Roger Waters on acts like The Weeknd and Drake getting more attention: 'I am far, far, far more important than any of them will ever be'

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
I don't disagree with him, but tooting your own horn like this, wow.
By the way, I know who Drake is, but who the fuck is 'The Weekend'?

Roger Waters has a few things to say about today's music stars.

At 78, the famous rocker and former Pink Floyd star is showing no signs of slowing down — or biting his tongue. In a new interview, Waters stated that while he's not intentionally taking a hit at the musical acts of today, he believes he is "far, far, far more important" than Canadian stars like the Weeknd and Drake.

The discussion began when Waters asked why none of the newspapers in Toronto had sent a critic to cover his show there. He was told by the reporter that his show was scheduled on the same evening as the Weeknd's performance across town, which was ultimately canceled.

Waters has never been upbeat.

It's also not everyone that can write a song like Pigs (three different ones) that is as relevant today as it was 45 years ago when it was released.

It's too bad Waters has let his political beliefs overshadow his solo work since leaving Pink Floyd. Most of the solo work by him SUCKS. He needed David Gilmour and the others to really shine. And it's too bad he appears to be a pompous a**hole to boot.

It's also not everyone that can write a song like Pigs (three different ones) that is as relevant today as it was 45 years ago when it was released.

pink floyd only played Animals live one year, 1977
it's a good album
it's the musical version of Orwell's Animal Farm
waters is doing it in his solo concerts

pink floyd only played Animals live one year, 1977
it's a good album
it's the musical version of Orwell's Animal Farm
waters is doing it in his solo concerts

I couldn't afford a ticket and had to sit outside Cleveland Stadium and listen from the parking lot. LOL

He is right. 10 years from now no one will give a shit about the weekend, blinded by the light will get replays on classic pop radio stations sometimes and that's it. No one will remember him. But pink Floyd and Roger waters will still be legends and their music will still be selling.

Musicians today are all flash in the pans, successful for a minute and forgotten. Most of them don't even have a real instrument or real musician in their group, most of them can't sing and instead autotune themselves, they don't sing about anything at all really, and quickly decline in popularity.

Real music, real singers, real musicians creating music that doesn't involve a computer will always be around. Drake will not.

Eddie van Halen or sting or Joan biaz have 10x more musical talent than any modern musician.

Side note, I do like blinded by the light, it's catchy.

Eddie van Halen or sting or Joan biaz have 10x more musical talent than any modern musician.

Modern? I think it depends on how one defines modern.

I kinda initially dismissed him but once I got into him, Post Malone is a very talented musician.

No he will never create what Roger Waters did but he is a very good musician.

He is right. 10 years from now no one will give a shit about the weekend, blinded by the light will get replays on classic pop radio stations sometimes and that's it. No one will remember him. But pink Floyd and Roger waters will still be legends and their music will still be selling.
So says everyone as they grow old and get replaced by the next generation who couldn't give a fuck who you are. Waters might as well be an old fuck yelling at them to get off his lawn.

So says everyone as they grow old and get replaced by the next generation who couldn't give a fuck who you are. Waters might as well be an old fuck yelling at them to get off his lawn.

Except that Waters can still fill large venue's.

Except that Waters can still fill large venue's.
And yet can't even get reporters to come out and give a fuck. That's what he's complaining about in the article. They ditched him to cover the Weekend and then the Weekend didn't even show. 😄

And yet can't even get reporters to come out and give a fuck. That's what he's complaining about in the article. They ditched him to cover the Weekend and then the Weekend didn't even show. 😄

He has an ego. I suppose he has earned it.

Well we'll see how well Drake and 'The Weekend' (lol!) are selling 50 years from now. Dark Side of the Moon released in 1973 still sells quite well, and stayed on Billboards top 200 for 950 weeks. I wouldn't have expected someone like you to know this.

Well we'll see how well Drake and 'The Weekend' (lol!) are selling 50 years from now. Dark Side of the Moon released in 1973 still sells quite well, and stayed on Billboards top 200 for 950 weeks. I wouldn't have expected someone like you to know this.
No we won't because I don't give a shit about which artist is on the top 200, 50 years from now. I didn't even know who Drake was until my daughter pointed him out to me one day. I just think it's funny an old man is screaming about how much more important he is. If he really was, he wouldn't need to tell anyone.

No we won't because I don't give a shit about which artist is on the top 200, 50 years from now. I didn't even know who Drake was until my daughter pointed him out to me one day. I just think it's funny an old man is screaming about how much more important he is. If he really was, he wouldn't need to tell anyone.

He definitely looks ridiculous making these grandiose comments about himself. He is correct however.

All in Roger is just another brick in the wall. That was tooo tempting.

New Topics

Forum List

Back