Roger Ailes: "The candidates that can't face Fox, can't face Al Qaeda

red states rule

May 30, 2006
Truer worder were never spoken

Murdoch, Ailes, Weymouth Pump Bloomberg At Breindel Awards

June 6, 2007 | Michael Calderone

Posted on 06/06/2007 12:29:36 PM PDT by george76

Mr. Murdoch hosted the 9th annual presentation of the Eric Breindel awards for opinion writing alongside Fox News boss Roger Ailes and Newsweek senior editor Lally Weymouth.

Mr. Ailes ...“We’ve become increasingly successful, and yet we’ve been increasingly criticized," he said to the crowd about his company. "Sometimes for being too pro-American. Sometimes we’re too pro-Israel. Sometimes too pro-democracy.

"I’ve been quoted as saying, ‘This is a great country.’ A lot of people are trying to get in, nobody’s trying to get out. The press is an essential pillar of that democracy. The press didn’t invent democracy. Democracy invented freedom of the press. So we will investigate anything and find the truth, and report it, but we do not get up every morning, assuming that our country is guilty. We just happen to like democracy."

And he had some choice words for Democratic candidates who have decided not to debate on Fox.

“The candidates that can’t face Fox, can’t face Al Qaeda,” said Mr. Ailes. “And that’s what’s coming.”

That was followed by applause from the crowd...

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1845960/posts

Truer worder were never spoken

Murdoch, Ailes, Weymouth Pump Bloomberg At Breindel Awards

June 6, 2007 | Michael Calderone

Posted on 06/06/2007 12:29:36 PM PDT by george76

Mr. Murdoch hosted the 9th annual presentation of the Eric Breindel awards for opinion writing alongside Fox News boss Roger Ailes and Newsweek senior editor Lally Weymouth.

Mr. Ailes ...“We’ve become increasingly successful, and yet we’ve been increasingly criticized," he said to the crowd about his company. "Sometimes for being too pro-American. Sometimes we’re too pro-Israel. Sometimes too pro-democracy.

"I’ve been quoted as saying, ‘This is a great country.’ A lot of people are trying to get in, nobody’s trying to get out. The press is an essential pillar of that democracy. The press didn’t invent democracy. Democracy invented freedom of the press. So we will investigate anything and find the truth, and report it, but we do not get up every morning, assuming that our country is guilty. We just happen to like democracy."

And he had some choice words for Democratic candidates who have decided not to debate on Fox.

“The candidates that can’t face Fox, can’t face Al Qaeda,” said Mr. Ailes. “And that’s what’s coming.”

That was followed by applause from the crowd...

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1845960/posts

This is just silly sour grapes. It is ludicrous to compare a “news” network with a terrorist organization.

This is just silly sour grapes. It is ludicrous to compare a “news” network with a terrorist organization.

How can it be sour grapes? Fox News destroys CNN, and the Dems were scared to debate on Fox

Hell, the last thing Dems want is to be asked real questions during a debate

How can it be sour grapes? Fox News destroys CNN, and the Dems were scared to debate on Fox

Hell, the last thing Dems want is to be asked real questions during a debate

So the Democrats don’t want to debate on FOX. Big freaking deal. Murdock is so disappointed that the Democrats won’t be on FOX. Look. The Dems will have their political candidate one way or another to go against the Republican pick. That is a far cry from saying that Dems will not respond to AQ.

So the Democrats don’t want to debate on FOX. Big freaking deal. Murdock is so disappointed that the Democrats won’t be on FOX. Look. The Dems will have their political candidate one way or another to go against the Republican pick. That is a far cry from saying that Dems will not respond to AQ.

It tells you alot about the Dems when they do not have the guts to appear on the #1 watched cable news network

So far the Dems have not stood up to terrorists. All I have seen is they want to appease them and surrender to them in Iraq

It is sad when a political party is scared of a tv network and terrorists

It tells you alot about the Dems when they do not have the guts to appear on the #1 watched cable news network

So far the Dems have not stood up to terrorists. All I have seen is they want to appease them and surrender to them in Iraq

It is sad when a political party is scared of a tv network and terrorists

It is simple strategy. Democrats though it best not to have a debate from FOX. That is all that there is to it.

Oh No! Some candidates are not going to attend the Iowa caucus! Those cowards! LOL.

http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/Politics/story?id=3216468&page=1

No. They are not cowards. They are simply using different strategy.

The same applies to fighting terrorism. Iraq has a new government, Saddam is dead. Just because the Democrats think that we should deploy troops elsewhere does not mean that they fear terrorists. The Democrats merely have different views on how to best fight terrorism.

I agree, this is the democratic debate. Not the presidential debate. They can go on any network they want and debate eachother. Just like republicans can go on fox and debate eachother. Its called strategy. If democrats dont want fox asking rhetorical questions about god, they have the right to debate somewhere else.

I dont think republicans would want to debate the bible on a science channel now would they?

It's one of the stupidest things I've ever heard, actually.

And Roger Ailes isn't fit to lick Eric Breindel's boots.

Yea, why would Dems want to have thier debate on the #1 watched cable new network and have to answer real questions?

Stupidest thing I have heard is how Dems were going to stand up to terrorists - then they want to surrender to them

I agree, this is the democratic debate. Not the presidential debate. They can go on any network they want and debate eachother. Just like republicans can go on fox and debate eachother. Its called strategy. If democrats dont want fox asking rhetorical questions about god, they have the right to debate somewhere else.

I dont think republicans would want to debate the bible on a science channel now would they?

Unlike Dems, I did not see Republicans skip the debates on MSNBC with wall to wall liberals asking the questions

You can't seriously believe all the bullshit you post :lol: :lol:

The only bullshit is coming for the left and angry people like you

Libs have a fear of Fox News since they report both sides

and libs are afraid of terrorists - they do want to surrender and appease them instead of capturing and killing them

New Topics

Forum List

Back