Romney opens up 7-point lead over Obama as campaigns hunker down in swing states

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
Mitt Romney's national lead over President Obama grew even more Thursday, with the latest Gallup survey showing the Republican nominee up 7 points -- with less than three weeks and just one debate left on the calendar before Election Day.

The Gallup survey, which is based on a seven-day rolling average, showed Romney leading 52-45 percent. At the start of October, he was tied with Obama at 48 percent each.

The poll measures likely voters, with the latest results spanning interviews from Oct. 11-17. The results would have just started to factor in voters' views following the second presidential debate, which was held Tuesday.

Romney's lead on Thursday grew from 6 points a day earlier, which was already his biggest lead of the race. His numbers have been on the rise on the heels of the first debate, a trend that was apparently not blunted by Vice President Biden's aggressive debate performance one week ago.

Read more: Romney opens up 7-point lead over Obama as campaigns hunker down in swing states | Fox News

Seven point lead. With one debate left. And, it will be about Bengazhigate.

While I support Romney, I fail to see what the point of ridiculous threads like these is. "Landslide, Election's Over" and other claims based on the flimsiest of proof are annoying, and both sides are equally guilty. It is going to be very close, but I wish that Romney supporters would show more class.

I choose this thread to comment for obvious reasons.

I do not expect the same from those who support Obama. Their lack of class is legend. There is no reason for "us" to descend to their level.

Last edited:
It's going to continue to grow. The problem with the debates is that obama has spent all this money trying to portray Romney as something he isn't. The debates are making that clear that Obama's been lying about Romney. which reflects badly on Obama.

and no matter what you say about who won or lost the debates. Romney has had two strong debate performances. They people who see him and are just getting to know him think he looks Presidential.

Obama has a record he can't defend and he still hasnt released an agenda for the next four years. He's whole argument is "Give me more time." Meanwhile, Romney has outline his 5 pt plan and it's resonating with the people. Obama's response "He doesn't have a plan". People aren't stupid. When one candidate is outlining his plan and the other is saying "He has no plan" it's obvious which one is lying. Which makes the people question why?

i think it's time we humble ourselves before God in pray and express gratitude for what we have been blessed with. because no matter what polls say, we need God to save us from this mess. No one candidate can take care of the problem.

but getting Romney in will be a good first step

While I support Romney, I fail to see what the point of ridiculous threads like these is. "Landslide, Election's Over" and other claims based on the flimsiest of proof are annoying, and both sides are equally guilty. It is going to be very close, but I wish that Romney supporters would show more class.

I so not expect the same from those who support Obama.

Well fuck you meathead. This is a board for politics. We heard every day when obummer had the lead, you don't like this thread get thee the fuck out of it. Romney has opened up a seven point lead and that's the fact and no one mentioned the word "landslide".

I said in in another thread.

Obiedoodle cant crack the 50% barrier in the swing states...Historically, the undecideds break for the challenger when the incumbent can't achieve a plurality.

Now I just saw that, of all places, Minnesnowta has moved from solid Obammy to leans.

I don't think he's just going to lose...I believe he is going to get his ass kicked.

Obiedoodle cant crack the 50% barrier in the swing states...Historically, the undecideds break for the challenger when the incumbent can't achieve a plurality.

Now I just saw that, of all places, Minnesnowta has moved from solid Obammy to leans.

I don't think he's just going to lose...I believe he is going to get his ass kicked.

quiet! you lack of class will offend meathead. :D

Well fuck you meathead. This is a board for politics. We heard every day when obummer had the lead, you don't like this thread get thee the fuck out of it. Romney has opened up a seven point lead and that's the fact and no one mentioned the word "landslide".
No Willow. It is disappointing that you have descended to the level of the Bush and Romney haters. A little dignity would not be out-of-line.

Telling people to get fucked is not the nature of a political forum. It is the nature of people with little class. Conservatives, by nature should not be so base. The left debases us enough.

No Willow. It is disappointing that you have descended to the level of the Bush and Romney haters. A little dignity would not be out-of-line.

Telling people to get fucked is not the nature of a political forum. It is the nature of people with little class. Conservatives, by nature should not be so base. The left debases us enough.

fuck you running. how's that?

obama-thrill-is-gone1-1.jpg

newsweek_obama.jpg

obama_sinking.jpg

Exactly.

Meathead is totally wrong about this poll.

Romney has cracked the 50% barrier, that's huge.

No where in my original post did I tell anyone to "get fucked" it's only when you started "moralizing" that I decided to give you a "fuck you" who in the hell do you think you are coming to a political forum and criticizing a poster be she right or left for posting the latest Gallup poll? I meant what I said. "Fuck You."

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

Exactly.

Meathead is totally wrong about this poll.

Romney has cracked the 50% barrier, that's huge.

It's incredibly huge. especially at this late stage of the game. Sure, we still have two and a half weeks left. but wow.

Romney already has the votes of the toothless trash and sociopaths in the South, now he needs to wrap up the votes of the toothless trash and sociopaths in the rest of the country.

No, meat, the left needs a little of their own damn medicine, and you can bet your bottom dollar that on a political message board is where they're going to get it.

It's going to continue to grow. The problem with the debates is that obama has spent all this money trying to portray Romney as something he isn't. The debates are making that clear that Obama's been lying about Romney. which reflects badly on Obama.

and no matter what you say about who won or lost the debates. Romney has had two strong debate performances. They people who see him and are just getting to know him think he looks Presidential.

Obama has a record he can't defend and he still hasnt released an agenda for the next four years. He's whole argument is "Give me more time." Meanwhile, Romney has outline his 5 pt plan and it's resonating with the people. Obama's response "He doesn't have a plan". People aren't stupid. When one candidate is outlining his plan and the other is saying "He has no plan" it's obvious which one is lying. Which makes the people question why?

i think it's time we humble ourselves before God in pray and express gratitude for what we have been blessed with. because no matter what polls say, we need God to save us from this mess. No one candidate can take care of the problem.

but getting Romney in will be a good first step

If true, then Obama and Romney truly DO have something in common.

The title of the OP's post is clear. It is not that Gallup found a 7 point lead, which is certainly welcome news to me anyway. It is the same hogwash that about five times a day someone declares total victory. It is essentially the hobgoblin of little minds.

I realize I am dealing with a bunch of morons, I just wish the morons would be more consistently on the left.

New Topics

Forum List

Back