Ron Johnson and Rick Scott want to end Medicare and SS.

Well, those unlucky enough to be in that boat are barely scraping by. Maybe have some compassion.
I do. The inflation you voted for is straining the food shelters and making many miserable. I think you need the compassion for what you people did

You wait. This economy is good now relative to what is waiting

I do have compassion. I have showed untold clients how not to rely on SS for retirement. did my part

I do. The inflation you voted for is straining the food shelters and making many miserable. I think you need the compassion for what you people did

You wait. This economy is good now relative to what is waiting

I do have compassion. I have showed untold clients how not to rely on SS for retirement. did my part

You really don't know what you're talking about, but I'm glad you're doing well financially.

55 Profitable Companies That Avoided All Federal Income Taxes in 2020​

Sort alphabetical, by profit, tax, rate or industry
------------------------------------------------------
start with them paying tax.
/----/ I stopped reading after your first lie. Get back to us when you gain even the slightest understanding of how corporations are taxed on many levels:
FedEx pays all its taxes owed to local, state, federal, and foreign governments.
FedEx invested billions in capital items eligible for accelerated depreciation and made large contributions to our employee pension plans. These factors have temporarily reduced our federal income tax, which was the law’s intention to help grow GDP, create jobs, and increase wages.

Fact: FedEx takes pride in being a good public citizen providing excellent service to its customers while paying its full share of taxes.

Fact: As of our fiscal year ended May 31, 2021, FedEx has paid nearly $2 billion in U.S. federal income tax over the last 10 years.

Fact: FedEx paid nearly $9 billion in total taxes in the U.S. (federal and state income, excise, property, payroll, sales, and use) during the five fiscal years 2017 - 2021.

Fact: FedEx paid over $1 billion in total foreign taxes (federal, provincial property, and payroll) in FY21 in our foreign jurisdictions.

Fact: FedEx has collected and remitted over $21 billion in taxes in the U.S. (federal, state and local payroll taxes; customs duties; and state & local sales tax) during the last five fiscal years, contributing to tax revenues of the U.S. federal, state, and local governments and bearing our share of the compliance cost of the tax system.

Fact: Prior to the 2017 tax reform, FedEx had not reported an effective tax rate on its profits of less than 33% in over 30 years.

Fact: The FedEx effective income tax rates for the last five fiscal years (June–May) were 21.6% in 2021, 23.0% in 2020, 17.6% in 2019, (5.0%) in 2018 (this rate is an anomaly due to the impact of the 2017 tax reform), and 34.6% in 2017. The 2019 rate was inordinately low due to the tax impact of a large non-cash mark-to-market adjustment related to our retirement plans; otherwise, our effective tax rate would have approximated the U.S. statutory income tax rate.

Fact: Our tax information is publicly available in our annual Form 10-K and quarterly Forms 10-Q filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission.

Fact: FedEx contributes to the communities where we live and work. In the last three years alone, we donated over $160 million in direct charitable contributions, including disaster relief, United Way, and Direct Relief, among many other efforts.

Fact: Before the 2017 tax reform, a strong bipartisan majority in Congress passed accelerated depreciation deductions for the years 2008 through 2019 to encourage companies like FedEx to invest in new capital assets in the U.S. and create new jobs. The 2017 tax reform extended and enhanced this provision until 2026. Economists widely agree that there is a near perfect correlation between capital investment and jobs. These deductions are only temporary, with higher depreciation and lower taxes early in the life of a new capital asset offset by lower depreciation, but higher taxes, later in that asset’s life.

I mean that isn’t true, but man it would be based if it were true.

We need a filibuster and veto proof majority to think the way they don’t and you are afraid of.

Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.) said Wednesday that Social Security and Medicare should be up for congressional approval each year, instead of staying under their current status as federal entitlement programs.

“Social Security and Medicare, if you qualify for the entitlement, you just get it no matter what the cost,” Johnson said in an interview that aired Tuesday on “The Regular Joe Show” podcast.

GOP's new plan: Raise taxes on working people, end Social Security and Medicare​

Let the republicans in congress, it will be the end of SS and Medicare as we know it. What would these people in WI and Florida do with Medicare and SS.

Take the SS cap off, it should be there anyway. Medicare is going towards private anyway, they will hike the prices up when a certain % age have Medicare Advantage Plan (private)
Must be election time, here comes the democrat propaganda right on time.

Dems, the party of scaring old people.

When they start talking (insert gop politician here) is going to defund medicare and/or SS you know they are in desperation mode. :laughing0301:

Are you saying that the aforementioned Republicans didn’t say that it should be changed? It shouldn’t be an entitlement?

It's been what republicans have wanted to do for decades, end SS and medicare.
Look what they did with pensions and unions.

But the military industrial complex will get their $$$.
NOT necessarily the veterans either.

Such, "patriots".
The money will go to more taxes for the rich.

Dems, the party of scaring old people.

When they start talking (insert gop politician here) is going to defund medicare and/or SS you know they are in desperation mode. :laughing0301:
If old people are not frightened by the proposals of Ron Johnson and Rick Scott they should be.

Tell that to the working class whites who vote Republican.

If you have a job and are voting Republican then you know you are a lot better off taking care of your own retirement and health care without government interference.

Of course if you are a stupid Democrat Moon Bat that can't wipe your own ass without government assistance then you would think differently.

Tell that to the working class whites who vote Republican.

You mean like the working class country employees in Galveston Texas that were able to opt out of Social Security and Medicare and made more than twice the amount in retirement than they would have got with that Social Security scam? Better health care insurance than would have got with Medicare?

Social Security is nothing more than a Ponzi Scheme and Medicare (along with the other Federal Health Care regulations) has fucked up health care in this country.

How about you taking care of your retirement and your health care and I'll take care of mine and we work together to stop the government from fucking everything up? Sounds good?

The Hill, 6/13/19

In a Hill-HarrisX survey of registered voters, majorities of GOP respondents said they did not support reducing federal spending in all 19 budget areas listed, from foreign aid and unemployment relief to infrastructure and education...

Republicans were much less interested in cutting spending in other budget areas. Reducing funds for environmental protection was the next-most popular idea, but endorsed by only 24 percent of GOP respondents. Fifty-one percent of Republicans said they wanted to keep environmental spending the same, with 25 percent saying they wanted more funding...

The Hill-HarrisX findings parallel recent surveys from the Pew Research Center which found little public support across partisan lines for reducing government spending. A study published in April by Pew found that Republican and Democratic support for more federal spending has increased since it polled on the topic in 2013.

In the Hill-HarrisX survey, a majority of participants wanted increased federal spending on health care, infrastructure, veterans benefits, education, Social Security and Medicare.

The Hill, 6/13/19

In a Hill-HarrisX survey of registered voters, majorities of GOP respondents said they did not support reducing federal spending in all 19 budget areas listed, from foreign aid and unemployment relief to infrastructure and education...

Republicans were much less interested in cutting spending in other budget areas. Reducing funds for environmental protection was the next-most popular idea, but endorsed by only 24 percent of GOP respondents. Fifty-one percent of Republicans said they wanted to keep environmental spending the same, with 25 percent saying they wanted more funding...

The Hill-HarrisX findings parallel recent surveys from the Pew Research Center which found little public support across partisan lines for reducing government spending. A study published in April by Pew found that Republican and Democratic support for more federal spending has increased since it polled on the topic in 2013.

In the Hill-HarrisX survey, a majority of participants wanted increased federal spending on health care, infrastructure, veterans benefits, education, Social Security and Medicare.

The US economy is currently in a recession with historically high inflation. That tends to alter public opinion.

The US economy is currently in a recession with historically high inflation. That tends to alter public opinion.
Social Security and Medicare have always been popular. Republican politicians fearfully refer to them as "the third rail." They have never liked them, but they know that if they touch them they will get a terrible shock.

New Topics

Forum List

Back