Romney to donate Salary if elected

If he donates it to me personally, I might vote for him.

Nah.. just kidding.

You could say he's leading by example...it's hard to deny that he hasn't devoted much of his life to service.

Can you name the last president who did the same?

don't really care

it's certainly not a reason to vote for him, and it's certainly no sacrifice on his part.

to reiterate- big. fucking. deal.

didn't say it was a reason to vote for him.

But it could set an interesting precedent for future Presidents.

if you don't think it's a big deal you really didn't have to comment. Im sure you just ended up keeping the thread alive longer.

I'm still curious why so many people hate rich politicians and love rich celebrities. It would have taken a whole new direction if Obama had thought of it. Poor sap...

Now, if Romney REALLY wanted to piss off the left a little more, he would come out and say, "I don't play golf...so you don't have to worry about that. And, the wife and I don't need to go traveling all over the world or spend Christmas in Hawaii with our extended family and friends. I'd be happy just staying close to home where we don't have to send 30 SS agents ahead to clear out a hotel for us. Camp David will be just fine for our getaways. Besides, I don't plan on taking much time off...you see, there's a lot of problems here that need fixing and, if elected, it will be MY job to fix them. It's hard to do your job if your not on the job. I learned that a long time ago...it's a value I picked up while creating successful businesses and helping save those that were about to collapse. So giving up my presidential salary is only part of my "re-investment" in America's return to greatness. The other part is being present to do the hard work that will be expected and required of a successful president."

I'm still curious why so many people hate rich politicians and love rich celebrities. It would have taken a whole new direction if Obama had thought of it. Poor sap...

Now, if Romney REALLY wanted to piss off the left a little more, he would come out and say, "I don't play golf...so you don't have to worry about that. And, the wife and I don't need to go traveling all over the world or spend Christmas in Hawaii with our extended family and friends. I'd be happy just staying close to home where we don't have to send 30 SS agents ahead to clear out a hotel for us. Camp David will be just fine for our getaways. Besides, I don't plan on taking much time off...you see, there's a lot of problems here that need fixing and, if elected, it will be MY job to fix them. It's hard to do your job if your not on the job. I learned that a long time ago...it's a value I picked up while creating successful businesses and helping save those that were about to collapse. So giving up my presidential salary is only part of my "re-investment" in America's return to greatness. The other part is being present to do the hard work that will be expected and required of a successful president."

It's not too late...celebs could come out and pledge all of their income to charity during Obama's second term.:cool:

Romney vows to donate salary if elected - USATODAY.com

not a huge surprise if you know Romney. but still cool
Cool?

Don't you realize what he's saying is you can keep the chump change salary because if I win this golden crap shoot when I'm finished with the U.S. Treasury George W. Bush will look like a benefactor?

Who and what do you think this man is -- some kind of benevolent saint? He is a ruthless businessman who sends American jobs overseas. He is a corporate vampire who buys weak corporations, drains them and leaves their corpses. He is a financial rapist who ravages pension funds and hides his personal fortune offshore to avoid paying taxes. If Romney is elected the celebration on Wall Street will resemble a Roman orgy under Caligula.

Cool? Yeah. Like hell! Unless you are among the One Percent you don't want this sonofabitch in the White House.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back