Romney loved Obama's deficit reduction plan...

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
...when he was Governor of Massachusetts.

Cut some spending and raise revenues was the order of the day under Governor Romney.

From Factcheck.org:

While we're at it, Romney again claimed that he didn’t raise taxes when governor of Massachusetts and that he faced a $3 billion budget shortfall. We have twice pointed out that Romney in fact increased fees by around $500 million during his four years as governor (a figure that includes both fee increases and “closing loopholes” in the corporate tax structure). Romney’s cuts in local aid also led indirectly to local tax increases (mainly in the form of property tax increases). Similarly, Romney’s claim to have closed a $3 billion budget gap is exaggerated. In fact, the gap was closer to $1.2 billion.

Cut some spending and raise revenues was the order of the day under Governor Romney.

From Factcheck.org:

While we're at it, Romney again claimed that he didn’t raise taxes when governor of Massachusetts and that he faced a $3 billion budget shortfall. We have twice pointed out that Romney in fact increased fees by around $500 million during his four years as governor (a figure that includes both fee increases and “closing loopholes” in the corporate tax structure). Romney’s cuts in local aid also led indirectly to local tax increases (mainly in the form of property tax increases). Similarly, Romney’s claim to have closed a $3 billion budget gap is exaggerated. In fact, the gap was closer to $1.2 billion.

Sure would love to know why Romney has not gotten one single question about his pro-global warming stance, in any of the debates.

Am I bordering on a conspiracy theory here, or are the powers-that-be making certain that conservatives don't have another reason not to support Mitt?

If he is the Republican candidate, it sure would take some of ths sting out of ObamaCare for the Dems....

State fees are not the same thing as targetted tax increases on certain members of society.

Apples and Oranges.

And as I said in the other thread. Even if you are accurate, it doesnt mean people are going to vote for Perry. If you want us to vote for Perry, give us a reason to vote for him. Not a reason to not vote for Romney.

From Factcheck.org:

Sure would love to know why Romney has not gotten one single question about his pro-global warming stance, in any of the debates.

Am I bordering on a conspiracy theory here, or are the powers-that-be making certain that conservatives don't have another reason not to support Mitt?

If he is the Republican candidate, it sure would take some of ths sting out of ObamaCare for the Dems....

He is not pro-global warming stance, he has the same stance that Bush had, he thinks that there could be some link between human activity but the jury is still out on it and he certainly would not punish American business as it's a global problem not just an American problem.

State fees are not the same thing as targetted tax increases on certain members of society.

Apples and Oranges.

And as I said in the other thread. Even if you are accurate, it doesnt mean people are going to vote for Perry. If you want us to vote for Perry, give us a reason to vote for him. Not a reason to not vote for Romney.

Thank You, no kiddin, these guys jumped on the Perry band wagon and refuse to get off, Perry has not even submitted a job's plan or his plan on reforming SSI, he's a one liner politician, life long government employee, inherited a great state with good government in place and now is riding the ride. It's over for Perry, he has lost all three debates, he could never stand up to the pounding he would get should he be lucky enough to win the nomination, the dems would crucify him. He has little to no private sector business experience, no foriegn policy experience, he's a good guy, but he CAN'T beat Obama.

Running for POTUS was an after thought to him, and it is showing BIG time. I wonder who the fools were that talked him into it. Perry needs to go back and be governor of Texas and quit with the national level polictics, he CAN'T and WON'T win.

Last edited:

Apples and Oranges.

Thank You, no kiddin, these guys jumped on the Perry band wagon and refuse to get off, Perry has not even submitted a job's plan or his plan on reforming SSI, he's a one liner politician, life long government employee, inherited a great state with good government in place and now is riding the ride. It's over for Perry, he has lost all three debates, he could never stand up to the pounding he would get should he be lucky enough to win the nomination, the dems would crucify him. He has little to no private sector business experience, no foriegn policy experience, he's a good guy, but he CAN'T beat Obama.

Running for POTUS was an after thought to him, and it is showing BIG time. I wonder who the fools were that talked him into it. Perry needs to go back and be governor of Texas and quit with the national level polictics, he CAN'T and WON'T win.

I can give you several reasons why I support Romney.

1. Polls show Romney beating Obama on a one to one match-up handily. The other GOP candidates lose to Obama-- including Perry.

2. Romney has been in the private sector for most of his life, except for the 4 years he was governor of Ma.

3. Romney has created thousands of American jobs, he has DONE it.

4. Romney actually has a written plan on job creation and what he would do that took me 4 hours just to scan.

5. Romney is the only candidate that would go back to a Reagan era stance on trade- it's in the jobs plan, where he agrees with free trade but it has got to be fair trade. Reagan created 20 million new jobs in this country, and he is following Reagan's lead on this issue.

6. Romney has a dual degree from Harvard in Law and an MBA in BUSINESS.

7. Romney supports, cut, cap and balance. Ryan's plan.

8. Romney will issue a mandate on day one that all states can refuse to comply with Obama care and should we win enough senate seats HE WILL REPEAL IT on day one. He will also repeal DODD/FRANK and all other regulations that hamper the growth in the private sector.

9. Romney is AGAINST in- state tuition for ILLEGAL immigrants as he believes that it is a magnate for further illegal immigration.

10. Romney wants the fence to help control our borders along with boots on the ground.

Do you want more detail??? Because it's all there, where is Perry's stance or written stance on ANY of these issues because I can find no jobs plan, no real plan to reform entitlement, nothing, nada, it's just not there. It was an after thought for him to run and the fools who talked him into this should be wearing bags over their heads about now.

Last edited:
Run Romeny and you will get a third party tea party candidate who splits the vote

From Factcheck.org:

He is not pro-global warming stance, he has the same stance that Bush had, he thinks that there could be some link between human activity but the jury is still out on it and he certainly would not punish American business as it's a global problem not just an American problem.

Romney reaffirms stance that global warming is real

Bucking skeptics, he urges changes

June 04, 2011|By Matt Viser, Globe Staff

MANCHESTER, N.H. — In the first town hall of his freshly announced presidential campaign, Mitt Romney yesterday reaffirmed his view that global warming is occurring and that humans are contributing to it, a position that has been rejected in recent years by many Republicans as the issue has taken on a greater partisan tinge.

After opening remarks in which Romney blamed President Obama’s policies for the new anemic hiring figures, the first questioner from the floor — a software developer from Hanover, N.H. — wanted to know the candidate’s position on climate change, an issue his opponents have generally avoided so far.
Romney reaffirms stance that global warming is real - Boston.com

OK, let me make sure I'm clear on this.

When Obama places a federal penalty fee on Americans who don't purchase health insurance, that's a new tax.

But when Romney raises a half a billion dollars in revenue by "raising fees and closing corperate tax loopholes (boy, that sounds familiar too)" to cover almost half of the Massachusetts budget shortfall...that's not raising taxes.

Run Romeny and you will get a third party tea party candidate who splits the vote

It ain't gonna happen Truthmatters, what you need to be concerned about is someone challenging Obama, you wait, it's in the works and it's coming your way very soon. He will have a primary and it will split your liberal vote.

MANCHESTER, N.H. — In the first town hall of his freshly announced presidential campaign, Mitt Romney yesterday reaffirmed his view that global warming is occurring and that humans are contributing to it, a position that has been rejected in recent years by many Republicans as the issue has taken on a greater partisan tinge.

After opening remarks in which Romney blamed President Obama’s policies for the new anemic hiring figures, the first questioner from the floor — a software developer from Hanover, N.H. — wanted to know the candidate’s position on climate change, an issue his opponents have generally avoided so far.

Global warming and temperature change is real, the question is, what causes it? The jury is still out on this. That's his point.

It ain't gonna happen Truthmatters, what you need to be concerned about is someone challenging Obama, you wait, it's in the works and it's coming your way very soon. He will have a primary and it will split your liberal vote.

I would hate for Obama to drop out...

...but it would be hard for any Democrat to challeng him:

The Dems can's take a chance on losing the black constituency....so, here we are.
They're pretty much saddled with this donkey.

But what exactly would that mean? In how many states do black voters make the difference? I ran some rough numbers over at Robert Emmet -- check them out. Depending on how much of a drop-off you assume, it could cost the Democrats 10 to 76 electoral votes.
Robert Schlesinger: The Democrats and the Black Vote

"...what would happen if a smaller percentage of blacks turned out:

- At 90 percent black turn-out, Wisconsin’s 10 electoral votes slide into the GOP column.

- At 75 percent black turn-out, Pennsylvania’s 21 electoral votes go Republican.

- At 70 percent Michigan’s 17 electoral votes turn from blue to red.

- At 50 percent the GOP collects Delawre’s three electoral votes.

I don’t know what a realistic number to project is for the effects of angry black apathy, but I’ll stop at 50 percent. It may be that going as low as 75 percent is unrealistic. Most likely it’s impossible to say. (And this doesn’t take into account things like congressional districts where black voters make the margin of difference.)"

Do Democrats need the black vote? | RobertEmmet

So....ya' think the Dems will simply allow the Republican nominee to do a Napoleon, and crown himself?

Global warming and temperature change is real, the question is, what causes it? The jury is still out on this. That's his point.

What's Perry's stance on this? Probably don't know, do you? and I will bet that you did not know about his in state tuition for illegal immigrants either. Now you do, but you are still hanging on and you have yet to give me any reason what-so-ever to support Perry. You have provided no detail on a job's plan his plan on deficit reduction- does he support a cut, cap and balance plan, what's he going to do about reforming entitlements, be specific and detailed. Then I will pay attention. But you have not provided links with any information other than his talking points and talking points don't work with voters when they want details.

I am detailed and want in writing on his web-site what his detailed plans are. You would be better served to call Perry up and tell him to get busy doing it. He is losing support in droves.

Last edited:

No....the point is Romney's vapid position on same.

It is a detriment to his campaign.

Romney: "I believe that humans contribute to that … so I think it’s important for us to reduce our emissions of pollutants and greenhouse gases that may well be significant contributors to the climate change and the global warming that you’re seeing.’’

What's Perry's stance on this? Probably don't know, do you? and I will bet that you did not know about his in state tuition for illegal immigrants either. Now you do, but you are still hanging on and you have yet to give me any reason what-so-ever to support Perry. You have provided no detail on a job's plan his plan on deficit reduction- does he support a cut, cap and balance plan, what's he going to do about reforming entitlements, be specific and detailed. Then I will pay attention. But you have not provided links with any information other than his talking points and talking points don't work with voters when they want details.

I am detailed and want in writing on his web-site what his detailed plans are. You would be better served to call Perry up and tell him to get busy doing it. He is losing support in droves.

It is always a mistake to bet against me knowing something.

Perry has pointed out strongly that the global warming scam is a fraud.

BEDFORD, N.H. — GOP presidential candidate Rick Perry told New Hampshire voters Wednesday that he does not believe in manmade global warming, calling it a scientific theory that has not been proven.

"I think we're seeing almost weekly, or even daily, scientists that are coming forward and questioning the original idea that manmade global warming is what is causing the climate to change," the Texas governor said on the first stop of a two-day trip to the first-in-the-nation primary state.
Rick Perry: Global Warming Based On Scientists Manipulating Data (VIDEO)

"...you have yet to give me any reason what-so-ever to support Perry."

... my post was not in support of Perry...rather in exposing why Romney is far from the perfect candidate.
I would not vote for him in the primary...

but would support any Republican candidate against Obama.

Last edited:

I would hate for Obama to drop out...

...but it would be hard for any Democrat to challeng him:

The Dems can's take a chance on losing the black constituency....so, here we are.
They're pretty much saddled with this donkey.

But what exactly would that mean? In how many states do black voters make the difference? I ran some rough numbers over at Robert Emmet -- check them out. Depending on how much of a drop-off you assume, it could cost the Democrats 10 to 76 electoral votes.
Robert Schlesinger: The Democrats and the Black Vote

"...what would happen if a smaller percentage of blacks turned out:

- At 90 percent black turn-out, Wisconsin’s 10 electoral votes slide into the GOP column.

- At 75 percent black turn-out, Pennsylvania’s 21 electoral votes go Republican.

- At 70 percent Michigan’s 17 electoral votes turn from blue to red.

- At 50 percent the GOP collects Delawre’s three electoral votes.

I don’t know what a realistic number to project is for the effects of angry black apathy, but I’ll stop at 50 percent. It may be that going as low as 75 percent is unrealistic. Most likely it’s impossible to say. (And this doesn’t take into account things like congressional districts where black voters make the margin of difference.)"

Do Democrats need the black vote? | RobertEmmet

So....ya' think the Dems will simply allow the Republican nominee to do a Napoleon, and crown himself?

The race thing is the only thing that the Dems are worried about or they would be running someone right now. I think they should get Maxine Waters to run against him, seems she is pretty po'd that he missed black neighborhoods while in his CANADIAN made bus that toured all the wealthy neighborhoods.

From Factcheck.org:

Romney is not capable of getting my vote. If he does win the primary. Third party time, again.

From Factcheck.org:

Romney is not capable of getting my vote. If he does win the primary. Third party time, again.

One word for you: Perot.

Any anti-Obama third party would give Obama a second term, and the end of America as we knew it.

I can give you several reasons why I support Romney.

1. Polls show Romney beating Obama on a one to one match-up handily. The other GOP candidates lose to Obama-- including Perry.

• And if the polls showed David Duke was the only one beating Obama, would that be a reason to vote for him?

2. Romney has been in the private sector for most of his life, except for the 4 years he was governor of Ma.

If Romney's vaunted private sector experience is such an asset, why couldn't he create jobs in Massachusetts as Governor?

• “Rick Perry’s Texas added more private-sector jobs in two months than Mitt Romney’s in four years.”

• “Being 47th in job creation and killing 18,000 jobs with RomneyCare is not a record to brag about,”

3. Romney has created thousands of American jobs, he has DONE it.

• Yet, he didn't create jobs as Governor of Massachusetts, 3rd from the bottom in job creation.

4. Romney actually has a written plan on job creation and what he would do that took me 4 hours just to scan.

• And I'm sure he had big plans as Governor of Massachusetts...yet Massachusetts was 47th out of 50 in job creation under Romney.

5. Romney is the only candidate that would go back to a Reagan era stance on trade- it's in the jobs plan, where he agrees with free trade but it has got to be fair trade. Reagan created 20 million new jobs in this country, and he is following Reagan's lead on this issue.

• I agree with this.

6. Romney has a dual degree from Harvard in Law and an MBA in BUSINESS.

• Great...except Bush had an MBA from Harvard and Obama was a Law Professor...how did that work out?

7. Romney supports, cut, cap and balance. Ryan's plan.

• Who doesn't?

8. Romney will issue a mandate on day one that all states can refuse to comply with Obama care and should we win enough senate seats HE WILL REPEAL IT on day one. He will also repeal DODD/FRANK and all other regulations that hamper the growth in the private sector.

• They all said that too.
9. Romney is AGAINST in- state tuition for ILLEGAL immigrants as he believes that it is a magnate for further illegal immigration.

• Except that he was for it before he was against it.

10. Romney wants the fence to help control our borders along with boots on the ground.

• A 10 foot high, 2100 mile fence is a waste of taxpayer money. But it might stimulate job creation at the Mexican 11 Foot Ladder Company, Sure-cut Wire Cutter Factory and Vámonos-Bajo Shovel Manufacturing.

• Perry has a better handle on this issue than Romney...a virtual fence, drone aerial assets and more boots on the ground.

My response in red.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back