Roeder Sentenced to Life For Murder Of Dr. Tiller

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
I just saw a show on several people who took it on themselves to kill doctors. All were willing to sacrifice their freedom or even their lives for their beliefs.
I couldn't help thinking of suicide bombers.

Scott Roeder sentenced to life in prison - latimes.com

By Robin Abcarian

April 1, 2010 | 5:46 p.m.

Scott Roeder, the antiabortion extremist who murdered George Tiller, one of the handful of American physicians who performed late-term abortions, was sentenced to life in prison in a Wichita, Kan., courtroom Thursday and will not be eligible for parole for more than 50 years.

"The blood of babies is on your hands!" he yelled at prosecutors as bailiffs lead him from the courtroom.

A former airport shuttle driver who was once arrested with bomb-making materials in his car, Roeder, 52, was convicted on Jan. 29 of premeditated murder for shooting Tiller point-blank in the forehead during a Sunday service on May 31 as the doctor stood in the vestibule of his Wichita church.
<more>

And we'll all miss that wonderful man who butchered and dismembered babies in utero.

I for one, won't mind having Scott Roeder in prison for the rest of his life.

I admire his committment, but not his cause.

It's for God to judge them both. I suspect He'll be kind of harsh on both. And they can spend eternity in Hell arguing about the rights and wrongs of their respective actions.

interesting how scott peterson was convicted of two murders, his wife and unborn baby....yet dr. tiller....

nonetheless, murdering dr. tiller is not the way to change things

All premeditated murderers should die in prison.

I wish peoolle would stop injecting their religion into the lives of others.

The anti's have lost on the abortion issue, now and forever. Sadly there will always be the few off on some island, figuratively speaking, believing the war isn't over.

All premeditated murderers should die in prison.

I wish peoolle would stop injecting their religion into the lives of others.

The prolife stance isn't only religious. There are many atheist who also believe that killing a baby that is able to live outside it mothers womb is wrong.

Despite that, Roeder does indeed deserve to be in prison.

Last edited:
"The blood of babies is on your hands!" he yelled at prosecutors as bailiffs lead him from the courtroom.

What was that supposed to mean? Did he mean that if they had let him go, he would have done it again?

He deserves to be in prison for the rest of his life. I think he got off lucky. He's lucky not to be on death row today.

Immie

Tiller was probably the most evil person on earth and all roeder did was perform a very late term abortion. "we reap what we sow". And now roeder is paying for his crime.

But Tiller the killer was a very sick human being.

New Topics

Forum List

Back