenses (violent especially) and hammer career and violent criminals then our money would be much better spend. If you assault someone throw an extra 10 years on, mandatory, if you have a mind altering substance in your blood. (Stay in your house if you gonna get blazed.) That goes for alcohol too.

Why, other than potential danger to others would you want to have a war on drugs? If you stop putting people in jail for crimes they might commit (the only argument for drug wars) then you can afford to put people in jail for a long long time for crimes they do commit. Oh and about the taxes, maybe... but the reason to legalize this stuff is not because we can tax it, it is because we are a free people.

Mike

Discuss.

I liked his answer. He doesn't want to improve life for black Americans he wants to improve it for all Americans. I kind of thought the question was asked to make him stumble. If he would have said anything that was typically stereotypical of black Americans he would have gotten raked over the coals. Its one of the better handling of a "gotcha" questions I've seen in a long time.

Mike

Freedom means unless you directly harm someone (discrimination doesn't count), you do as you wish.

Its called stupid. Who wants to drive on streets with people loaded on drugs like heroin, cocaine and marijuana and god only know what else. Meth heads are the most dangerous because it makes them paranoid.

It's called no one. No o e wants that.

Reality check: you do already. Every day you drive, someone on the road with you is FUCKED up on some paranoia causing drug.

Does freedom mean people can drive FUCKED up? Uh, no.

Driving on a tax payer funded road means abiding by certain rules for common safety. Being FUCKED up violates common safety. Therefore being FUCKED up and driving has consequences if you are caught. Much like right now.

they are there now.....so what changes?....and i bet the drunk driver is more dangerous than anyone of these other guys......if you are against legalizing Pot and the other ones,are you for making Alcohol and Cigarettes Illegal.....they kill more than anyone of these....

Uh--how many people does our legal drug (alcohol) kill each year--:cuckoo: Every single day--there is an alcohol related death due to violence. Neighbors shooting neighbors--domestic violence calls all night long--due to alcohol. You don't get those kind of calls with marijuana.

All you need to do is ask a cop. Would they rather deal with a drunk--or someone who has been smoking pot. Want to guess what their answer will be?--LOL Now I am with you on crack/cocain--herion and meth. These are very dangerous drugs--but Marijuana is an organic plant and it has yet to put anyone in the emergency room over an overdose of it.

Last edited:

Freedom means unless you directly harm someone (discrimination doesn't count), you do as you want.

I agree, freedom means freedom. You deny blacks & they burn your joint down. That is freedom and equality. LOL!!:lol:

I agree, freedom means freedom. You deny blacks & they burn your joint
down. That is freedom and equality. LOL!!:lol:

Equality is garbage. There is no such thing. Nature knows no equality.

There are a lot of really dumb blacks and some smart ones. Is that equality? No. It's nature. It's just the way things are. Trying to use a social construct (government) to enforce a completely unnatural notion of equality is manifestation of intellectual dishonesty.

If whitey denies blacks a seat in his restaurant, no direct harm. No foul. If bitter blacks burn whiteys restaurant down. That's harm and a foul. If said blackies in return open a restaurant that says "no whites", I wish them the best.

Paul explains in here.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJow2ALVirk]Ron Paul Explains Why It's OK To Legalize Heroin - YouTube[/ame]

Discuss.

I do not agree that all drugs should be legalized--especially the ones that kill people. That would be meth--crack--cocain and heroin.

However--Marijuana--a completely organic plant- should be legalized--regulated and taxed. Estimates are that over 50% of this country uses marijuana-or have used it-and the majority are closet smokers. They come from all walks of life--including professionals--along with hard working--law abiding--tax paying citizens--that prefer marijuana to relax with--versus alcohol. This country simply cannot afford to lock up non violent citizens--simply because they got caught smoking pot.

16 states currently have voter approved medical marijuana. YES there are medical benefits to marijuana--in fact--the largest lobbyist against medical marijuana is none other than the pharmacutical industry in this country. In my medical marijuana state--we are regulated by the state--and have virtually seen no crime involved--unlike alcohol related crime and violence. It has added millions in state tax revenue and also created private sector jobs.

Furthermore there has never been one person that has ended up in an emergency room over an overdose of marijuana--and we certainly can't say that with any other drugs. Yet marijuana is right up there as a schedule 1 substance along with herion--crack/cocain--and now the worst meth. It's ridiculous--and it's all due to 60 years of nonsense propoganda.

We have wasted over 1 trillion tax payer dollars in the 60 year war on marijuana that hasn't even put a dent into the flow of it. It's time to stop this insanity--and legalize marijuana--so we can regulate it and tax it. Prohibition did not work with alcohol--and we have 60 years experience--along with 1 trillion taxpayer dollars wasted-- knowing it hasn't worked with marijuana.
drugs that kill people alcohol ,nicotine these are drugs of choose cocaine is a drug of choose whats the differance

so why dont we ban alcohol then ?
just because i drug is legal doesnt mean everyone will use or abuse it
and be on the streets

Forum List

Back