Romney

clevergirl

Gold Member
Oct 22, 2009
I know that many of my fellow republican's are not keen on Romney. I admit that at first I was not so much either- Then I started listening to him. The guy is just what we need in this economic climate. His ideas WILL work at jump-starting the economy. He understands what kind of policy and legislation is necessary to loosen the purse strings of business and investors.

Does it really matter if he's anti gay marriage? Is gay marriage really what's driving our economic downturn?

We have had 4 years of charm and charisma- Obama the perfect representation of an empty suit. Perry is a loose cannon; Paul is an ideological theorist, important voice- with unrealistic positions. Bachmann IMO is not proving real leadership when she backs down from questions about her evangelicalism and uses TEA Party affiliation as her own personal voting block.

I think Romney understands that the priority needs to be the economy. That he knows exactly how to implement the necessary repairs to start our economic engine.

I'd prefer Romney over Perry or any other repub, but I also prefer any of them over Obama.

Yes, I agree, anyone BUT Obama~ That said, we, would be prudent to pick the candidate best suited to show business and investors that they can feel confident again.

We have not had 4 years of Obama.

Dont let the facts get in the way of your hate

I predicted a Romney/Bachman ticket to try and maximize the crazy vote. The more I think about it though, I don't know that that set up could beat Obama. I think if Romney/Perry were the ticket, you guys have a shot and if the ticket is Perry/Bachman, you win in a landslide and all of us liberals move to Canada just before the U.S. invades Mexico. You know "for the children".

Link

<snip>
But Southerners shouldn’t rule out Romney and Romney is certainly right to not give up the South without a fight. Not only did he do well in Florida the last time around, as he pointed out, but, surprisingly, he’s also consistently polled well this cycle in South Carolina, the semblance seat of Southern graciousness. Republican voters in the South no less than in any other region want a Republican candidate who can capture the whole country and, right now, Romney looks to be that (he obviously does well in the East, for example, and he’s the leader in the Midwest, too). So, too, do they want a candidate who can capture independents. Of course, that could be either Romney or Perry. In Florida, for example, independent voters would favor either Romney or Perry over a president who performed poorly during the debt ceiling debate. Point is: It’s hard to see Romney beating out Perry in the South, but it could happen, especially if he keeps his head down and campaigns assiduously across the country. In this, as in anything, humility and hard work go a long way. <snip>

You should change your name to "EasilyFooledGirl".

Oh come on now, you can do better then that ...how about an opinion based in fact, on why I am wrong to think Romney would be the best candidate, suited to our economic trouble?

You guys created one hell of a mess and are now fighting all attempts to solve the problems

We have not had 4 years of Obama.

Dont let the facts get in the way of your hate

Oh please, OK, almost 3 years. Tragically for our country it will be 4 years before we can can Obama The Blamer.

Under whos watch did the economy collapse?

Under Bush our economy began to show signs of collapse in August of 08. Under Bush several attempts were made to deal with Fannie and Freddy. Under Bush we had TARP, which BTW, has been paid back...under Obama and democrats who controlled both houses for 5 years, we had complete economic stagnation; inflation; and a downgrade of our credit rating.

So they'll stay home and elect Obama over Romney? NOPE

I did not say that.

They would rather stay home and vote for neither one.

But your point is moot.

Because Romney you will never get the nomination.

The southern states will make sure of that. :cool:

That may be- but if he gets Florida and South Carolina (he has polled well in both) - add in independents and moderates from the midwest (he does well with them) he has a fighting chance.

First of all, I am Republican and always have been.

I believe that Obama will win in 2012.

All the Republican party has come up with for candidates is RINO's, nut cases, and has-beens. :doubt:

Forum List

Back