Romney's Plan

The problem is that this is just a plan. The chances of Romney following through with more than 5 of those points is slim to none.

You guys are being swayed by fancy talk and bulletin points, just like Obama supporters were swayed by all that hope and change BS. It's rather sad to see.

Romney's financial instincts would make him better than Obama. Period. He is trustworthy to that extent. Even if he can't achieve everything he plans, he couldn't possibly botch things the way Obama has.

Obama has no fiscally responsible fiber in his body.

In your opinion.

Look it's clear that Barack Obama hasn't a clue as to what he is doing.

So he did a repeat of FDR's policies--when we actually needed roads and bridges. Today we have major highways-that criss/cross this country--and if we needed a bridge--we built one.

What Obama failed to realize--is that what took thousands of men with shovels back in the 30's can now be done with a couple of heavy equipment operators. What permits were issued overnight in the 30's--now takes years of engineering a design. And what was a labor force of primarily men in the 30's--is today 50% women who typically don't do road and bridge work.

Romney was right when he stated that Barack Obama's failed economic policy is to keep plugging quarters into a pay phone booth--when we're in the smart phone century.

Last edited:
Litsten tonight to the debate. Really listen and while listening forget about Obama and consider the remarks of those who want to be our next president.

Keep these definitions in mind:

A leader has a vision, and is able to express the vision in terms of mission statements that those he hopes to lead will buy into and support.

A charlatan is a person who pretends or claims to have more knowledge or skill than he or she possesses.

A demagogue is a person, especially an orator or political leader, who gains power and popularity by arousing the emotions, passions, and prejudices of the people.

An opportunist is someone who adapts actions, decisions, etc., to effectiveness regardless of the sacrifice of ethical principles: in the extreme s/he always thinks the ends justify the means.

Take making a decision on who gets your vote seriously, consider not only what they say but what they've done (and don't believe everything written or spoken about them is the whole truth - either negative or positive).

The Obama speech Bingo Card--BOLO for his usual catch phrases to win!

ObamaBingo.jpg

:lol:

Let's play!1

It's such a liberal progressive game...everyone will win LOL~

I was just thinking of making a similar thread.

This plan, aside from being an ACTUAL PLAN that we can measure, actually sounds smart to me and echos ideas that were successful in the past.

Romney Promises 11.5 Million Jobs In Sweeping Economic Plan | Fox News
Romney aims at Republican center with economy plan - Entertainment - Celebrities - TODAY.com

The problem is that this is just a plan. The chances of Romney following through with more than 5 of those points is slim to none.

You guys are being swayed by fancy talk and bulletin points, just like Obama supporters were swayed by all that hope and change BS. It's rather sad to see.

Romney's financial instincts would make him better than Obama. Period. He is trustworthy to that extent. Even if he can't achieve everything he plans, he couldn't possibly botch things the way Obama has.

A politician be trustworthy!? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL:lmao::lmao:

To think that a politician can't fuck things up worse than his predecessor is being extremely naive.

To think that a politician can't fuck things up worse than his predecessor is being extremely naive.

True--but you've got to give your best shot with the most experienced candidate--and by experience I don't mean political--I mean real rubber to the road business experience (owning a business) in the private sector.

True--but you've got to give your best shot with the most experienced candidate--and by experience I don't mean political--I mean real rubber to the road business experience (owning a business) in the private sector.

Again, to think that just because he has business experience means he will do anything beneficial for the country is being extremely naive.

What has his voting and legislative record been? It's been that of a status quo, liberal leaning, flip flopper, who will say whatever is politically expedient. But I guess if you're willing to look past that and vote based on nothing but business experience and the ability to beat Obama, then maybe he's your man. He certainly isn't mine, I care just a little too much about this country to vote for someone like him.

THIS is why Romney is the right man for the job...right now!

Believe in America

This plan, aside from being an ACTUAL PLAN that we can measure, actually sounds smart to me and echos ideas that were successful in the past.

Romney aims at Republican center with economy plan - Entertainment - Celebrities - TODAY.com

Agreed

We need someone in office with a lot of business experience--and that is what has been so lacking at the Federal Government level. There is no better experience that one who has owned and managed a business--because they learn from their "wallet."

Right now--we have an administration and congress that is littered with LAWYERS--many who have not gotten their hands dirty at any other type of private sector work--much less owned and operated their own business.

Overall--we have some problems with All GOP candidates--but we must remember who would be able to attract the independent vote in this country--because in reality it is they that choose who the next President will be. I think Mitt Romney is best suited to do that--simply because he doesn't jump off of the cliff on social issues. He believes in States rights--and that is one of the things I like to hear. I am so tired of the Federal Government taking over roles that should be left up to the States.

Mitt Romney is looking real good to me right now-- also.

See my earlier post where I defined "Leader" "Charlatan" "Demagogue" and "Opportunist".

I'm not suggesting Romeny can be so easily characterized, it's up to each of us to listen to his comments and judge him by the words he issues. Thus far I see not a leader, but an opportunist and a demagogue.

Perry is clearly an opportunist, and a charlatan; Buchmann & Palin are opportunists, charlatans and demagogues; Ron Paul is an enigma, and probably the most 'real'; Rick Santorum and Herman Cain are not leaders, both are charlatans and demagogues and bring only ambition to the table; and, Ron Huntsman is also an opportunist, he knows the rest of the field lacks the skills, ability and intelligence to ever be considered qualified to be POTUS.

Agreed

We need someone in office with a lot of business experience--and that is what has been so lacking at the Federal Government level. There is no better experience that one who has owned and managed a business--because they learn from their "wallet."

Right now--we have an administration and congress that is littered with LAWYERS--many who have not gotten their hands dirty at any other type of private sector work--much less owned and operated their own business.

Overall--we have some problems with All GOP candidates--but we must remember who would be able to attract the independent vote in this country--because in reality it is they that choose who the next President will be. I think Mitt Romney is best suited to do that--simply because he doesn't jump off of the cliff on social issues. He believes in States rights--and that is one of the things I like to hear. I am so tired of the Federal Government taking over roles that should be left up to the States.

See my earlier post where I defined "Leader" "Charlatan" "Demagogue" and "Opportunist".

I'm not suggesting Romeny can be so easily characterized, it's up to each of us to listen to his comments and judge him by the words he issues. Thus far I see not a leader, but an opportunist and a demagogue.

Perry is clearly an opportunist, and a charlatan; Buchmann & Palin are opportunists, charlatans and demagogues; Ron Paul is an enigma, and probably the most 'real'; Rick Santorum and Herman Cain are not leaders, both are charlatans and demagogues and bring only ambition to the table; and, Ron Huntsman is also an opportunist, he knows the rest of the field lacks the skills, ability and intelligence to ever be considered qualified to be POTUS.

So everyone is an oppotunist--charlatans--and demagogues? Look Ron Paul is not going to win this--and he knows it too--the ONLY thing you can hope for is that some of these candidates go along with some of his ideas. I like Ron Paul--BUT--his foreign policy is too scary for me.

Iran with Nukes????

Agreed

So everyone is an oppotunist--charlatans--and demagogues? Look Ron Paul is not going to win this--and he knows it too--the ONLY thing you can hope for is that some of these candidates go along with some of his ideas. I like Ron Paul--BUT--his foreign policy is too scary for me.

Iran with Nukes????

Yep. I've listened to all of them. I voted for Obama but have been sadly disappointed; no one on the right, no wannabee R candidate offers anything (except Paul) that is not "ain't it awful, cut taxes, cut regulations" bullshit.

If honest, those who support anyone of the potential GOP nominations would admit each candidate fails the test of leadership. All of them attack Obama and say they will cut taxes and cut regulations. Charlatans and demagogues each and everyone of them. Unitl one of them demonstrates an ability to think outside the box of polical correctness, and offer real, practical solutions to our on-going problems I'll again vote for Obama.

LOL. Sure. Much like the great recession was Obama's fault as well as the collapse of the housing market. You would be better served by rewriting history after those of us who experienced it as a current event are dead.

WTF are you talking about? You misunderstood the graph not me!

The housing market collapse can be directly tied to policies legislated and pushed for by democrats then by republicans.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MGT_cSi7Rs]Shocking Video Unearthed Democrats in their own words Covering up the Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac Scam that caused our Economic Crisis - YouTube[/ame]

oh god you are one of those.....like we needed another

:eek:Oh no...I have been called one of "those". :cool:

The timeline refers to the stimulus in relation to job loss! The Stimulus WAS Obama's recovery effort-the graph illuminates its failure.

LOL. Sure. Much like the great recession was Obama's fault as well as the collapse of the housing market. You would be better served by rewriting history after those of us who experienced it as a current event are dead.

Both those things were caused by progressive ideals and policies put forth by both parties such as the equal opportunity lending act (that was directly responsible for the housing crash that helped crash the economy, along with the greed of individuals in the govt, the banks, and the greed of individual borrowers)

Hi Wry....i still want to talk about this.

Forum List

Back