Romney Runs From Mourdock Misogyny

jillian

Princess
Apr 4, 2006
The Other Side of Paradise
Well, at least we know that today, at least, mitt is for abortion in the case of rape and incest. i'm sure paul ryan would be surprised at that.

and whatever happened to his support of personhood laws, anyway?

GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney distances himself from Indiana Senate candidate

11:05AM EDT October 24. 2012 - Indiana Senate candidate Richard Mourdock has sparked the latest political controversy over rape and abortion, causing GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney to distance himself a day after touting his candidacy in a TV ad.

Mourdock, Indiana's state treasurer, said Tuesday during a debate against Democratic Rep. Joe Donnelly that when a woman becomes pregnant during rape "that it is something God intended."

Asked whether abortion should be allowed in cases of rape or incest, Mourdock said, "I struggled with it myself for a long time, but I came to realize that life is that gift from God. And, I think, even when life begins in that horrible situation of rape, that it is something that God intended to happen."

Romney spokeswoman Andrea Saul told the Associated Press that Romney "disagrees with Richard Mourdock's comments and they do not reflect his views." Romney supports abortion in cases of rape, incest or when the life of the woman is in danger.

GOP's Mourdock: Pregnancy from rape is God's intent

well, at least mourdock's race should be over.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, at least we know that today, at least, mitt is for abortion in the case of rape and incest. i'm sure paul ryan would be surprised at that.

GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney distances himself from Indiana Senate candidate

11:05AM EDT October 24. 2012 - Indiana Senate candidate Richard Mourdock has sparked the latest political controversy over rape and abortion, causing GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney to distance himself a day after touting his candidacy in a TV ad.

Mourdock, Indiana's state treasurer, said Tuesday during a debate against Democratic Rep. Joe Donnelly that when a woman becomes pregnant during rape "that it is something God intended."

Asked whether abortion should be allowed in cases of rape or incest, Mourdock said, "I struggled with it myself for a long time, but I came to realize that life is that gift from God. And, I think, even when life begins in that horrible situation of rape, that it is something that God intended to happen."

Romney spokeswoman Andrea Saul told the Associated Press that Romney "disagrees with Richard Mourdock's comments and they do not reflect his views." Romney supports abortion in cases of rape, incest or when the life of the woman is in danger.

Romney EVOLED...

Romney EVOLED...

that's "evolved".

and yah.. he evolved at the first debate. what a quinky dink.

When Romney is elected the first thing he's gonna' do is sign an Executive Order outlawing Tampons.

It's true.

Romney's not running from this. He disagrees with what the candidate says.

:lol:

Tell this woman she's not a gift from God. The rape is not the gift. You twist his words. The gift is the child.

rebeccakiessling.jpg

Rebecca Kiessling, a pro-life attorney from Michigan, fully understands the national debate going on concerning the controversial comments Missouri Senate candidate Todd Akin made about abortion and rape. Kiessling was conceived when her mother was victimized by a rapist.

Woman Conceived in Rape Responds to Akin Abortion Controversy | LifeNews.com

What a fool I was to ever think Mitt was going have the fortitude and insight to lead on this issue. I knew it was all over the day he chose Mister Bean for his VP...

Akin opposes abortion, even in cases of rape and incest, and so does Ryan, who has a score of 100 percent from the National Right to Life Committee, the highest possible rating. The group's president has praised Ryan for his work on anti-abortion bills since 1999.

...perhaps the most far-reaching measure Ryan co-sponsored with Todd Akin and many other GOP congressmen is the Sanctity of Human Life Act, which would give legal rights to fertilized eggs from the moment of conception.

The bill is similar to personhood initiatives that have been rejected in Colorado and Mississippi. Abortion-rights activists say this legislation would ban some forms of birth control and fertility treatments.

In Akin's Wake, Ryan Defends Anti-Abortion Record : NPR

Last edited:
What a fool I was to ever think Mitt was going have the fortitude and insight to lead on this issue. I knew it was all over the day he chose the Mister Bean for his VP...

i always liked huntsman better than romney. i just thought romney was the less nuts of the remainder of the GOP pack so hoped he'd get the nod.

i didn't know that he wouldn't care what he says so long as he thinks it will get him votes.

i've never seen anyone as hollow as he is.

Jill, you can vouch for the fact that you and I privately argued over this during the primaries... I scoffed at the idea that Mitt would advocate overturning Roe v Wade.

Now all Mitt can say is essentially "his views don't reflect mine." But carry on!

Jill, you can vouch for the fact that you and I privately argued over this during the primaries... I scoffed at the idea that Mitt would advocate overturning Roe v Wade.

Now all Mitt can say is essentially "his views don't reflect mine." But carry on!

well, we 'debated' it heatedly, for sure. i told you he would owe the radical religious right. and GOP candidates always use the courts as currency to pay them back.

you said, 'he was a moderate when he ran massachusetts". yet, he vetoed a bill mandating access to emergency contraception
he was opposed to same sex marriage as governor and even opposed civil unions.
he opposes stem cell research.

i think moderate mitt is a fictitious being.

but i wonder what he traded for his endorsement of mourdock.

Last edited:
Also, the point is that while Mitt may not agree with the exact world used by Creep Mourdock, he agrees with the spirt of limiting access to abortion. The REASON for denying abortions is secondary. They are all still in the same evil, disgusting cabal of denying womens' rights!

Also, the point is that while Mitt may not agree with the exact world used by Creep Mourdock, he agrees with the spirt of limiting access to abortion. The REASON for denying abortions is secondary. They are all still in the same evil, disgusting cabal of denying womens' rights!

too bad you didn't feel that way about the unborn CHILD

sick society

Romney EVOLED...

that's "evolved".

Evolved? I dunno, he still refers to a 7-2 SCOTUS decision which protects our first trimester reproductive privacy from Government intrusion as "judicial activism"...a decision which cites the Constitution's First, Fourth, Ninth, and Fourteenth Amendments as protecting an individual's "zone of privacy" against state laws...Mitt, in his infinite wisdom, calls that Constitutional ruling "activism" and reckons State referendums on this issue are the proper course for America...???

Mitt believes that life begins at conception and wishes that the laws of our nation reflected that view. But while the nation remains so divided, he believes that the right next step is for the Supreme Court to overturn Roe v. Wade – a case of blatant judicial activism that took a decision that should be left to the people and placed it in the hands of unelected judges. With Roe overturned, states will be empowered through the democratic process to determine their own abortion laws and not have them dictated by judicial mandate.

Taking innocent life is always wrong and always tragic, wherever it happens.

Values | Mitt Romney for President

Romney EVOLED...

that's "evolved".

Evolved? I dunno, he still refers to a 7-2 SCOTUS decision which protects our first trimester reproductive privacy from Government intrusion as "judicial activism"...a decision which cites the Constitution's First, Fourth, Ninth, and Fourteenth Amendments as protecting an individual's "zone of privacy" against state laws...Mitt, in his infinite wisdom, calls that Constitutional ruling "activism" and reckons State referendums on this issue are the proper course for America...???

Mitt believes that life begins at conception and wishes that the laws of our nation reflected that view. But while the nation remains so divided, he believes that the right next step is for the Supreme Court to overturn Roe v. Wade – a case of blatant judicial activism that took a decision that should be left to the people and placed it in the hands of unelected judges. With Roe overturned, states will be empowered through the democratic process to determine their own abortion laws and not have them dictated by judicial mandate.

Taking innocent life is always wrong and always tragic, wherever it happens.

Values | Mitt Romney for President

SO? a lot of people think a CHILD is made at conception..it's you abortion nuts who make them only a clump of cells to JUSTIFY your killing of the child

well, we 'debated' it heatedly, for sure. i told you he would owe the radical religious right. and GOP candidates always use the courts as currency to pay them back.

you said, 'he was a moderate when he ran massachusetts". yet, he vetoed a bill mandating access to emergency contraception
he was opposed to same sex marriage as governor and even opposed civil unions.
he opposes stem cell research.

i think moderate mitt is a fictitious being.

but i wonder what he traded for his endorsement of mourdock.

Well, moderate is your word, and to be fair we were discussing the personhood amendment that you had asserted he approved of. I argued that no, he had not approved of that, as I had looked for it and found nothing showing he endorsed that. I argued that I had seen him say he viewed Roe v Wade as settled law and that he would not seek to overturn it. I foolishly believed he was going to lead us back to rationality on this issue, so you were right in the end.

IMO he sold out to the evangelicals in the GOP to get the nomination and ultimately it will cost him the presidency...

New Topics

Forum List

Back