Romney Outpolling Carter, Reagan, Bush I, Clinton, Bush II and Obama

Another disappointing election. No one who has a chance is at all interesting or offers any genuine change, new ideas, alternatives to failure.

Nationhood is dead, anyway. 'Forward' is not in that direction. With the immensely poor leadership we see almost everywhere, it is obvious we have to find another path.

Humanity needs to awaken or it will certainly descend into permanent sleep and death.

Another disappointing election. No one who has a chance is at all interesting or offers any genuine change, new ideas, alternatives to failure.

Nationhood is dead, anyway. 'Forward' is not in that direction. With the immensely poor leadership we see almost everywhere, it is obvious we have to find another path.

Humanity needs to awaken or it will certainly descend into permanent sleep and death.

I have to disagree with you in the overall direction of things.

I don't want to go back and re-do the first 10 years that we had in this new millenium.

Awful first 10 years. The history books are being written and published, and as we take a look back, we see a society that went into a bizarre direction on the economic front. We accelerated 2 extremely large tax cuts at the same time that we decided to proceed into 2 wars.

That's 4 big fucking deals right there. Imagine where we'd be if we didn't pass the tax cuts but executed both wars. We'd have annual deficits, but they wouldn't have gone over a trillion a year.

Think about 1998. A Democrat President and a Republican-led Congress thought that deregulating the private lenders and the speculators would benefit us all.

Well, it didn't.

The first 2 years of Obama was rough for me personally. I didn't feel the fall of '08 until the fall of '09. 2010 was about the same as the last half of '09. 2011 was better, and this year is a little better than that.

The health care exchanges were a smart thing to pass. There are a lot of people like me who are encouraged by them.

I'm not a fan of the idea that we should go back to a time when tens of millions of people only use the emergency room for health care. It's such a drain on the rest of us. Preventive medical measures are on the rise and over time that's going to be cost-effective.

With Obama, I feel like he'll kill bad guys with drones and when it comes to the next step after that, he'll do like Libya, where he got the very first 100% vote in the security council to enable the no-fly-zone and the other actions taken that helped allow Libyans themselves take out Gaddafi.

He pitched in $1 billion and downloaded the rest of the cost to everyone else involved. No Americans were killed in that effort. I don't know about you, but that's so much smarter than 10 years, 4000 dead Americans and no WMD's in exchange for 1 dead mother fucker.

The attack against our ambassador pissed off this administration a great deal. We were in the process of forging ties and alliances there with factions who agree to hold up to our standards of working towards democracy, minority rights, and creating stability through economic partnerships with the global community.

There's no doubt in my mind that Obama is going to drone or have killed the people who did it. I'm sure there's a great deal of video evidence to draw upon, and the reason why we'll find them is because this administration is forging ties there and does have allies.

With Romney-Ryan, I fear we'll end up in another forever-war. Maybe Iran or Syria, some country that pisses off the neo-cons that they'd like to nation-build. They're looking to increase the defense budget by over $200 billion a year.

You don't make an outrageous increase like that if you're not planning on doing something consequential with it.

I don't think Obama's perfect, but if a sensible $4 trillion debt deal crosses his desk that balances increased revenue measures along with spending cuts, he'll sign it. He's been waiting to sign something like it for a couple years now, and there's a glaring reason why he hasn't, and it's because in all of our guts we understand that the Republican Party has been all too happy to walk off a cliff into absurdity.

When my gut tells me I can trust that 4 years of a Republican administration won't result in another stupid war, I'll vote for them, but not this time. They're just not the serious party I'd like them to be. They're too caught up in advancing an economic theory we know doesn't work, coupled with outrageous plans to go around policing the world.

More importantly, what are you friends on facebook saying? We need to tap in to the true pulse of this election.

Think about 1998. A Democrat President and a Republican-led Congress thought that deregulating the private lenders and the speculators would benefit us all.
Actually, it was 1999....and, it was a "conservative"-hu$tle!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKKvMJeBBSA]Q&A: Leslie & Andrew Cockburn - YouTube[/ame]

See: 5:00 thru 12:00

Last edited by a moderator:
:up: looks good for Mitt from what I see and know about election history, good news OP. The most important election in our lives we either go commie or turn this boat around.

:up: looks good for Mitt from what I see and know about election history, good news OP. The most important election in our lives we either go commie or turn this boat around.

Although this is a free-swinging blogsite, the question of the US going communist in the foreseeable future is so beyond imagination that such hyperbole is extreme to the extent of being wasted.

New Topics

Forum List

Back