Ron Johnson booed at Juneteenth celebration

folks, towns, cities, states have been celebrating juneteeth for as long as it happened

it’s a great thing to celebrate and recognize. Being against giving federal employees yet another paid day off doesn’t mean you don’t suppers recognition of the event.
The last federal holiday in US was MLK in 1983. Racists fought that one tooth & nail too!
Voting against another Federal holiday doesn’t mean they don’t like the person or event it is being named after.

By the way, never heard the Hussein fight for this holiday that is supposedly always celebrated. Can you even dig up one mention from the Hussein Regime?
How far do you want to go? How about 2003, when he was in the Illinois Senate?

In 2003, he was one of many co-sponsors of SB1028, a bill that made Juneteenth a state-recognized holiday in Illinois.

According to White House archives, during his time in the Oval Office, Obama made an official White House statement regarding Juneteenth on seven separate occasions, beginning during his first year in office in 2009

Next time, do some research instead of asking dumb questions. Will help you look less of a fool. Good luck. :itsok:

folks, towns, cities, states have been celebrating juneteeth for as long as it happened

it’s a great thing to celebrate and recognize. Being against giving federal employees yet another paid day off doesn’t mean you don’t suppers recognition of the event.
The last federal holiday in US was MLK in 1983. Racists fought that one tooth & nail too!
Voting against another Federal holiday doesn’t mean they don’t like the person or event it is being named after.

By the way, never heard the Hussein fight for this holiday that is supposedly always celebrated. Can you even dig up one mention from the Hussein Regime?
Your memory is short and selective.
Yea, a canned press release statement no one paid attention to and probably never seen by him much less written. So where are the Tweets?
You didn’t read the story.

Juneteenth celebrates Republicans telling Blacks that Democrats were lying to them. It's perfectly appropriate for a Republican to attend a Juneteenth celebration, especially in light of the fact that a Republican President led the effort to outlaw slavery, and Republicans passed the Civil Rights Act of the 60s...all while the Dems owned slaves, formed the KKK and passed Jim Crow laws.

The Dems continue their efforts to gaslight Blacks into thinking that Republicans/Conservatives are evil - but Dems are the biggest Racist Oppressors in the U.S.
Oh Lordy, more about the “Party of Lincoln” and Dixiecrats? Spare us :rolleyes-41:

^^^ Diagnosis: Gaslit Stooge with Persistent Ignorance of History ^^^
Lincoln wouldn’t waste his spittle on today’s Republican Party.
Well, he was clearly a white supremacist, given his comments regarding equality of whites and blacks (stating that he would never allow blacks to have equality).

Don't take my word for it. Go look up what he said about it.

So I would assume that he would probably be a Democrat today right?
No, I think Lincoln would have left the R Party in sometime in the early 90’s when Republicans tossed intellectual conservatism under the bus. He’d be an Indy and most certainly would have loathed Donald Trump.
He would have hated Trump. But, I think he would have been hated by a lot of people himself, given that he stated many times that the African race was not equal to the White race.

Juneteenth celebrates Republicans telling Blacks that Democrats were lying to them. It's perfectly appropriate for a Republican to attend a Juneteenth celebration, especially in light of the fact that a Republican President led the effort to outlaw slavery, and Republicans passed the Civil Rights Act of the 60s...all while the Dems owned slaves, formed the KKK and passed Jim Crow laws.

The Dems continue their efforts to gaslight Blacks into thinking that Republicans/Conservatives are evil - but Dems are the biggest Racist Oppressors in the U.S.
Oh Lordy, more about the “Party of Lincoln” and Dixiecrats? Spare us :rolleyes-41:

^^^ Diagnosis: Gaslit Stooge with Persistent Ignorance of History ^^^
Lincoln wouldn’t waste his spittle on today’s Republican Party.
Well, he was clearly a white supremacist, given his comments regarding equality of whites and blacks (stating that he would never allow blacks to have equality).

Don't take my word for it. Go look up what he said about it.

So I would assume that he would probably be a Democrat today right?
No, I think Lincoln would have left the R Party in sometime in the early 90’s when Republicans tossed intellectual conservatism under the bus. He’d be an Indy and most certainly would have loathed Donald Trump.
He would have hated Trump. But, I think he would have been hated by a lot of people himself, given that he stated many times that the African race was not equal to the White race.
Could you please link me to a sampling of those many quotes?

Hey RonAnon - When you fight something tooth and nail for years, maybe think about doing something else on the day that thing is celebrated. :rolleyes-41:

Hot topic.. ouch..

So as I understand the bill that just passed...
If your NOT a federal employee then this bill aint for you.
The only ones who benefit a paid holiday are federal workers.
So all you non- federal workers, you get to foot the bill for them.

I believe this is the reason why Johnson opposed the bill in the first place.
It's not racially motivated, although some would try to make you think that.

But the concept of a federal holiday for the sake of Juneteenth He did not oppose.
And it passed both the house and the senate, signed into law with overwhelming support from both sides the aisle.

And I think it's awesome. Another holiday. Another long weekend to spend with your family and friends.
I mean.. FAMILY TIME is VERY IMPORTANT today.
Embrace it, cherish it.
What a day to celebrate. The total abolishment of Slavery even to those who were the last to know.

God Bless America!!
Hugs
:)

Hey RonAnon - When you fight something tooth and nail for years, maybe think about doing something else on the day that thing is celebrated. :rolleyes-41:

I cant imagine ANY Juneteenth celebration went well. :laugh:

Nah they were all pretty great. At least the ones where racist Q-Kooks didn’t crash the party ;)

Nah they were all pretty great. At least the ones where racist Q-Kooks didn’t crash the party ;)

Riiiight. :laugh:

Oh, did you crash one too? ;)

BTW, I might owe you a minor apology. Your racism in another thread was only veiled as opposed to blatant.

BTW, I might owe you a minor apology. Your racism in another thread was only veiled as opposed to blatant.

I dont believe in racial superiority. All races are equal, all cultures on the other hand are not.

I dont believe in racial superiority. All races are equal, all cultures on the other hand are not.

Perhaps that is because you lack the intellectual curiosity to study other cultures?
Can’t say that for sure, just a hunch.

Mutual admiration celebrations of dysfunction are unwise to attend unless you are part of the messed up bunch

Perhaps that is because you lack the intellectual curiosity to study other cultures?
Can’t say that for sure, just a hunch.

I have an entire lifetime of experience with other cultures. Your hunch is weird and off topic.

Yeah, that's why q-anon Ron was against it.

View attachment 503630
yeah read his statements about it.

why do you think he was?

Show us a video of the big Juneteenth celebrations last year that Trump took part in...
Got it! :laughing0301:

huh? that was in May in SA

Well, He should have brought Alex with him.

03.gif

Forum List

Back