Romney 2020 ?

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Ok, hear me out.

Likely you've heard today the remarks Romney has made about Trump.

What if Romney spent much of this year really slamming Trump, and at the same time telling Americans how much better we can do.
What if he also spent time saying how we need to stop illegal immigration and how we must get our border secured ?

What if he also talked a lot about jobs and the economy and how we need to keep what we've got right now going ?

In short, what if he talked about many of the things Trump has talked about, but without all the drama, immorality, snarkiness, etc.

Then, what if he announced early next year that he was going to challenge Trump in the primary ? Think he would have a chance ?

Ok, hear me out.

What if Romney spent much of this year really slamming Trump, and at the same time telling Americans how much better we can do.
What if he also spent time saying how we need to stop illegal immigration and how we must get our border secured ?

What if he also talked a lot about jobs and the economy and how we need to keep what we've got right now going ?

In short, what if he talked about many of the things Trump has talked about, but without all the drama, immorality, snarkiness, etc.

Then, what if he announced early next year that he was going to challenge Trump in the primary ? Think he would have a chance ?

Four words, "binders full of women". Nuff said.

Ok, hear me out.

If the Democrats somehow succeed in their multi-year threat to dispose Trump and the GOP abandons him for Romney or another pressed-suit McCain/BobDole lookalike I'm done voting. This country can go to the dogs.

I've no use at all for the Democrats and only slight respect for the Republicans. For 50 years all I've heard people do is bitch about politicians and corruption in DC. They finally get a guy in there, an outsider willing to bust his knuckles to try to straighten some of it out and just because the guy is blunt, willful, outspoken and very flamboyant, and yes, kinda crass at times, they want to go back to business as usual???

th.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, hear me out.

So the argument is I can trump Trump and you can be proud of me? Not enough upside there to trust he wont Bush out.

The Hill ^

Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee (R) blasted Sen. Mitt Romney on Friday after the Utah Republican said he was "sickened" by President Trump's actions in the Mueller report.

"Know what makes me sick, Mitt? Not how disingenuous you were to take @realDonaldTrump $$ and then 4 yrs later jealously trash him & then love him again when you begged to be Sec of State, but makes me sick that you got GOP nomination and could have been @POTUS," Huckabee tweeted.

Huckabee, an ally of Trump who is also the father of White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders, pushed back hours after the Utah senator blasted the "dishonesty and misdirection" described in special counsel Robert Mueller's report.

"I am sickened at the extent and pervasiveness of dishonesty and misdirection by individuals in the highest office of the land, including the President," Romney said in a statement posted to Twitter.

"I am appalled that, among other things, fellow citizens working in a campaign for president welcomed help from Russia — including information that had been illegally obtained; that none of them acted to inform American law enforcement," he wrote.

Ok, hear me out.

Mr. Romney would stand zero chance IMHO.

People are still pissed at him for his pathetic excuse for a campaign in 2012 and his failure to take it to B. Hussein O.

There is no reason to think that he could defeat President Trump in the primary and even less reason to think that he could vanquish any of the Democrat Party contenders.

If Romney wants to become President- he would do better to switch parties and join the Democrat race. He would seem very moderate compared to the other D's, and could attract crossover voters in the Democrat Open Primaries.

Ok, hear me out.

I voted for Romney. But, I will never do so again. He is as phony as they come. I now wonder if the Dems claims about him are true.

Ok, hear me out.

I voted for Romney. But, I will never do so again. He is as phony as they come. I now wonder if the Dems claims about him are true.

Romney would have a hard time proving beyond a shadow of a doubt his taxes are in order after the allegations from his co-religionist Dingy Hairy.

It's interesting that Obama can lie through his teeth (you can keep your doctor) and Harry can lie (word is Mitt hasn't paid his taxes), and the media just shrugs.

Ok, hear me out.

Given the choice of Romney, or whoever the Dim candidate turns out to be, would you still feel that way ?

Ok, hear me out.

Loser.

Couldn't beat dumbo.

Worse that Kasich or McCain.

Given the choice of Romney, or whoever the Dim candidate turns out to be, would you still feel that way ?

Romney probably wouldn't be any better than a Dim, and might be worse.

I can't see him putting up the fight against the media and the left that Donald J. Trump did. I think he would cave on a lot of issues.

And that would be worse than having a Democrat imposing their will, because whatever silliness the left got Mitt to cave on would be blamed on the Republicans and conservatives when it failed. Just like when the libs got HW to agree to massive tax increases.

Romney is a pathetic compassionate progressive republican that is nothing more than an old fashioned status quo elitist dilettante. How the carpet bagger was ever elected in Utah is a disgrace and wonder.

Ok, hear me out.

We chose not to vote for him in 2012... why the fuck would we suddenly want to vote for him in 2020?

He’s at best a moderate, and in many ways a Liberal. I say that as a Massachusetts resident who saw him as Governor. There is NO circumstance under which I could vote for Romney for any office.

Romney had his chance in 2012. An election he should have won in a landslide. But he refused to push back at Obama's blatant lies because he was afraid of being called "racist". He absolutely destroyed Obama in the first debate, then wouldn't push the advantage he obviously had gained.

Forum List

Back