Rogue planets common

Old Rocks

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2008
Portland, Ore.
Seems rogue planets are far more common than previously thought. Would not be a good scene if a Jupiter sized one wandered through our solar system.

I'm always amazed at the size of the brass balls these people have.
Looking at a miniscule dot in the universe and then telling us they know for certain it's a planet.

LMAO
Toffeenut Baconsmuggler

Uh, then maybe, instead of sitting there in proud, abject ignorance, you should read about how they know it is a planet.

Does this simple idea ever occur to you?

Same goes for you, Yarddog

I'm always amazed at the size of the brass balls these people have.
Looking at a miniscule dot in the universe and then telling us they know for certain it's a planet.

LMAO
I am always amazed at the levels of Dunning-Kruger displayed by people like you. You look at the title and think you already know everything in the article or video.

Old Rocks
The Milky Way is so vast and massive
The odds of a rogue planet getting into our solar system is near zero
"In 2015, a team of researchers announced that a red dwarf called Scholz's star apparently grazed the solar system 70,000 years ago, coming closer than 1 light-year to the sun.Mar 21, 2018"

Yep. Or another object toward a collision with Earth.
A rogue planet or brown dwarf going through the Oort Cloud could easily send a shower of comets inward. In fact, if that Red Dwarf came that close, it may well be that we have not seen the full effects of the affects on the Oort Cloud. Our current Oort Cloud comment has a period of 80,000 years and it is one of the closer objects. At one light year it was definitely within our Oort Cloud.

Toffeenut Baconsmuggler

Uh, then maybe, instead of sitting there in proud, abject ignorance, you should read about how they know it is a planet.

Does this simple idea ever occur to you?

Same goes for you, Yarddog

I've read it. I've watched the "documentaries". I've watched the PBS "science" programs.

Don't give a shit what they say. You cannot tell what a miniscule dot IS unless you've BEEN TO IT. They can make up all the "science" they want to make up and call it fact..............it still does not vindicate the FACT that THEY DON'T KNOW.

Forum List

Back