Romney campaign chair: Colin powell endorsed obama because he's black

J.E.D

Gold Member
Jul 28, 2011
I knew it was only a matter of time before one of Romney's stooges made this accusation regarding the endorsement of Obama by one of the most respected Republicans and General in modern times.

I wonder when Mittens is going to speak out against this ignorance? :eusa_whistle:

John Sununu, Top Romney Surrogate, Suggests Colin Powell Obama Endorsement Motivated By Race [UPDATE]

Top Romney surrogate John Sununu suggested Thursday night that Colin Powell endorsed President Barack Obama in part because the two men are the same race.

Sununu, who served as governor of New Hampshire from 1983 to 1989, made the comment during an appearance on CNN's "Piers Morgan Tonight." Morgan asked Sununu whether Powell's endorsement of Obama, after having also thrown his support behind the president in 2008, meant the former four-star general should end his membership in the Republican Party.

The exchange that followed:

Sununu: Well, I'm not sure how important that is. I do like the fact that Colin Powell's boss, George Herbert Walker Bush, has endorsed Mitt Romney all along. And frankly, when you take a look at Colin Powell, you have to wonder whether that's an endorsement based on issues or whether he's got a slightly different reason for preferring President Obama.

Morgan: What reason would that be?

Sununu: Well, I think when you have somebody of your own race that you're proud of being president of the United States, I applaud Colin for standing with him.

I knew it was only a matter of time before one of Romney's stooges made this accusation regarding the endorsement of Obama by one of the most respected Republicans and General in modern times.

I wonder when Mittens is going to speak out against this ignorance? :eusa_whistle:

John Sununu, Top Romney Surrogate, Suggests Colin Powell Obama Endorsement Motivated By Race [UPDATE]

Top Romney surrogate John Sununu suggested Thursday night that Colin Powell endorsed President Barack Obama in part because the two men are the same race.

Sununu, who served as governor of New Hampshire from 1983 to 1989, made the comment during an appearance on CNN's "Piers Morgan Tonight." Morgan asked Sununu whether Powell's endorsement of Obama, after having also thrown his support behind the president in 2008, meant the former four-star general should end his membership in the Republican Party.

Sununu: Well, I'm not sure how important that is. I do like the fact that Colin Powell's boss, George Herbert Walker Bush, has endorsed Mitt Romney all along. And frankly, when you take a look at Colin Powell, you have to wonder whether that's an endorsement based on issues or whether he's got a slightly different reason for preferring President Obama.

Sununu: Well, I think when you have somebody of your own race that you're proud of being president of the United States, I applaud Colin for standing with him.
What Sununu is revealing is HE supports Bishop Willard because of his race!

"We can only judge others by ourselves"
- anonymous

Colin Powell voting for Obama shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.

Something like 96% of all blacks vote Democrat.

Plus, blacks overwhelmingly vote for other blacks in elections.

Pointing this out isn't racist.....just reality.

True story............ :cool:

Pointing this out isn't racist.
....just reality.

It's not reality or true, but it IS racist. It is racist precisely because it is false, as proven by the fact that Blacks do NOT vote for Black Republicans. If Blacks voted race rather than Party, Black Republicans would get 90+% of the Black vote. Blacks obviously vote Party over race because White Democrats also get the vast majority of the Black vote even when running against a Black Republican.

Why would Romney, a devout Mormon, want the endorsement of someone clearly descended from the seed of Cain?

In the immortal words of Brigham Young:

"You see some classes of the human family that are black, uncouth, uncomely, disagreeable and low in their habits, wild, and seemingly deprived of nearly all the blessings of the intelligence that is generally bestowed upon mankind. [...] Cain slew his brother. Cain might have been killed, and that would have put a termination to that line of human beings. This was not to be, and the Lord put a mark upon him, which is the flat nose and black skin." (Journal of Discourses, vol. 7, p. 290).

"In our first settlement in Missouri, it was said by our enemies that we intended to tamper with the slaves, not that we had any idea of the kind, for such a thing never entered our minds. We knew that the children of Ham were to be the "servant of servants," and no power under heaven could hinder it, so long as the Lord would permit them to welter under the curse and those were known to be our religious views concerning them." (Journal of Discourses, vol. 2, p. 172).

"Shall I tell you the law of God in regard to the African race? If the white man who belongs to the chosen seed mixes his blood with the seed of Cain, the penalty, under the law of God, is death on the spot. This will always be so." (Journal of Discourses, vol. 10, p. 110).

"Shall I tell you the law of God in regard to the African race? If the white man who belongs to the chosen seed mixes his blood with the seed of Cain, the penalty, under the law of God, is death on the spot. This will always be so." (Journal of Discourses, vol. 10, p. 110).

Romney has to tread carefully here, if he wants to avoid pissing off his cultist base.

Blacks do not consider a black Republican to be black.

True story.......... :cool:
And you know this because as a member of the CON$ervoFascist Brotherhood you can read minds. :cuckoo:

Following your "logic," Blacks do not consider White Democrats to be Black either, yet they overwhelmingly vote for them!

....just reality.

It's not reality or true, but it IS racist. It is racist precisely because it is false, as proven by the fact that Blacks do NOT vote for Black Republicans. If Blacks voted race rather than Party, Black Republicans would get 90+% of the Black vote. Blacks obviously vote Party over race because White Democrats also get the vast majority of the Black vote even when running against a Black Republican.

Really, so if Hillary would have made a play for the Presidency........you actually believe that there would be a single black democrat that would vote for her over osama?
:lol::lol::lol: ......sure :lol::lol::lol:

Later, Sununu released a statement saying "Colin Powell is a friend and I respect the endorsement decision he made and I do not doubt that it was based on anything but his support of the President's policies."

Sununu also pointed to Morgan's original question, which was whether Powell should leave the Republican Party.

"I don't think he should," Sununu wrote.

Powell, who served as the first African American secretary of state under President George W. Bush, made his endorsement earlier Thursday, citing a number of issues not related to race as reasons he was backing Obama for a second time.

The Republican said he believe the economy is "starting to pick up" and attributed the recovery to the president's polices, citing specifically the auto industry bailout and Obama's economic proposals. "Generally we've come out of the dive and we're starting to gain altitude," he said.

Powell said he was "uncomfortable" with Romney's tax plans and views on foreign policy. Pointing to Monday night's final presidential debate, Powell argued the GOP nominee had changed positions on the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. The former secretary of state said he was concerned with the advice Romney was getting from campaign staff.

"I think there are some very, very strong neo-conservative views that are presented by the governor that I have some trouble with," Powell said, though he did not elaborate on which views.

"I also saw the president get us out of one war, start to get us out of a second war and did not get us into any new wars," he said.

Powell made headlines when the former George W. Bush administration official, who also worked for President Ronald Reagan and President George H.W. Bush, crossed party lines and supported Obama last cycle.

Sununu cites race as factor for Powell

....just reality.

Really, so if Hillary would have made a play for the Presidency........you actually believe that there would be a single black democrat that would vote for her over osama?
:lol::lol::lol: ......sure :lol::lol::lol:
No Democrat, White or Black would vote for GOP hero Osama Bin Laden. The CON$ervoFascist Brotherhood however would vote unanimously for Osama.

Colin Powell should leave the Republican party he already stuck the party in the back

Colin Powell should leave the Republican party he already stuck the party in the back

Or the Party stuck him and the rest of the country in the back.

General Powell served his country in three wars. (Vietnam, The Gulf War and the War on Terror).

Mitt Romney got a missionary exemption to avoid military service.

I'd take General Powell over Bishop Romney any day.

Or the Party stuck him and the rest of the country in the back.

General Powell served his country in three wars. (Vietnam, The Gulf War and the War on Terror).

Mitt Romney got a missionary exemption to avoid military service.

I'd take General Powell over Bishop Romney any day.

you all can have him..He has no loyalty or honor as far as I'm concerned

The rightwing propaganda machine played this race card in 2008 when Powell endorsed Obama.

The 'big tent' Republican Party keeps insisting on making the tent smaller and smaller and smaller,

and then when a moderate/centrist like Powell ends up outside the tent,

they say it's his fault.

Hell, everybody knows Obama is president only because he's black. It's pretty much an open secret which cannot be uttered even though everybody, even Democrats know it to be true.

The rightwing propaganda machine played this race card in 2008 when Powell endorsed Obama.

The 'big tent' Republican Party keeps insisting on making the tent smaller and smaller and smaller,

and then when a moderate/centrist like Powell ends up outside the tent,

they say it's his fault.

oh yawn..We aren't like you liberals who no matter what a politican does, lies, cheats, steals, You all keep them till they die
you are welcome to Powell..he's the type you all like to own anyway

Last edited:

General Powell's military awards.

Defense Distinguished Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Distinguished Service Medal, Army with oak leaf cluster
Defense Superior Service Medal
Legion of Merit with oak leaf cluster
Soldier's Medal
Bronze Star
Purple Heart
Air Medal
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Army Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Presidential Medal of Freedom (two awards, 1991 & 1993)
Presidential Citizens Medal
National Defense Service Medal with bronze service star
Vietnam Service Medal with silver service star
Army Service Ribbon
Army Overseas Service Ribbon with award numeral 4

Colin Powell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Romney's medals...

Ummmm... errr.... Well, maybe the LDS gave him something. I think he got the "Magic Underwear" award.

General Powell's military awards.

Defense Distinguished Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Distinguished Service Medal, Army with oak leaf cluster
Defense Superior Service Medal
Legion of Merit with oak leaf cluster
Soldier's Medal
Bronze Star
Purple Heart
Air Medal
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Army Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Presidential Medal of Freedom (two awards, 1991 & 1993)
Presidential Citizens Medal
National Defense Service Medal with bronze service star
Vietnam Service Medal with silver service star
Army Service Ribbon
Army Overseas Service Ribbon with award numeral 4

Colin Powell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Romney's medals...

Ummmm... errr.... Well, maybe the LDS gave him something. I think he got the "Magic Underwear" award.

Obama's MEDALS.....:eusa_whistle:
give us a break Joey...you all can have Powell, take him

...everybody knows Obama is president only because he's black. ...

I think it was far less about his ethnicity than his eloquence. Following 8 solid years of the mush-mouthed retard from Texas, it was refreshing to listen to someone who could verbalize a thought without tripping over every other word.

Last edited:
Obama can verbalize a good script written for him that's for sure..

then we get, we are going to stop the seas from rising and heal the planets...

and you dupes fell for it...:lol:

Forum List

Back