Romney Supports Affirmative Action?

catzmeow

Gold Member
Aug 14, 2008
Gunshine State
ROMNEY: ... Important topic, and one which I learned a great deal about, particularly as I was serving as governor of my state, because I had the chance to pull together a cabinet and all the applicants seemed to be men.

And I went to my staff, and I said, “How come all the people for these jobs are—are all men.” They said, “Well, these are the people that have the qualifications.” And I said, “Well, gosh, can’t we—can’t we find some—some women that are also qualified?”

And—and so we—we took a concerted effort to go out and find women who had backgrounds that could be qualified to become members of our cabinet.

I went to a number of women’s groups and said, “Can you help us find folks,” and they brought us whole binders full of women.

A few thoughts...

1. The Romney campaign didn't know a single woman who was qualified to serve in a cabinet-level role?

2. The Romney campaign ostensibly went out and recruited women in order to meet diversity goals?

Interesting.

I'm just happy that he's willing to let us leave work early so we can go home and cook dinner for our husbands and kids.

Looks like Obama doesn't practice what he preaches.
Women paid significantly less in Obama White House than their male counterparts
By MEGHAN KENEALLY
PUBLISHED: 18:25 EST, 11 April 2012 | UPDATED: 10:23 EST, 12 April 2012

All of President Barack Obama's employees may not be treated equally in the White House, as recently released financial records show that female employees earn significantly less than their male counterparts.
Using the 2011 annual report of White House staff salaries that was submitted to Congress, an $11,000 difference is clear between the median female employee salary and the median male employee salary.
This news comes on top of continued criticism- of both President Obama and prior presidents- that women are underrepresented in the White House.

Women paid significantly less in Obama White House than their male counterparts | Mail Online

It wasn't his campaign, it was his cabinet as governor. If the method of filling the cabinet positions was so flawed as to eliminate women to show up and apply, then he should employ other means.

Why is the left so desperate to portray Romney as moderate? Do they think the only agenda left for them is to try to suppress turnout on the republican side?

Yea Obama's record high unemployment and women on food stamps makes him the champion for women.

Why is the left so desperate to portray Romney as moderate? Do they think the only agenda left for them is to try to suppress turnout on the republican side?

Its getting to that point. The only thing the past two debates have done is rile up people who were voting for Obama anyway, and were actually already planning on voting is this election.

All Romney needs to do is show on TV that the picture the DNC (helped by the media) is trying to paint of Romney is hyperbole.

At that point Romney became a viable candidate, and the shift in independent polling is showing this.

The bigger question is: Why is the right so desperate to portray Romney as a conservative? Current rhetoric aside, a look at his actual history of governance clearly puts him as solidly in the Rockefeller mushy middle.

ROMNEY: ... Important topic, and one which I learned a great deal about, particularly as I was serving as governor of my state, because I had the chance to pull together a cabinet and all the applicants seemed to be men.

And I went to my staff, and I said, “How come all the people for these jobs are—are all men.” They said, “Well, these are the people that have the qualifications.” And I said, “Well, gosh, can’t we—can’t we find some—some women that are also qualified?”

And—and so we—we took a concerted effort to go out and find women who had backgrounds that could be qualified to become members of our cabinet.

I went to a number of women’s groups and said, “Can you help us find folks,” and they brought us whole binders full of women.

A few thoughts...

1. The Romney campaign didn't know a single woman who was qualified to serve in a cabinet-level role?

2. The Romney campaign ostensibly went out and recruited women in order to meet diversity goals?

Interesting.

I'm just happy that he's willing to let us leave work early so we can go home and cook dinner for our husbands and kids.

he never did answser the question about pay parity...

but to be fair, he had about 12 women in his cabinet when he was governor -- out of 33. so i have no doubt he wanted to be moderate mitt and had them recruit women.

A few thoughts...

Interesting.

I'd say you nailed it solid.

It has become obvious that Romney will say anything to anybody at any time if he thinks it will gain 1 point in the polls. He has taken more positions than are chosen in a year at the Mustang Ranch brothel.

The Romney campaign ostensibly went out and recruited women in order to meet diversity goals?

Hmmm...so you don't know the difference between government coming in and with the force of guns requiring that people meet artificial hurdles defined by government and people recognizing the value of diversity on their own and setting their own goals for themselves.

If you think about your life in that context, it's probably starting to explain a lot to you...

I thought he bombed the question, specifically when he went into the, women have special needs, spiel.

They dont?
Youre zaying the loss if experience in a career when women have and raise children doesnt hurt them?

I thought he bombed the question, specifically when he went into the, women have special needs, spiel.

They dont?
Youre zaying the loss if experience in a career when women have and raise children doesnt hurt them?

and what is his solution for that?

thanks for playing, hon. he had none.

more imporantly... no one cares about his binders or letting women go home early to cook.

he never said he'd have signed the ledbetter law... and we know what he thinks of women's rights.

so perhaps a male isn't the best person to make the defense of his terrible answer

They dont?

and what is his solution for that?

thanks for playing, hon. he had none.

more imporantly... no one cares about his binders or letting women go home early to cook.

he never said he'd have signed the ledbetter law... and we know what he thinks of women's rights.

so perhaps a male isn't the best person to make the defense of his terrible answer

You only think you know, you really don't know jack

This message is hidden because jillian is on your skank list.

You guys have a set....I'll give you that:

george-bush-cartoon-1.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back