Romney to run 30 min informercial

See, this is a strategic mistake on Romney's part.

He should not have announced it until a few hours before they run.

no it advantage as it gives obama little time to counter it

To have that much tv time is big factor in winning swing states.

obama did same thing in 2008 and romney doing it now

President got to match this otherwise he be destoryed in terms of tv advertsing.

President got to match this otherwise he be destoryed in terms of tv advertsing.
The thing is, if he announced it six hours before releasing it, that would give him a good 36 to 48 hours before any response could be created.

Release the infomercial a day before the election and he'll get the last word.

I think its a strategic mistake on his part.

The thing is, if he announced it six hours before releasing it, that would give him a good 36 to 48 hours before any response could be created.

I don,t agree as any long informical can have massive impact on a swing states with less then two weeks to go.

so i can only see a advantage for him with such big air time.

I understand why you're saying this, but actually it's a good thing to let us know as soon as possible. If he waited until 6 hours before, then many people wouldn't have even heard about it and would miss the whole thing. He wants people to know so whoever wants to watch will be able to. If a lot of people don't know about it, he's wasting a lot of money!

I understand why you're saying this, but actually it's a good thing to let us know as soon as possible. If he waited until 6 hours before, then many people wouldn't have even heard about it and would miss the whole thing. He wants people to know so whoever wants to watch will be able to. If a lot of people don't know about it, he's wasting a lot of money!
he get people in swing states to watch it.

anyway it try keep up this good news for romney and less for the president

he get people in swing states to watch it.

anyway it try keep up this good news for romney and less for the president

So many political ads have been run in swing states, I doubt many people have the stomach to sit through a long political ad. this political season is like no other. new rules.

just my opinion. we'll see

30-minute Obama ad shows campaign muscle - CNN

Sen. Barack Obama's 30-minute TV ad, which ran simultaneously on broadcast and cable networks at 8 p.m. ET Wednesday, is muscle-flexing that has little precedent, a campaign advertising expert said.

"It's evidence, if you needed any, that the Obama campaign has more money than there is ad time left to buy," said Evan Tracey, director of the Campaign Media Analysis Group. "This is flexing the muscles."

Tracey estimates that it will cost the campaign "in the $4 to 5 million range -- at a minimum, $3.5 million."

Last edited:

yea, well frankly I don't beleive it any way...30 minutes? You know what that would cost? They could use that to buy how many 1-2 minute spots?

Anyway, WTF could he say for 30 minutes? :lol:

I don't buy it...

yea, well frankly I don't beleive it any way...30 minutes? You know what that would cost? They could use that to buy how many 1-2 minute spots?

I don't buy it...

Sen. Barack Obama's 30-minute TV ad, which ran simultaneously on broadcast and cable networks at 8 p.m. ET Wednesday, is muscle-flexing that has little precedent, a campaign advertising expert said.

"It's evidence, if you needed any, that the Obama campaign has more money than there is ad time left to buy," said Evan Tracey, director of the Campaign Media Analysis Group. "This is flexing the muscles."

Tracey estimates that it will cost the campaign "in the $4 to 5 million range -- at a minimum, $3.5 million."

Ugh, if that's true, that would be the worst 30 minutes of TV ever. Who would want to sit through that shyster's rambling lies for 30 whole minutes? I'd almost rather watch the Kardashians instead *retch*. Almost...

So many political ads have been run in swing states, I doubt many people have the stomach to sit through a long political ad. this political season is like no other. new rules.

just my opinion. we'll see

I don't buy it...

wow, I missed that thx.

I will say though, this aint 2008, that was a one time thing becasue obama had that hope and change & guilt complex running like a fine tuned motor......

If Mitt does it hes nuts. he doesn't have anything to fill 30 minutes...

I don't buy it...

wow, I missed that thx.

I will say though, this aint 2008, that was a one time thing becasue obama had that hope and change & guilt complex running like a fine tuned motor......

If Mitt does it hes nuts. he doesn't have anything to fill 30 minutes...

I've given out too much rep today, but this post deserves a pos rep.

The Super PACs and the campaigns have flooded certain states with ads. It's become noxious to an unprecedented level/

Reminds me of Howard Dean's Orange Hat kids in 2004. They were so many and so aggressive they turned off more than a few voters in Iowa and NH

there is such a thing as overkill in messaging

Forum List

Back