Romney's weird concession

Statistikhengst

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2013
deep within the statistical brain!!
Now, this is the Daily News, so I am gonna wait for an independent source before swearing by this, but what is written is very, very interesting:

Obama irritated by Romney s 2012 concession David Axelrod - NY Daily News

President Obama was shocked and irritated by Mitt Romney's concession call in the 2012 presidential election - and claimed Romney insinuated that Obama won only by getting out the black vote, according to a new book by presidential campaign strategist David Axelrod.

Obama was "unsmiling during the call, and slightly irritated when it was over," Axelrod writes.

The president hung up and said Romney admitted he was surprised at his own loss, Axelrod wrote.

"'You really did a great job of getting the vote out in places like Cleveland and Milwaukee,' in other words, black people,'" Obama said, paraphrasing Romney. "That's what he thinks this was all about."

Oy, Gewalt.

Alexrod is just trying to sell books, but ironically - that is part of the reason they won.

• Banned
Alexrod is just trying to sell books, but ironically - that is part of the reason they won.

Well, sure, the uptick in the black vote and the Latino vote certainly helped, but it was only part of the equation. It sure doesn't explain how Obama won VT, NH, ME, RI, WI, MN, IA, OR, WA, just to name some - states that are overwhelmingly white in demographic. Sorry, we don't live in the year 1952 any more and we aren't going back to 1952, either.

But, if Romney really said this, and considering how racist some Mormons can be, this would not surprise me at all, it really shows a pretty disgusting mindset.

Like, I wrote right at the top, I am waiting for a second source on this.

A second source besides Alexrod claiming Romney said that, or a second source claiming that is what is in Alexrod's book? The first you won't find, the latter you will.

Last edited:

Well, sure, the uptick in the black vote and the Latino vote certainly helped, but it was only part of the equation. It sure doesn't explain how Obama won VT, NH, ME, RI, WI, MN, IA, OR, WA, just to name some - states that are overwhelmingly white in demographic. Sorry, we don't live in the year 1952 any more and we aren't going back to 1952, either.

But, if Romney really said this, and considering how racist some Mormons can be, this would not surprise me at all, it really shows a pretty disgusting mindset.

Why are you acting like there's something racist about what I said? If Romney said it there's nothing racist about it - it's the truth.

You mad, bro?

If you are talking to me - no. I know part of the reason Obozo won is they made a concerted effort to bring blacks out to vote. There's nothing racists about telling the truth. If you're going to say saying that is racist it just makes you look foolish.

Now as far as Axlerod is concerned - I wouldn't put it past him that he's making it up. That's what people like him do - they exploit the race card for gain. Axlerod being Obozo's former campaign manager is an expert at that.

Romney publicly whined that Obama won because he gave gifts to negroes. Axelrod is not revealing any new information except that Romney also whined the same thing in his concession call.

Romney publicly whined that Obama won because he gave gifts to negroes. Axelrod is not revealing any new information except that Romney also whined the same thing in his concession call.

Yepp. And then the GOP scratches it's elephanty head and wonders why it, wonder of wonders, cannot make any inroads into the minority vote.

Forum List

Back